SNL shades Taylor Swift fans

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlowLoris
8 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

taylor using the LGBT community to sell songs during a flop era doesnt sit well with me lol 

you need to calm down was one of the worst gay pandering songs to ever be released

Yes, it was a horrible song and YES, it does pander.  

But maybe it's good to inject just a lil stupid gay propaganda into her songs.  As we're discussing here, her fanbase is quite conservative (and therefore dumb), so they kinda need to be hit over the head with an idea in order to really understand it, ya know?

The song was pandering to the gays in the worst way, absolutely.  And musically it sucks ass.  But it was also written for the Katie's, Hannah's and Laura-Beth's of the world.... those who only know gays from the scary stories at church.

1 hour ago, SlowLoris said:

Yes, it was a horrible song and YES, it does pander.  

But maybe it's good to inject just a lil stupid gay propaganda into her songs.  As we're discussing here, her fanbase is quite conservative (and therefore dumb), so they kinda need to be hit over the head with an idea in order to really understand it, ya know?

The song was pandering to the gays in the worst way, absolutely.  And musically it sucks ass.  But it was also written for the Katie's, Hannah's and Laura-Beth's of the world.... those who only know gays from the scary stories at church.

am i the only one that thinks YNTCD was a decade defining bop? the production is beautiful

6 hours ago, Dojo said:

am i the only one that thinks YNTCD was a decade defining bop? the production is beautiful

yes :ororomunroe:

Railing
17 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

taylor using the LGBT community to sell songs during a flop era doesnt sit well with me lol 

you need to calm down was one of the worst gay pandering songs to ever be released

9 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

The song isn't even completely about gay people though. It's more of a general "haters gonna hate" Shake It Off type of song that criticizes online bullying, homophobia and sexism respectively for each of its 3 verses :oprah: 

It's also worth noting that she made a statement endorsing pro-LGBTQ candidates during the Tennessee midterm elections 1 year prior, and made a donation to a charity there + launched a petition in support of the Equality Act in conjunction with the music video (which advertises it in the endcard). That's more than most artists are willing to do for their supposed 'performative activism'.

Archived