💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

NYT: Grammy's relevance depends on Beyoncé winning AOTY

Dojo

Featured Posts

elijahfan

Unfortunately award shows have always been that way and often fail to recognize artists at the appropriate moment. Just think that Alfred Hitchcock has never won a competitive best director Oscar, and neither has Kubrick. Then there are the Kate Winslet or Leonardo DiCaprio cases, when they finally give them the prize for movies everybody forgot, only because "it was about time".

I honestly think we shouldn't take these things too seriously. Beyoncé has won 28 Grammies through her career, others have won 0. Let's not act like the Academy hasn't been generous to her before and her not getting AOTY this year would be a world shattering upset.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I agree with this headline. What does Beyonce have to do to be recognized in that category?!?! Lemonade deserved AOTY, and so does Renaissance. If the Grammys dont get it right this time... I fear for their safety.

3 hours ago, Dojo said:

this ain't about impact or popularity, is about quality and RENAISSANCE's production and engineering is flawless from start to finish

In that case, the album’s executive producer should win Producer of the year. 

1 minute ago, Meat said:

is that a category?

Mister G

They won’t give it to Queen Bey. She got snubbed for Lemonade and likely again for Renaissance. No offense to Adele stans, but the Grammy’s have always been obsessed with giving her all the big wins starting back with 21. And we’re likely seeing them being pit against each other again like they did in 2017 when it was Lemonade VS. 25 for AOTY. I was not a fan of Renaissance collectively, I did appreciate a few tracks, but I still think it’s time they give Beyonce proper recognition.

CannaeDrive

The constant and obvious gaslighting by the media about this person is getting ridiculous TBMFH. 

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Thomas P

I think Renaissance deserves the win, personal bias upfront, it’s grown to become my favourite album, tied with Lemonade, but this article is hilarious. 

The Grammy’s relevance doesn’t exist anymore, hasn’t since LL Cool J stopped hosting. It’s just a fun little silly award show with some amazing performances that I like to tune into every year as more of a joke than anything else anymore. 

EDIT: Also, Beyoncé is fine, she’ll be passing 30 WINS this Sunday, whether she wins AOTY or not lmao. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Meat said:

You’re correct. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Anderson123
1 hour ago, Meat said:

1 hour ago, Dojo said:

is that a category?

There is a Producer of the Year Non Classical category but also the producer wins if an album gets a Grammy (Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album, etc). DJWS has a Grammy for A Star Is Born winning Best Compilation Soundtrack for example, along with Hillary Lindsay, Mark Ronson etc all of the people involved in it.

Monstermilo

this is why i could never stan beyonce 

her fans and the media try to make her out to be some sort of goddess of music when we know shes just a singer who has ppl write songs for her, her music is nowhere near as revolutionary as ppl try to make it out to be. "the grammys depend on her getting AOTY"? as if shes not already the most decorated female artist at the grammys and has been given grammys plenty of times when she didnt deserve it LOL 

theres been rumors of her label paying or bribing grammy voters and every time **** like this is released i believe it more and more. 

Roughhouse Dandy
33 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

this is why i could never stan beyonce 

her fans and the media try to make her out to be some sort of goddess of music when we know shes just a singer who has ppl write songs for her, her music is nowhere near as revolutionary as ppl try to make it out to be. "the grammys depend on her getting AOTY"? as if shes not already the most decorated female artist at the grammys and has been given grammys plenty of times when she didnt deserve it LOL 

theres been rumors of her label paying or bribing grammy voters and every time **** like this is released i believe it more and more. 

"Just a singer"?

"Didn't deserve it"?

to you your opinion GIF

I swear if someone like Ava Max released Renaissance she'd be hailed as the new queen of music on here and if Beyoncé released Diamonds and Dancefloors y'all would crucify her. 

(Ofc you're entitled to your opinion and the spiciness in this post is more about the situation and not specifically directed towards you. It's all love, bb 💜)

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Monstermilo
3 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

"Just a singer"?

"Didn't deserve it"?

to you your opinion GIF

I swear if someone like Ava Max released Renaissance she'd be hailed as the new queen of music on here and if Beyoncé released Diamonds and Dancefloors y'all would crucify her. 

(Ofc you're entitled to your opinion and the spiciness in this post is more about the situation and not specifically directed towards you. It's all love, bb 💜)

i didnt really like renaissance tbh and ive listened to it 5 times over 

i just like beyonces older work more, especially lemonade and i love her songs like love on top 

i dont follow ava, and i dont think shes anywhere near beyonces level of relevance or talent

Roughhouse Dandy
5 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

i didnt really like renaissance tbh and ive listened to it 5 times over 

i just like beyonces older work more, especially lemonade and i love her songs like love on top 

i dont follow ava, and i dont think shes anywhere near beyonces level of relevance or talent

I feel you. Different strokes for different folks. And no hate to Ava meant either. It's not to my taste but she's doin her thing; I mention her just because the difference in tone between the threads about her album and Renaissance's is ️wild

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Archived