There will not be American Music Awards this year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheSine
20 hours ago, Zedd said:

I wish they cancelled all of these award shows - AMA, VMAs, MTV something, Oscars, etc.

At least wait until I get one! 

🖤TheSine🖤

chromaticainmyhead

tbh as much as I understand questioning the necessity of these shows, they are still contributing to the industry and the public. It's important to have them to kind of inform the public about new music and what is currently trendy. It sounds cheesy but I feel like people are too quick to jump on the hate train with this kind of shows that are serving a sense of consistency and culture with familiar faces that it is an underestimated damage if these shows ger cancelled completely... but I agree that they need to be updated and maybe bring them to a streaming service instead

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Jewels n Drugs

i thot the bbmas were in may and the amas in nov :laughga:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Economy

Tbh I think a few need to go anyway. The public isn't as interested in them as they used to be an there's too many of them now for any of them to get proper due attention. I think they need to consolidate into just a few

Tbh I think we'd be fine with just the Grammys for critical purposes and that's slightly more formal and maybe 1 more casual popularity award show MTV style like their VMAs (that way music videos also get attention). And I think that's it

If we had just a couple I think they would shine a little bit more despite the decline in interest and be more major moments in music but the public does not care to keep up with so many because they aren't as big of an event as they used to be and in the end none end up getting a lot of attention 

Archived