Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

P!nk - TRUSTFALL

Teletubby

Featured Posts

BloodyM
On 2/16/2023 at 1:06 PM, numb the flame said:

Sounding better than Hurts 2B Human did based off the snippets on Apple Music, however, it's still in the same realm as Beautiful Trauma & Hurts 2B Human. Imo, she started to bring this more radio friendly, non-offensive pop sound to the forefront of her music in 2010 with Raise Your Glass & F*ckin' Perfect but those two singles and The Truth About Love had that idgaf edge that she had in her albums from 2002-2008 that she's known for.

Everything she's released from What About Us in 2018 to this present day she's lost that idgaf edge in her music, whether it's due to her being a mother or her just maturing in general. This non-offensive sound isn't what people think of when they think of P!NK. I'm not saying that she can't change her sound, however, its dividing critics and fans alike. 

I'm a huge P!nk fan and I have to agree. She did say that after having kids she calmed down, her marriage is stable, so she can't write song in the same way as she used to. Plus she is no longer who she once was and that is reflected in the music. I didn't like H2BH at all, however this one has some good tunes. Our Song is beautiful. I said this in another thread but if that was an Adele song, it would be nr 1 for weeks! I feel like she does the 'pop' songs to please her record label, I don't feel like her heart is there anymore.

StrawberryBlond

I liked When I Get There, Trustfall, Turbulence and Lost Cause. But the rest was mediocre or just under-par. It disappoints me that she seems to be focused on continuing to make the same bland album over and over again since Beautiful Trauma. I don't feel like synthpop is truly her and there's absolutely no bite to her music like there used to be. I don't know how an artist who can do aerial acrobatics, which must give her an amazing rush, would be ok with making such bland, forgettable music when that's the opposite of what she used to do. She even said she thinks this is her best album. She's written way more emotional and stirring music years ago, the stuff that's her most acclaimed, so I'm bewildered as to why she thinks this is on that level. I get it, she's older now and wants to make a more mature sound but you can do that while still making interesting music. We've seen Gaga, Beyonce, Madonna, etc. make uptempo, interesting and/or experimental music when they matured and/or had children. Of all artists to mellow when they got older, I didn't think it would be Pink.

By the way, does the chorus of Turbulence remind anyone of Gypsy's bridge? It's almost like she realised this so that's why she changed key when she sang "I'm permanent." Regardless, it's one of the better songs on the album.

Archived