Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga wearing a burqa backstage in Vancouver

JPM

Featured Posts

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amen Fashion

There's no way that Interscope would let her release BURQA as a lead single tho.....

They wanted her to release Judas during Eastern tho :sick:

Well with this bolded statement you said everything. It doesn't matter if one is muslim or not, born in muslim family or country can be as ignorant of his religion as any other christian or jew. The truth is that islamic sacred texts are both Qur'an and sunnah-hadiths, and muslims wouldn't know how to pray or pay charity or make pilgrimage if they would take latter one off.

Who are you to say I'm ignorant in my religion? What's between me and god has nothing to do with you and you have no right to judge. If I respect people that wear burqas how does that make me ignorant? I eat pork, drink alcohol, nobody in my family wears a headscarf and we are not homophobic but we all respect everyones way of practising their religion. I obviously know what I'm doing and as long as I'm not harming myself or anyone else I'm still muslim, this is my way of pracrising my religion. You obviously know a lot about religion, sadly you don't know anything about respecting other peoples beliefs.

No one really cared when MIA did it in her bad girls video..

MIA's intent was known though. iirc, the video was about how women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

We have no idea what Gaga's purpose is though. Does she just think it looks nice, or is there a statement behind it? If so, what?

I just think it looks beautiful, I do not care about religious stuff, but only as a piece of fashion, I think Gaga looks adorable in it. xD

This thread is such a mess. It's a ****storm here in her own fan site. Imagine burqa being a single. It'd be even worse than judas.

No one really cared when MIA did it in her bad girls video..

Yeah but no one really cared when ginger people were rounded up and killed in the BORN FREE video :toofunny:

They wanted her to release Judas during Eastern tho :sick:

yeah but north america is kind of 'used' to that sorta stuff. If burqa was a lead single people in NA and other mostly christian regions would be confused and muslim people could be offended even if it's not offensive.

and judas was sort of a flop... and interscope hopefully learned their lesson bahahaha

MIA's intent was known though. iirc, the video was about how women aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

We have no idea what Gaga's purpose is though. Does she just think it looks nice, or is there a statement behind it? If so, what?

As far as we know, I think she just wears it because it's really high fashion/it looks nice.

3 points in and ready for more

As far as we know, I think she just wears it because it's really high fashion/it looks nice.

Personally I hope that's the reason. Wearing a Burqa could by itself stir up controversy, which I would be fine with because it isn't like Gaga's intentions are bad, but a statement could be misconstrued.

i'm starting to believe burqa could be the lead single. Like, before Y&I was officially announced as a single, gaga had made it obvious that it would be the next single. And it was obvious ARTPOP would be the album title before it was actually announced due to the obvious hints. it could be the same thing right now. why wouldn't she wear Burqas/Niqabs if/when she releases Burqa as a single? Why now? why would she wear these for another single, when she has a song called Burqa?

Who are you to say I'm ignorant in my religion? What's between me and god has nothing to do with you and you have no right to judge. If I respect people that wear burqas how does that make me ignorant? I eat pork, drink alcohol, nobody in my family wears a headscarf and we are not homophobic but we all respect everyones way of practising their religion. I obviously know what I'm doing and as long as I'm not harming myself or anyone else I'm still muslim, this is my way of pracrising my religion. You obviously know a lot about religion, sadly you don't know anything about respecting other peoples beliefs.

I was talking in general - not you, but from what you just wrote I cannot see how you are practising islam, but yeah, whatever. We are way off topic. You just claimed something is not islamic, and supported that with ''im muslim and for me....'', so I corrected you. It doesn't matter if you personally have this view, but the teachings are saying different. And there are hundreds of millions of muslims who will prove you otherwise.

Anyway, sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

FreePalestine

Archived