Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Harry Potter reboot in works at HBO

Robo Ga

Featured Posts

Catnikko
8 hours ago, Ricardo said:

finally, 

out of curiosity, I read again the whole series and then watched the movies and damn they're awful, they left so many plot holes and did dirty to so many characters, not to mention the awful acting 

so I believe this is a great, I'd watch it 

Yeah towards the end they really cut out so many good parts of the story only to add in some random made up scenes (Im looking at you half blood prince) and it really pissed me off so I'm soo here for this.

Dancing in the shadow of the meow

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River
7 minutes ago, catsounds said:

Yeah towards the end they really cut out so many good parts of the story only to add in some random made up scenes (Im looking at you half blood prince) and it really pissed me off so I'm soo here for this.

or f-cking Nigel, who tf is Nigel

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Pablo

I don't get it, but I guess all fans will consume it. 

Don't visit my profile

SpadesToStart

There should be a moratorium on reboots until the original work is at least 30 years old.

LaFama

I mean we all know some kind of remake/reboot was bound to happen at some point, but I never thought it'd be this soon :wtfga:

I'm kinda curious ngl, the world building in the books was so extense and as they got longer the movies started to lack details. I remember being so excited for Order of The Phoenix, which was my favorite book, only to find they butchered it, like the Ministry break in was an adventure itself and they ignored most of it. 

I'm sure HBO has the budget to make something big and they won't miss the chance to keep miliking the franchise. I’d be worried if this was Netflix lmao. Worst case scenario, the series flops, is cancelled, later removed from the platform and it's like it never existed. 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Lukas96

yeah, I'm not giving my money to a TERF... Let's stream it illegally at movie nights when it comes out

DontDoubtDavid
12 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

Should be animated

100% agree. I feel they could do so much more if it was.

ModernEcstasy

To those complaining that this is “too soon”. 
The Philosopher’s Stone came out 22 years ago! By the time that the series begins, the movie will be around 24/25 years old!

assuming they will release a season each year, this won’t be finished for another 7 years after that. Calm down!

elijahfan
20 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

To those complaining that this is “too soon”. 
The Philosopher’s Stone came out 22 years ago! By the time that the series begins, the movie will be around 24/25 years old!

assuming they will release a season each year, this won’t be finished for another 7 years after that. Calm down!

You can't deny the franchise is still very much alive in the minds of current generations... I don't think it necessarily needed a reboot, the same way a reboot of Lord of the Rings would feel out of place.

That being said, it's also widely believed that the series format would be a very good fit for the Harry Potter franchise. I'm honestly curious to see what they'll do with it, the very first question being: will they change the entire artistic direction... I have my doubts about that, since they've spent 25 years building a strong and enduring visual identity. My bet is this will be more of an extension of the films than a complete redesign from top to bottom.

ModernEcstasy
8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

You can't deny the franchise is still very much alive in the minds of current generations... I don't think it necessarily needed a reboot, the same way a reboot of Lord of the Rings would feel out of place.

That being said, it's also widely believed that the series format would be a very good fit for the Harry Potter franchise. I'm honestly curious to see what they'll do with it, the very first question being: will they change the entire artistic direction... I have my doubts about that, since they've spent 25 years building a strong and enduring visual identity. My bet is this will be more of an extension of the films than a complete redesign from top to bottom.

Absolutely agree. But I wouldn’t call this a “reboot”. It’s a TV series, which hasn’t been done yet  

I also think that a show would be more fitting for the HP universe. I have faith that HBO will give the books justice. I love the movies, but they just don’t come close to the story/ world that the books build. 

I grew up with Harry Potter and I’m personally here for more content. I just can’t get enough. 

Can we have a TV series about like another timeline, another school, etc?
The movies still hold up and are still recent...

anything to do with harry potter universe, I will be watching obvi.. as long as the cast matches the book, I'm good. i hope it will become a tv series with high budget. 

Archived