đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

5 grammy voters reveal their picks

Dojo

Featured Posts

PartySick
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Those are successful! But let’s be totally honest they did not build hype the same way Beyoncé does. She’s a master marketer. Thats what I mean, the same as Gaga was with BTW. It’s not about the pure numbers or sales it’s about the perception of an event that I’m talking about. No one and I mean no one is doing that like Beyoncé is these days. She makes her albums feel like cultural moments to listen to like how people felt they NEEDED to see marvel films like 8 years back. If we suppose these awards are all about marketing and the business is about entertaining, Beyoncé and her team have done a great job at making her album rollouts and experience to be had and shared with since self-titled. Adele absolutely hasn’t done that and Taylor swift hasn’t too consciously done it either. That’s okay! It isn’t their bag. It was very much Gaga’s bag. The thing is, though, when it comes to drumming up fervent support for someone “deserving” a reward…you’re only going to do that by making it feel like nothing but your work mattered that year which even before release Renaissance did.

im not dissing these artists, I’m explaining that from a marketing angle, no one is giving it the care that Parkwood is and that’s honestly bc I don’t think they could atm. Beyoncé is able to do this cashing in on a caché of fan good will and general performance excellence from over 20 years in the highest echelon of the public eye. That doesn’t necessarily mean her albums are rated better or that she is better, but it means that she can experiment wildly with her releases bc she is probably the most seasoned veteran major pop act who’s relevant today. So she can say she’s the queen and it isn’t out of the realm of belief when she also has incredible talent to back it up.

Adele can’t drum up that cultural hype. Taylor Swift can’t. Gaga can’t really anymore. No one can but Beyoncé bc outside of her you don’t market music that way anymore and the only reason she’s the exception is bc she has been in this for so long and *now especially* her music is also getting immense critical acclaim.

so it’s a combination of the music quality up-leveling significantly and then immersive marketing that only someone in her position can do that makes her feel like THAT girl to people. It’s brilliant marketing bc it’s the one thing no one can replicate. In other words, she is probably one of the few artists who you can say has REALLY carved out her own lane that isn’t deeply chart reliant. And for that, fans think an AOTY is not only warranted since the music is of a higher caliber, but deserved bc she has been positioned as though no one is doing it like her which in certain respects they aren’t.

I can agree that all these ladies make their albums cultural moments but I think Taylor's the best at marketing here.

Following none of them leaves me with a GP perspective on all of them.

When Beyonce dropped, I heard Break My Soul on the radio for a couple weeks and then Pure / Honey at my Lil Nas X concert. But that's it :deadbanana:

I STILL can't escape Taylor Swift, no matter how hard I try. She's freaking everywhere all the time. Her music is always on the radio, she's always popping up in ads, and she's always talked about, both online (like here or Twitter) and even in person :rip:

As for Adele...I mean, her songs get played religiously but they're easily digestible ballads so that's not surprising.

However, I do agree that Beyonce has "carved her own lane". She seems very above all the noise and will probably be around for as long as she likes regardless of awards or sales. In that regard, it is very "there's Beyonce and there's everybody else".

đź–¤

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile

music stans being mad at these lol 

you even see personal attacks towards actors and no mention of their performances from some anonymous Oscar voters... this is nothing

Archived