Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Thoughts on the original Gagachella thread (2017)

Starmie25

Featured Posts

Starmie25

From the frightening tentacle entering Gaga's mouth, the explosive Scheisse intro, the ARTPOP deep cuts, and a brand new "Cure".. yeah, this truly was a time to be alive.

This is also round the year I became a fan of GaGa too, so I sometimes revist this particular thread to relive the excitement, nostalgia and full on epicness that was/is Gagachella.

Were any of you present during the official Gagachella thread? And what do you think now 6 years later..

Page 145 - "It's starting!" 

side note: not some users thinking was she was pregnant here ☠️

Edited by Staryu17
  • Thanks 1

Maxine Puth

Seeing all the excitement for The Cure :enigma: I can’t remember the last time she truly surprised us with new music like that. I guess that was it. 

• Like 3

Sneaky Oliver

Gagachella was really really great! It’s a shame she couldn’t perform again in 2020 I think she would have topped the one from 2017!

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Starmie25
18 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Gagachella was really really great! It’s a shame she couldn’t perform again in 2020 I think she would have topped the one from 2017!

Was it an actual full blown set for 2020? Or just a one-off performance of a Chromatica cut?

Starmie25
27 minutes ago, Maxine Puth said:

Seeing all the excitement for The Cure :enigma: I can’t remember the last time she truly surprised us with new music like that. I guess that was it. 

Maybe later this year with the ARTPOP ACT III (EP) [Not Alice Version] 🥰

Anderson123

It's really cool how fast she decided to step in after Beyoncé announced her pregnancy and still managed to make a great show. The Cure was a nice surprise still love that song so much, she was just doing everything she wanted and enjoying it.

1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

1 hour ago, Staryu17 said:

Was it an actual full blown set for 2020? Or just a one-off performance of a Chromatica cut?

Truly a shame Chromatica didn't get it's chance to shine, it was the perfect album for a "return to her dance roots" with all the visuals and Mugler clothes, etc.

I think she was supposed to be one of the main artists and that "secret Coachella line up planned" thing she said probably means Blackpink and/or Ariana were going to appear at some point. They had merch ready for Sour Candy and wanted to make a music video.

• Love 1

Massive Monster

Everyone expected country/ yee-haw/ Joanne but she surprised us with some weird sh*t. 

Also can we talk about that hair.

Hotness.

:giveup:

Edited by Massive Monster
Kind regards
  • Shook 1

LaFama

The way she did the Super Bowl, was a Coachella headliner, went on tour, shot a movie, and even some things at the same time, 2017 really was a great year to be a fan. 

I think it was a great show, specially given how quickly she had to put it together and how much she had on her plate at the time. For me the setlist is one of her best, hits for the GP, deep cuts for the fans, songs making a comeback and even The Cure, which is a nice little bop and I think has aged pretty well (I'd be here for more stand alone singles tbh). 

Gagachella might have some of my favorite visuals for her live perfomances, the fact she was on her brunette era makes them stand out. 

And of course, it wouldn't be a Gaga event without fans making theories about things that wouldn't happen, like The Witching Hour :enigma:

Hopefully she can make a comeback in the future with another record, I'm sure the Chromatica set was going to be amazing (I lowkey think the VMAs performance might be a little tease of what it could've been). 

Its not a fedora u f*ck
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Starmie25
8 hours ago, LaFama said:

Gagachella might have some of my favorite visuals for her live perfomances

Agreed! Coachella/JWT visuals :giveup:

That opening visual of the tentacle gave me chills. 

• YAAAS 1

ProfessionalClown

My parents were out that night and I was watching the show on the tv in the living room. As soon as she started speaking I before announcing the cure I got up and was like ???? And was covering my mouth and literally was jumping and crying when it happened it was so iconic 

• Love 1
  • Shook 1