Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What were your first thoughts when Gaga posted THIS:

COOOK

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I was like "FINALLY something official, we have a date!" and reading all of it made me think she was coming up with her most ambitious project. I hyped up myself so much thinking it'd be more techno or experimental but it turned out great, really love the album now.

huttont

I was so excited to see what’s she’d do next. This was intriguing and I was really excited for the app :franminervini:

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

I thought it was the official ARTPOP cover 

I wish it was. 

killme89

The contrast of how bright it was compared to BTW era, also her brown hair 😍

gumzy3000

I liked how fresh, clean, and healthy she looked. 

I'm not even joking, I was thinking way too much about her collarbone being so shiny.

trolly troll troll

Ziggy
54 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

I liked how fresh, clean, and healthy she looked. 

I'm not even joking, I was thinking way too much about her collarbone being so shiny.

No fr I remember everyone was like WOW this fresh faced look is STUNNING. we’d kinda already known an announcement was coming bc she hosted the dinner the night before but even still it was very exciting. Reading it back, though, this sh*t makes no sense :laughga:

Helxig

Sooo many thoughts and feelings. Especially after the broken hip, tour cancellation, her disappearing off the face of the earth, us not being sure if she would ever come back. And this image of her looking so pure after the heavy maximalist makeup and outfits of BTW

I don’t wanna think about it too hard or I’ll get emo :laughga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

CaRoLiNa

The "reverse Warholian Expedition" OMG! The memories, I thought was brilliant! She was finally embracing her most artistic side, we knew she had it but here it would be in full display, I was very excited to see the collaborations with Artists that were not from the Music industry but really from the Arts World, photography, performance art, sculptures, and also technology, she wanted to bring us all into the future and push the boundaries even further, she was advanced to her age, with ideas that not many understood, she wanted to bring Art into the front this time instead of going for a more Pop route, by reading this I knew what she was planning and that this album was going to be experimental, futuristic, and probably not as commercial, because when you push the boundaries there's always opposition, and when you don't follow the current of what's popular, two things can happen, or it works and you change the industry and pop culture so others have to keep up and makes changes too, to follow your trend; or it doesn't work because nobody gets it and they stick to what they know, what is safe and then this revolution falls short, meaning, poor chart sales and poor public reception, I'm afraid that is what happened to ARTPOP later on, at least she tried, but it was awesome!

Now, I loved how she referenced Andy Warhol with this reverse Warholian expedition, because instead of Pop Art (pop being into art, into the canvas) it would be the other way around ARTPOP, Art into Pop, and what better way than doing so introducing the Art into the Pop Star, which is her, Lady Gaga, I understood it completely and was super excited about this, I've been always an Arts geek this just resonated with me so much.

"A celebration of obsession" lol my obsession was Gaga and of course I was celebrating this xD but yeah, it's about her obsession with Art and creativity, the endless possibilities, to merge different mediums together, things that shouldn't be able to mix, like Art with Pop, the serious deep thoughtful and eternal ART with the superficial and ephemeral POP, the way the Fashion industry wouldn't mix themselves with the Music industry but through Gaga, it did, changing the decade and pop culture going forward, she wanted to replicate that but bigger, bringing in technology and Arts into pop culture, she was already kinda doing it before but here, with that "Rage of Electronic Passion and Fury" she would bring in the future and technology, with her music, her sounds, and herself would be the canvas for art, all together coexisting in harmony, uniting opposites, the same way she did before with The Fame (the light, the bright side) and The Fame Monster (the dark side, the bad) puting both together in one album and one concept, a yin yang, beautifully done.

And yes, I also noticed that after Born This Way being so dark, so heavy in its looks and music, it was fresh and like breathing clean air to see her with less makeup (so beautiful by the way, I went on to make a drawing of this photo, she was so beautiful behind the "Aura", behind the Lady Gaga persona that she covers herself with, behind layers of makeup and outfits, to finally see her more natural with no clothes and a clean face <3) it kinda felt like yin yang again but now reversed (like ARTPOP itself lol) going from light with first album (TF) to dark with EP/second album (TFM) continuing with more darkness (BTW) now it was time for the light again (ARTPOP) to shine, going now for the opposite with a brighter concept (like the artRave Tour you see it was all colorful and bright, is light) although later on she would bring back an excess of "Gaganess" as I would call, heavy iconic looks into her Fashion but I can see why, her Venus or Botticelli Aphrodite was clean looking, but there were also many other looks, all inspired in Art in general, she was Art walking the streets but taking it to an extreme, like she wanted to KILL the Pop star to fully become the ART-ist.

By doing so decreasing her own popularity in the masses, because Pop sells, is commercial, and by doing less Pop and more Art she would stay away from "commercial and safe" music, going full commitment into experimental music, heavy EDM etc. I think deep down she knew she would not be as commercial this time but she didn't care, at this point she didn't wanna be a Pop Star anymore, she wanted to be herself and Tour with fans yeah, but she was tired of Fame and she knew that when she did her thing at the beginning if her career there was nothing like her, she was new, she brought something new and exciting to the table, when everybody started copying her, it was everywhere, she changed music and fashion forever, she was the trend to follow but by this point she wanted out, she didn't wanna be one more bitch in the bunch of performers doing all the same damn thing, even if she did it first, ARTPOP with this risky move was going to be her own murder, by giving the public an excess on everything that made her be her, meaning an excess of crazy outfits and performance art to an extreme even on the streets and ****in loud music and it was too much, we loved it yes, but the commercial side of the masses thought it was too much, that she was repeating herself to exhaustion, not interesting anymore, they were already tired of it, in between Gaga being extra Gaga and all the other pop stars doing the same, all visuals, all fashion, all dancers and props, now they wanted less (here comes artists like Ed Sheeran, Adele, Ariana, The Weekend etc. gaining more popularity) she murdered herself in order to be reborn as someone new, enters Cheek to Cheek & the Joanne era.

Those were my thoughts at the time of this publication, except the parts when I talk about the future lol of course, I added that now, but I had a feeling this era was gonna be her staying away of massive popularity and I knew it was gonna be only for us the fans, that she was murdering the pop star to be reborn, all of that yes I thought it back in the day. And so it did happen, even among the fans, some jumped her train before the station with this album. (And it wasn't even Joanne, this was the last over the top Gaga we would have until Chromatica arrived, I don't get why this of all she's done or -would do later- would be the "Ok imma out of here" for many fans, that's dumb, they were just the commercial type I guess). 

CaRoLiNa! ☮ (o,,O) aka Black†Magdalene 💋

TimotheeChalamet
8 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I wish it was. 

Me too, I really dislike the official one but I admit it fits the theme(s) of the album better. If ARTPOP was what it should've been, an album about the ups and downs of being a popstar with insights of Gaga's creative process (with songs like Aura, DWUW, ARTPOP, Dope, MJH and Applause, without the Greek gods madness), that cover would have been perfect imo

Cavadour

And now she's a welder too. Such a chameleon !

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Archived