💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

series

RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars (season 8) - [starts may 12]

bionic

Featured Posts

CyanDante
51 minutes ago, Ultimecia said:

I don't get all the Kandy Muse hate at all, honestly. :fthis:

Was I frustrated like everyone else when she got saved out of nowhere by Ru? Sure, but where is all that hatred coming from?

I love her fashion, and I think she's really funny, sweet and badass.

I really hope this season will flip the fanbase's opinion of her like AS6 did for Silky. :heart:

When was Kandy sweet on her season? :billie: Literally made her whole season unwatchable along with her mean girls brigade.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
11 minutes ago, CyanDante said:

When was Kandy sweet on her season? :billie: Literally made her whole season unwatchable along with her mean girls brigade.

Literally. She was super annoying on her season and imo she wasn't that good. Her fashion was meh, her challenges were average, and she was only kept for the drama and because Ru was obsessed with her for some reason. I hope she's better in AS8 but I'm not looking forward to see her on the show again and I'm sure production is gonna push her to the finale even if she doesn't do well. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Stephen

For me, yes Kandy's attitude was off-putting but more importantly: 

I respond to queens who are natural performers and artists. They have a very clear gift in some form or another whether that be lip sync and bombastic stage presence (Sasha Colby), comedy (Bianca, Bob), singing / acting (Jinkx), dancing (Alyssa, Coco), an artistic vision for fashion or makeup (Raja, Kim Chi) etc. Some great queens have several many talents and are harder to categorize (Manila, Alaska, Shea, etc). 

What I can't stand is when a person has no discernable talent except being a loud mouth in a wig. The only time I somewhat enjoyed Kandy was in the roast, I'll give that to her. For that whole season everything else she did was underwhelming but because she's loud and confrontational, it makes for good TV, so of course they will keep her. 

Now, for All Stars she will undoubtedly have $$$ for expensive runways that I'm sure will look amazing, designed and made by other people. That doesn't impress me. A queen's original season is more telling in the way it reveals their taste - what can you do with no money? What is the taste level and the creativity level? We saw how that turned out.

Kandy.jpgEw7DEeMXAAA50OP.jpg

I'm open to her changing my mind! If she shows some genuine talent or artistic capability beyond yelling and wearing outfits made by other people, I will acknowledge it! :vegas:

Let's see what happens.

weed

I noticed it but I didn't think any further of it, the winner of Drag Race: Sweden never lip synced on the show a single time. Never in the bottom, and the tops did not have to lip sync for the crown. It was announced 3rd place and then the winner. First ever on all franchises! Very interesting. I kind of liked it lol 

bionic
On 4/24/2023 at 8:13 PM, weed said:

I noticed it but I didn't think any further of it, the winner of Drag Race: Sweden never lip synced on the show a single time. Never in the bottom, and the tops did not have to lip sync for the crown. It was announced 3rd place and then the winner. First ever on all franchises! Very interesting. I kind of liked it lol 

I haven't watched it but I'm not sure I like that. I like the final top2 lipsync even as a formality. BUT that said, I think it should be made clear that the final top2 lipsync is just a formality rather than a last chance to snatch the crown (which 99% of time it is not)

That said, I'd take anything over the lip sync for the crown smackdown that peaked on s9 when it was introduced lmao

buy bionic

The Fame Monster

I wonder if they will bring back the lip sync assassins this season or if they will go back to having the top 2 contestants compete for the win. It would also be interesting to have a new method for selecting the challenge winner this season.

Hopefully there won’t be unfair eliminations this season. :toofunny:

Find your freedom in the music

bionic
1 hour ago, The Fame Monster said:

I wonder if they will bring back the lip sync assassins this season or if they will go back to having the top 2 contestants compete for the win. It would also be interesting to have a new method for selecting the challenge winner this season.

Hopefully there won’t be unfair eliminations this season. :toofunny:

Spoiler

its assassin format

buy bionic

AndiGaga
29 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

I feel like top 4 is gonna be:

Jimbo

Heidi

Kandy

Darienne

I have no idea but that sounds like a worthy top 4

Replace Kandy with Jessica & i'm happyyy

Gardevoir
On 4/24/2023 at 9:13 PM, weed said:

Bianca didn’t lip sync too.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Adrenaliner
24 minutes ago, The Powerpuff Girl said:

Bianca didn’t lip sync too.

She did, top 4 lip-sync.

Gardevoir
31 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

She did, top 4 lip-sync.

Ah, okay.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Ziggy
On 4/24/2023 at 11:03 AM, Ultimecia said:

I don't get all the Kandy Muse hate at all, honestly. :fthis:

Was I frustrated like everyone else when she got saved out of nowhere by Ru? Sure, but where is all that hatred coming from?

I love her fashion, and I think she's really funny, sweet and badass.

I really hope this season will flip the fanbase's opinion of her like AS6 did for Silky. :heart:

And they hated her before the save. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that she’s loud af and not trying to aspire to a certain idea of feminine. She talks rough, laughs loud, and rather than be like yay her people constantly drag her diction and stuff it’s so weird and sad

Ziggy
On 4/24/2023 at 12:28 PM, Stephen said:

I respond to queens who are natural performers and artists. They have a very clear gift in some form or another whether that be lip sync and bombastic stage presence (Sasha Colby), comedy (Bianca, Bob), singing / acting (Jinkx), dancing (Alyssa, Coco), an artistic vision for fashion or makeup (Raja, Kim Chi) etc. Some great queens have several many talents and are harder to categorize (Manila, Alaska, Shea, etc). 

What I can't stand is when a person has no discernable talent except being a loud mouth in a wig. The only time I somewhat enjoyed Kandy was in the roast, I'll give that to her. For that whole season everything else she did was underwhelming but because she's loud and confrontational, it makes for good TV, so of course they will keep her. 

Now, for All Stars she will undoubtedly have $$$ for expensive runways that I'm sure will look amazing, designed and made by other people. That doesn't impress me. A queen's original season is more telling in the way it reveals their taste - what can you do with no money? What is the taste level and the creativity level? We saw how that turned out.

I'm open to her changing my mind! If she shows some genuine talent or artistic capability beyond yelling and wearing outfits made by other people, I will acknowledge it! :vegas:

Let's see what happens.

This is super mean like wtf.

it judges their taste level? Girl you have no idea how hard it is getting stuff together for this show and it shows glaringly. Work alongside any one of these queens for a day and you’ll see how hard it is to make **** happen, money or not.

Oh them commissioning looks doesn’t impress you? Please check the attitude, for real. It makes drag a lot less fun when you bring in such negativity and elitism to what’s meant to be an expressive art form. Sure, the show corrupts that to an extent (lol) but the matter still stands that you’re really taking time to come in here and say someone has no discernible talent, is annoying, no taste, and lacking creativity. A loud mouth in a wig. That’s just plain mean. No critique, no clever shade, just mean. If you love this art, you’ll show a little more compassion for those practicing it.

don’t gotta love kandy, but at the very least don’t come in being mean as sin without prompting, dang.

Ladle Ghoulash
On 4/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, Stephen said:

Let's see what happens.

Well said!

Archived