Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦

bionic

Featured Posts

Okinawa
6 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

It's always been announced like that tho', the reason to spend more time on jury votes than televote is just because it gets more interesting than doing it in reverse.

What you write applies to 2022 and before ESC shows. It does not apply to this year's ESC because there was no jury voting during the semi-finals, therefore the jury votes were unknown and could not have been statistically modelled in advance. (Also the jury should not be allowed to tell in advance who they intend to vote for.)

Mathematically, it neither gets any more interesting nor any less interesting if they announce the jury votes first or vice versa, as long as both account for 50% and they do account for 50%.:shrug: They could have as well started with the public vote, it wouldn't have been clear whether Finland or Sweden wins until the very end under this scenario, too.

5 hours ago, Admin said:

I meant that 99.99% of the people are not going to go to the Eurovision website after the show and see that not a single country gave Sweden 12 points.

I would even not know that not a single country gave Sweden 12 points if I didn't read this topic. :wtfga: It's not in the big news. I tried to google the country public vote results in a list/table but to no avail.

Does anyone can provide me please a link with the country public votes, not just the total results but for each country spefic???:wub:  I can't find them.  Source can be in English, or any Germanic or Romance language.

Also about Loreen:

I think there's one more problem about her victory we haven't adressed yet. It has been proven in education studies that school teachers, when they get a new class with pupils, that they orientate themselves at the past grades of the pupils. This is called past merits achievements bonus. For example, if a school child has been very good in Geography in the school years before, the school child will more likely get a very good grade again, even if this school child is objectively not as good anymore in the new school year. (The historic grades are stored electronically at the school, they can see them and access them). And this isn't fair :laughga:

Furthermore if a school child has been very bad, in let's say German, that school child will more likely get a bad grade again even if it invests more time in learning and objectively becomes better because the school teachers is judging the kids on their past merits. And the jury somehow is like school teachers. They were aware of Loreen being a past winner. They had a positive impression of her before. Loreen has the past merits achievement bonus advantage. This means, she most likely got more points than she would have gotten if she had not have won the ESC before or reached a Top 5 position. I'm not saying that Loreens victory is totally unfair b/c ultimately nothing in life is fair and other countries had the chance to behave the same as Sweden did but she had a starting bonus that ultimately led her to victory.

You know, as I've written before, when I looked at her face, I think she was aware of this bonus and felt not comfortable about this herself, like she has a somehwat bad conscience, her facial expressions were different from others and past winners, more reserved. I think she just wanted to grace Sweden with a top 5 position but she didn't want the total #1 spotlight because she felt it should be for a newcomer. At least, that's my impression.

Edited by LoliLux
~We are Reel Cool~

mamo
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Stream the real winner:

keep crying. i love it. it gives me that buzz. :vegas:

loreen still won and nothing will change that but it's not too late for you to acquire some good taste! i have faith in you admin. :billie:

you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sandrology said:

I think it opens up the Discussion again, to introduce Eurovisions original voting procedure via televote only. It has a sour taste that a a song contest, where People from europe and around the world should come together to celebrate music are angry at the end of the night, while the "democratic winner" lost, due to heavy favoritism in the juries. 18 times 12 Points for Loreen from the Juries while no Televote gave her the same amount of points, sounds just not right. 

As I'm myself am impressed by Loreen as an Artist, as well as the performance of her and the stageing, the song is lacking alot of quality in my Opinion. A question i asked myself yesterday: If it wasn't the "Name" Loreen that would stand behind this performance and Song, would it even be considered that much of a winner?

These so called juries should consider originality as well. it's a shame that countries like Croatia and Germany that fall out of the ESC-formular, don't get praised for daring to be different and therefore get nearly no Points from the Juries, while others get them easily for staying in the ESC-lane.

I feel you and like the point on originality. I will say the juries generally are a good check baseline for quality. They’re not perfect and in some parts of Europe, some of them just politically point score (Eastern Europe/West Asia was were last years jury fraud happened).

Though in my opinion, Poland should not have scored more televotes than Austria, Australia and France.

Dutch
27 minutes ago, bionic said:

ur fave won and yet u still posting twice in a row about how mad everyone else is? its giving sore winner

Y’all are just sore losers. Keep crying ma’am.

• Like 1

Juanlittlem
7 minutes ago, LoliLux said:

What you write applies to 2022 and before ESC shows. It does not apply to this year's ESC because there was no jury voting during the semi-finals, therefore the jury votes were unknown and could not have been statistically modelled in advance. (Also the jury should not be allowed to tell in advance who they intend to vote for.)

Have you seen Eurovision before? :deadbanana: Even if we have juries on the semis we do not know who they voted for until after the grand final nor they announce the qualifiers in order.

They just decided televote to have 100% power on the semis this year and that's it.

10 minutes ago, LoliLux said:

They could have as well started with the public vote, it wouldn't have been clear whether Finland or Sweden wins

Its not only that, because as I said, jury votes happen the day before the actual show, therefore you'll have to drag it out for longer to get televote results first.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Juanlittlem
16 minutes ago, LoliLux said:

Does anyone can provide me please a link with the country public votes, not just the total results but for each country spefic???:wub:  I can't find them.  Source can be in English, or any Germanic or Romance language.

https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2023

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Stream the real winner:

Not administration spreading hate towards actual winner, that said a lot about GagaDaily, very sad :fail:

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

A bisexual queen of colour won Eurovision twice. Of course gays will be mad. 

Exactly, Loreen is amazing, even @Admin here spreading hate towards her, GagaDaily is toxic!

• Like 4

bionic
57 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Y’all are just sore losers. Keep crying ma’am.

Yes we are sore losers but come this time next year we won’t care anymore. Loreen will always have her trophy so why take it personally 

buy bionic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

A bisexual queen of colour won Eurovision twice. Of course gays will be mad. 

I was happy Loreen won and rooted for her and Kaarija, to be honest it’s just a fun show. But I think we‘re letting emotions get ahead of that and making odd identity statements like this.

Loreen winning was controversial months ago because people feel jaded by a winner returning, especially one with a huge name and impact.  

Let’s be fair, her identity has very little to do with this. In my experience, “gays” normally root for someone like Loreen over a straight, white male. 

• Like 1

Okinawa
1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

Have you seen Eurovision before? :deadbanana:

Yes, I've been watching it each year ever since elementary school. Thanks! I didn't know that.

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Did I already post about how mad everybody is?

Well, it's not without reason, isn't it?

sometimes there are worlds between jury votes and public votes within the same country:

German jury gave Finland 0 points. German jury gave Sweden 12 points.

German public gave Finland 12 points. German public gave Sweden 1 point.

German public: 84,548,623 inhabitants

German jury: 5 persons.

Each jury member has as much weight as 16,8 million German inhabitants.

https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2023#germany

United Kingdom: 65 million inhabitants, 12 points from public to Finland, 0 points from Jury to Finland. British jury gave Sweden 12 points, the public 5.

Edited by LoliLux
~We are Reel Cool~

MelbHawker
12 hours ago, Phantomhive said:

Found myself rooting for Finland even though I was a bit hesitant because it was by a male singer

What do you have against male singers? :toofunny:

Dutch
27 minutes ago, bionic said:

Yes we are sore losers but come this time next year we won’t care anymore. Loreen will always have her trophy so why take it personally 

You were the one coming for me. I didn’t quote or name anybody specifically, that was you, come on now. Don’t act like I made it personal darling. 

Edited by Dutch

• River unpinned this topic