event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Juanlittlem
12 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Serbia looks so good omg. 

They said BUDGET HONEY

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • YAAAS 1

Dutch
3 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

Yeah pathetic thing, but still we'll have videos on Twitter by people in the arena and that israhelli fad may not be that happy to perform there anymore if she sees how people are against them being there :ororomunroe:

They already know people hate them and yet they don’t care. The girl could end up dead and they just don’t care.

• Like 2

Juanlittlem
16 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

Yeah pathetic thing, but still we'll have videos on Twitter by people in the arena and that israhelli fad may not be that happy to perform there anymore if she sees how people are against them being there :ororomunroe:

Wouldn't it be nice that all the crowd lit up their flashlights having green red and black on it? I will make it happen :flower:

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

DesertWolf
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

They already know people hate them and yet they don’t care. The girl could end up dead and they just don’t care.

Yeah but a different thing is to get close to that hate like performing in front of an audience ready to throw a tomato on you. But still want the EBU to be mad somehow more than Israhell :poot:

1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

Wouldn't it be nice that all the crowd lit up their flashlights having green red and black on it? I will make it happen :flower:

And then everyone storms on the stage and throws away the ziorat :enigma: i'm here for It 

• YAAAS 1

DesertWolf

Maybe we should drop here our top 10s and do a scoreboard like we did a few times in the past :queenga: making the final updates of my tanking rn

Dutch

Will update yall later today. Will be gone for a moment 

DesertWolf

Serbia has made an update to their performance already :billie:

• LMAO 3

River

Hey guys, a little request before we're approaching the Eurovision.

We're all pretty pissed that Israel is part of the competition, but if we can from this point on, keep the thread as little political as possible? in some sense.. do this for me because I'm watching too and I really don't want to deal with reports and problems, I just want to watch it and hope that Switzerland will win so next year I'll be able to attend the Eurovision :traumatica:

It's not a mod team message, more me personally :franminervini:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Juanlittlem

Poland's rehearsal looks insanely good? Omg

• YAAAS 1

Fantina
5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Rehearsal 2: 🇷🇸 Serbia – TEYA DORA - RAMONDA

Time for a change of pace now - this year Serbia are represented by TEYA DORA, who is one of their most well-known recording artists. Her song RAMONDA is a haunting, heartfelt ballad - Ramonda is a purple flower that is a symbol of Serbian resilience and rebirth. There aren’t many ballads this year – it’s a VERY banger-heavy year – so we’re taking a moment to relax and sway gently.

The staging for this song is very similar to when TEYA DORA won Pesma za Evroviziju, Serbia’s national finals, back in March. A big rock (we think the same one as the NF, but can't been 100% sure), shadowy lighting, graphics of clouds and stars and lightning, finishing with a blooming ramonda flower.

TEYA DORA's costume is a dark grey dress with a long layered skirt - all very dramatic and atmospheric. Photo coming soon!

PYRO UPDATE! Lots and lots of smoke in the final run through, so that's what you'll see on 7th May. For art fans, it reminds us of Caspar David Friedrich's Wanderer above the Sea of Fog. Niche, we know.

rehearsals-day-1-live-blog-v0-8wrld6vhxz

I love her so so much and I am super proud she gets to represent my country! No matter the result, she is a part of a newer generation of artists here that are slowly taking over and I PRAY that her success inspires more young people to come out and do music! :heart:

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX
  • YAAAS 1

Dutch

Rehearsal 5: 🇺🇦 Ukraine – alyona alyona & Jerry Heil – Teresa & Maria

In the Semi-Final 1 running order, the UK’s Olly Alexander will be performing next, but his first rehearsal isn’t until Thursday. So next on stage today is Ukraine’s alyona alyona & Jerry Heil.

Since the introduction of Semi-Finals in 2004, Ukraine is the only country who has qualified in every competition they have participated in. This year they’ve sent two of the country’s most successful artists to defend that record, with their pop/rap fusion Teresa & Maria.

They’ve definitely elevated the staging from their performance at Vidbir, with our second on-stage rock of the day. This is more of a rocky slope, like a mix of TEYA DORA’s rock and Brunette’s prop from last year. Jerry Heil climbs it into a wind machine, then alyona alyona emerges from stage right to deliver her rap interlude with heart and soul.

Everything about this – Jerry Heil's ethereal floaty dress, the shadowy figures on the LED wall, the choral backing vocals, feels hymnal and haunting.

There's no pyro in this performance, but there is a beautiful overhead shot at the end that incorporates their two bodies into a multi-person visual.

rehearsals-day-1-live-blog-v0-cfq5efqps0

Dutch

Rehearsal 6: 🇵🇱 Poland – LUNA – The Tower

Next up to rehearse is Poland’s LUNA, who is a singer, songwriter and theatre performer from Warsaw. It’s three minutes of upbeat inspo-pop with a super-catchy chorus - there are a LOT of bops at Eurovision this year, so anyone with tickets to the arena shows needs to wear their best dancing shoes.

Staging-wise, LUNA is revealed on stage from between two huge neon chess rooks that roll across the stage. She’s wearing a shiny PVC-esque red cape with huge pointy shoulders (Joost Klein, the bar has been set). The cape is removed to reveal a long white dress with red horns – never thought we’d be adding ‘lethal shoulders’ to the costume themes this year, but every Eurovision is a new adventure. The skirt then disappears to, and the final look is white shorts.

LUNA also has three faceless backing dancers in black, white and red respectively, and there’s a great moment when she lies on the LED floor and appears to ride a red horse. Huge sci-fi chess vibe, and a very clever piece of visual theatre.

🔥 PYRO UPDATE: In the final run-through - there's are big firework jets all round the stage in the final chorus.

rehearsals-day-1-live-blog-v0-wnz4w2xu01

Dutch

Poland being one of my faves this year and I’m so glad they came through. I’m a bit done with red white and black tho. :huntyga:

• YAAAS 1

Dutch

Rehearsal 7: 🇭🇷 Croatia – Baby Lasagna – Rim Tim Tagi Dim

Time for our last rehearsal of the day (how time flies when you’re having fun) - and it's Croatia. After Let 3 set a high bar for memorable performances in Liverpool last year (underpants, anyone?), this year singer-songwriter Marko Purišić, aka Baby Lasagna, has seized the baton with Rim Tim Tagi Dim - a unique blend of rock, folk, techno and angry violins that tells a story about leaving home to find better opportunities.

Staging wise, the set-up is similar to when Baby Lasagna swept the board at Dora 2024 – elements of traditional dancing, Baby Lasagna in giant frilly sleeves, great use of the whole stage. BUT the whole performance has been polished up for Malmö, from the dance routine to the herd of neon farm animals on the LED wall. Dancing neon cats make an appearance right at the end – surely this will have some pyro? We’ll meow back as soon as we know…

🔥 PYRO UPDATE: Big smoke jets during the violins, then fire jets in each chorus and cracker fireworks before the techno bridge. By FAR the biggest pyro display of the day - who will it be tomorrow?

rehearsals-day-1-live-blog-v0-6u4g0uztb1

Dutch

Ngl expected a upgrade from Croatia to seal the deal. Netherlands still has the chance to win the televote now. 

• Like 2