đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I want Gaga to stop giving a f*ck

AURAOFSHEISSE

Featured Posts

AURAOFSHEISSE
8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Outside of Aura, ARTPOP wasn’t experimental though.  It sounded the same as most pop/dance records coming out around the early 10’s.  If anything, it sounded pretty dated on release.

Never said it was:oops: I was just pointing out that myself and the rest of the fan base see ARTPOP as the major turning point in Gaga’s career

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AURAOFSHEISSE
10 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

I simply disagree entirely lol. 

Elaborate

RenegAde

I completely disagree with this and i think yall overrate how experimental ARTPOP is. If anything  her music evolved since ARTPOP, she's done jazz and country and folk etc. Joanne and asib are so different from her first four albums in terms of genre, style and even vocals. 

Non of those artist you listed has had half as much of a world wide recognised transformation like gaga had post ARTPOP and it is boardline annoying that your posts fails acknowledge that when we all watched it happen and watched the entire world recognise it .

Just because she hasn't delved into a genre you'd like or something stan twitter deems "cool" doesn't mean she hasn't evolved .

Benji
7 minutes ago, AURAOFSHEISSE said:

Never said it was:oops: I was just pointing out that myself and the rest of the fan base see ARTPOP as the major turning point in Gaga’s career

I think we all see it as some form of turning point… for better or worse :ladyhaha:

To me, Gaga was taking huge risks TF - BTW and then ARTPOP was her first “safe” album chasing after sounds that already existed (literally buying already made instrumentals) and was a stumbling part in her discography.  Saying f*ck it and making a country album, a jazz album and then being one of the first pop artists to really create a 90’s dance album in 2020 were bigger risks than ARTPOP.

M i K E Y

I get what you mean. I think she brought it back with TCB which initiates she never lost it. As much as I miss this 2009-13 Gaga fierceness we also shouldn’t forget that she matured (in a good way).

Am I or are you the same person you were 10 years ago?
The GP started to appreciate her when she was showing her “no-makeup-style” and she gets praised every time she does. She was finally recognized for her talent and it still shows her versatility. Knowing how much in pain she was back in those days, I’m glad she made it still and I hope to be able to follow her artistic journey many more years.

NATAH
16 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Have y’all not heard Joanne? She really don’t give af and will slap anything onto an album. :ladyhaha:

honestly this, everything she's done she has done it because she wanted to

gaga has never given a f*ck and still doesn't, she continues to do the absolute opposite of what ppl expect because she does what she wants

any other artist would have a music video out for Bloody Mary by now but miss Folie A DooDoo is comfortable doing her own thing!

mother, what must i do?

the fame is her safest most generic album so i dont know what you're talking about
(still great tho, love it, but there's a reason it's the one with the most hits)

NATAH
Just now, Tobcho said:

the fame is her safest most generic album so i dont know what you're talking about

at the time of release, it was not a safe and generic album tho

mother, what must i do?

Benji
Just now, NATAH said:

at the time of release, it was not a safe and generic album tho

This

That sound became “generic” because everyone after it wanted their Just Dance / PokerFace song.  Gaga and RedOne made that sound popular.

I totally agree with you. It’s ironic that she often sings about freedom but her music hasn’t actually sounded “free” since ARTPOP. 

There are pros and cons though. Although she took a step back from being a fearless musician, doing so helped her make a name for herself as a classic ballad singer, jazz musician, and an acclaimed actress. 

At this point though, I’d love to see her find her fearlessness again. I want her to push the envelope musically and artistically. Redefine what’s cool. 

Her post-ARTPOP career is usually thought of as this long journey to prove x, y and z to the GP. At this point, that narrative is tiring. ARTPOP was 10 years ago. She’s earned her respect. I just want her to be herself and to release good, forward-thinking music without giving a **** about charts, critics, or even fans lol

RenegAde
13 minutes ago, Benji said:

Saying f*ck it and making a country album, a jazz album and then being one of the first pop artists to really create a 90’s dance album in 2020 were bigger risks than ARTPOP.

Thank you!, everyone was chasing trap beats and hip pop features in 2016 and Gaga dropped Joanne. And that's not considered "daring" enough i guess 

AURAOFSHEISSE
3 minutes ago, Nycboy said:

Her post-ARTPOP career is usually thought of as this long journey to prove x, y and z to the GP. At this point, that narrative is tiring. ARTPOP was 10 years ago. She’s earned her respect. I just want her to be herself and to release good, forward-thinking music without giving a **** about charts, critics, or even fans lol

Exactly what I mean

RenegAde

Where are the ARTPOP haters?, I'm really waiting for one you to write a thesis about how truly basic ARTPOP is sonically so i can "yas" react it :franminervini:

Schwerk

Miley Cyrus for example seems to be a bit more carefree and relaxed about everything and just goes for it. I wish Gaga would come across like that more often. Gaga seems to overthink things a lot, she's more of a perfectionist, dramatic and a more insecure in a way, it's hard to put into words. But all this is what makes her such a captivating performer and why I love her, so I don't want her to change at all. But if she did, it might result into new creative ideas and expressions that are very genuine and out there.

I have always found her interludes so personal, powerful and poetic compared to a lot of commercial visuals she creates, even music video's of late.

Most of them contain elements the GP doesn't understand or find upsetting, so she keeps it for her fellow 'freaks' in the safe space that is her concerts.

I wish the two worlds would blend a bit more. It's almost as if the GP forgets how complex Gaga really is.

Musically I hope she keeps surrounding herself with people that are not focused on making a hit, but just about letting the music flow.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

AURAOFSHEISSE
6 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Thank you!, everyone was chasing trap beats and hip pop features in 2016 and Gaga dropped Joanne. And that's not considered "daring" enough i guess 

Joanne is very mid :laughga:evolving includes improving as well sis 

Archived