💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Azealia Banks for DAZED Magazine (Spring 2023)

phantasmas

Featured Posts

phantasmas

“It’s been over a decade since Azealia Banks blew up as the most provocative rapper of her generation. But her unfiltered approach to fame revealed hypocrisies on both sides of the argument. Can the Harlem-born rapper ever outrun the past?”

FrG6G4baUAEH6HJ?format=jpg&name=large

“For Azealia Banks, the rules have never seemed to apply. It's an energy that's created critically-acclaimed, category-defining music, but not without controversy. In our spring 2023 issue, the polarising rapper returns to Dazed.”

Read more here: https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/58394/1/whos-afraid-of-azealia-banks-interview

Snapchat: @phantasmas

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine

Her face looks strange on the cover, maybe due to retouching, but the photos in general are beautiful. 

I skimmed the article, I don't really think it's saying anything new. :rip:

phantasmas
27 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Her face looks strange on the cover, maybe due to retouching, but the photos in general are beautiful. 

I skimmed the article, I don't really think it's saying anything new. :rip:

yeah, if you’re already a fan then there wasn’t really anything new here. it seemed more like a quick recap of her career.

i did like this part tho about how a lot of people focus more on her language than her actual arguments: 

“It’s just like, the audacity of these white millennials who are maybe one or two generations removed from a grandparent who would have had me hung from a tree for drinking out of the wrong water fountain,” she says. “The nerve of you to call me a bigot because I am making use of the language that I have been made to assimilate into.”

“It’s true that she has said some deeply regrettable things – her occasional transphobic remarks have been particularly jarring – many of which she has apologized for. Neither she, nor her fans, are unaware of these missteps. It’s equally true that tabloids have often elided her queerness when describing instances in which she has been ‘homophobic’. And there’s a failure to acknowledge the ways in which the ballroom scene, where shade is the lingua franca, has inflected both her sound and how she wields language to read other queer people.”

Snapchat: @phantasmas

elijahfan

Not them trying to pass her being a terrible person as « shade »……

Also not sure what’s warranting a whole cover story here.

RAMROD

Hope she can get it right this time. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

alsemanche

Love how we still give transphobes a platform and how queer people (mostly gay men, let's be real here) will still cheer for them just because they release 'bops' :awkney: Trash.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Moderator locked this topic

Archived