Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna old fatphobic comments resurfaced

Dojo

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, Thoth said:

You really have no idea what ageism is. People praise those people by saying "they're aging greacefully". Because that's what expected from old people. That's what ageism is.

This this this.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
On 2/8/2023 at 11:20 PM, ssslyboy said:

Madonna really benefited from being pre-internet, pre-Twitter, etc when she was at her peak.  Anyone making a comment like that today would be immediately cancelled.

Not defending her or anything but we are living in a world everyone is cancelled online every two days over everything and nothing that we can't even remember who is cancelled or for which reason exactly.

Honestly I really doubt anyone outside the pop stans social medias sphere actually care about what Madonna think about overweight people. There's far more serious things in this world for anyone to care about than what a pop star think about anything. 

ssslyboy
20 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Not defending her or anything but we are living in a world everyone is cancelled online every two days over everything and nothing that we can't even remember who is cancelled or for which reason exactly.

Honestly I really doubt anyone outside the pop stans social medias sphere actually care about what Madonna think about overweight people. There's far more serious things in this world for anyone to care about than what a pop star think about anything. 

I generally oppose cancel culture.  But my point stands: if one of the biggest pop stars in the world, let's say Taylor Swift for example, said this same thing now, general public absolutely would notice and the trajectory of Taylor's career would be forever changed.  This isn't Madonna's thoughts about overweight people in general; it's her thoughts about her own fans.  She pretty much despises them, and she wouldn't get away with being so vocal about it this day and age.

Archived