Jump to content

💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

SNL shades Taylor Swift fans


Dojo

Featured Posts

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlowLoris
8 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

taylor using the LGBT community to sell songs during a flop era doesnt sit well with me lol 

you need to calm down was one of the worst gay pandering songs to ever be released

Yes, it was a horrible song and YES, it does pander.  

But maybe it's good to inject just a lil stupid gay propaganda into her songs.  As we're discussing here, her fanbase is quite conservative (and therefore dumb), so they kinda need to be hit over the head with an idea in order to really understand it, ya know?

The song was pandering to the gays in the worst way, absolutely.  And musically it sucks ass.  But it was also written for the Katie's, Hannah's and Laura-Beth's of the world.... those who only know gays from the scary stories at church.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SlowLoris said:

Yes, it was a horrible song and YES, it does pander.  

But maybe it's good to inject just a lil stupid gay propaganda into her songs.  As we're discussing here, her fanbase is quite conservative (and therefore dumb), so they kinda need to be hit over the head with an idea in order to really understand it, ya know?

The song was pandering to the gays in the worst way, absolutely.  And musically it sucks ass.  But it was also written for the Katie's, Hannah's and Laura-Beth's of the world.... those who only know gays from the scary stories at church.

 

am i the only one that thinks YNTCD was a decade defining bop? the production is beautiful

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dojo said:

 

am i the only one that thinks YNTCD was a decade defining bop? the production is beautiful

yes :ororomunroe:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Railing
17 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

taylor using the LGBT community to sell songs during a flop era doesnt sit well with me lol 

you need to calm down was one of the worst gay pandering songs to ever be released

9 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

The song was pandering to the gays in the worst way, absolutely.  And musically it sucks ass.  But it was also written for the Katie's, Hannah's and Laura-Beth's of the world.... those who only know gays from the scary stories at church.

The song isn't even completely about gay people though. It's more of a general "haters gonna hate" Shake It Off type of song that criticizes online bullying, homophobia and sexism respectively for each of its 3 verses :oprah: 

It's also worth noting that she made a statement endorsing pro-LGBTQ candidates during the Tennessee midterm elections 1 year prior, and made a donation to a charity there + launched a petition in support of the Equality Act in conjunction with the music video (which advertises it in the endcard). That's more than most artists are willing to do for their supposed 'performative activism'.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...