Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Miley Cyrus breaks her own Spotify record

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Werewolves Wanted

Genuine question with no shadiness attached, does it seem “easy” to break Spotify records to anyone else? I’m so happy for Miley, she deserves it, but I’m wondering if I’m just having a recency bias. Or, if maybe since streaming is so new we’re witnessing the new reality of record breaking where records get traded off with more frequency 

GypsyVida
1 minute ago, Werewolves Wanted said:

Genuine question with no shadiness attached, does it seem “easy” to break Spotify records to anyone else? I’m so happy for Miley, she deserves it, but I’m wondering if I’m just having a recency bias. Or, if maybe since streaming is so new we’re witnessing  the new reality of break record breaking 

I don't think it's easy, but I don't think everything needs to be a record in the first place.

Twitter accounts will be like "Dua Lipa SHATTERS Billie Eilish's record from two weeks ago for most-streamed non-single under 3 minutes with a feature and a key change."

Like is that really a record?

Now in this case I feel like this is a noteworthy achievement. Breaking your own record for most streams in a week for a single in history is pretty major. Congrats to Miley!

Stream RENAISSANCE

Werewolves Wanted
1 minute ago, GypsyVida said:

I don't think it's easy, but I don't think everything needs to be a record in the first place.

Twitter accounts will be like "Dua Lipa SHATTERS Billie Eilish's record from two weeks ago for most-streamed non-single under 3 minutes with a feature and a key change."

Like is that really a record?

Now in this case I feel like this is a noteworthy achievement. Breaking your own record for most streams in a week for a single in history is pretty major. Congrats to Miley!

Gotcha! Thank you for the insight, that makes more sense! I feel like I just see so many “X broke y record!” every week and so I was curious. But yes, agreed, she deserves so much love for her artistry. I hope this new album is incredible 

Rahrahbitchson

Deserved honestly, such a good catchy song :lolly:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

19 minutes ago, Werewolves Wanted said:

Genuine question with no shadiness attached, does it seem “easy” to break Spotify records to anyone else? I’m so happy for Miley, she deserves it, but I’m wondering if I’m just having a recency bias. Or, if maybe since streaming is so new we’re witnessing the new reality of record breaking where records get traded off with more frequency 

The number of listeners and streams is basically increasing in streaming, so it is easier to break records than in other subsectors, which are stalling or declining.

Hmmm but the amount of Payola from Columbia has also played into this , every time I play a song and click next on Spotify, it plays Flowers , it’s getting very annoying as I’m not really into the song, I want to look into how to block it from playing 

That song must be really smashing. I was surprised the video had 124M views while Taylor Swift’s Anti-hero sits at around 98M. And it’s been only 2 weeks… :legend:

2 hours ago, blzr said:

That song must be really smashing. I was surprised the video had 124M views while Taylor Swift’s Anti-hero sits at around 98M. And it’s been only 2 weeks… :legend:

The anti-hero MV is fun but the interruption with the whole dialogue at the funeral is keeping me from putting it on. 

Archived