💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Italy announced the first famous names for SanRemo this year:

GAbH4MNWkAAXDQZ?format=jpg&name=large

Diodato which sadly couldn’t perform in 2020 during the contest being canceled. Il Volo (trash right wing supporters) who were favourites to win in 2015 and Emma who slayed in 2014 (in my book). 

Juanlittlem
53 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Italy announced the first famous names for SanRemo this year:

GAbH4MNWkAAXDQZ?format=jpg&name=large

Diodato which sadly couldn’t perform in 2020 during the contest being canceled. Il Volo (trash right wing supporters) who were favourites to win in 2015 and Emma who slayed in 2014 (in my book). 

Annalisa, Mahmood being there too? I can't, Sanremo and Melfest having so many big names is crazy.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Annalisa, Mahmood being there too? I can't, Sanremo and Melfest having so many big names is crazy.

The Loreen impact is real. Nah, it’s not all to her. Eurovision became a huge career maker instead of a career breaker. A lot of the Eurovision artists are being able to do tours all over Europe after participating. Plus every year did deliver a huge hit recently: Arcade, Maneskin, Snap, Tattoo.

The full list for SanRemo:

GAbRI2SaUAAFWQq?format=jpg&name=medium

What a list. Annalisa better deliver one of her bops rather than something meh like her last try at SanRemo. I’m done with Mahmood. 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Juanlittlem
5 minutes ago, Dutch said:

The Loreen impact is real. Nah, it’s not all to her. Eurovision became a huge career maker instead of a career breaker. A lot of the Eurovision artists are being able to do tours all over Europe after participating. Plus every year did deliver a huge hit recently: Arcade, Maneskin, Snap, Tattoo.

I'm so glad people are getting more recognition after Eurovision tbh! If this continues happening it will probably make bigger names take the risk of taking part of it.

• Like 1

Czechia is selecting their song tonight! Edit: not selecting, just presenting.

Edited by Dutch

Juanlittlem
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

We have our 37 participants!

GAmEWgiWUAA3p0f?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Sad to see a once strong powerhouse like Romania go. Australia is still here. No returning Bulgaria and North Macedonia…

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Sad to see a once strong powerhouse like Romania go

"Whilst Romania is currently not confirmed to compete next year, talks are continuing with TVR on their potential participation as well."

Okinawa
On 6/20/2023 at 6:48 PM, Juanlittlem said:

Do you think we're getting a Taylor Swift Interval Act for the grand final? She's touring on Sweden on  May 17th :party:

maybe? if she did, she'd steal the whole attention from other singers like Madonna did. Imo, American singers shouldn't be allowed to perform at ESC b/c ESC is the only time in the year, when European singers (outside UK) get more attention than American singers. The 50 weeks before and after ESC, American singers are 95%+ of the time in the spotlight.

the only counterargument is that Malmö's arena is not a stadium, it is a concert hall and it is below the dignity of Taylor to perform in sth smaller than a stadium.

Edited by LoliLux
~We are Reel Cool~
  • Like 1

Juanlittlem
3 minutes ago, LoliLux said:

maybe? if she did, she'd steal the whole attention from other singers like Madonna did. Imo, American singers shouldn't be allowed to perform at ESC b/c ESC is the only time in the year, when European singers (outside UK) get more attention than American singers. The week before and after ESC, American singers are 95%+ of the time in the spotlight.

the only counterargument is that Malmö's arena is not a stadium, it is a concert hall and it is below the dignity of Taylor to perform in sth smaller than a stadium.

She ain't doing it! Eurovision takes place on the 11th and she's on France that week :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem

RTVE's audience defender confirms Israel is taking part in Eurovision because none of the countries taking part on Eurovision asked the EBU to ban Israel. According to them, KAN is part of the EBU and every country agreed on letting them participate 'cause it's a TV show and they won't judge a government's action. You can read (in spanish) the whole message here.

Disgusting.

On 12/5/2023 at 6:16 PM, Juanlittlem said:

"Whilst Romania is currently not confirmed to compete next year, talks are continuing with TVR on their potential participation as well."

Seems like Bulgaria isn’t out out yet either. Somebody with money that can safe Bulgaria?

• River pinned this topic