opinion

Ava Max's New Album Is Amazing!!

Caothan Mcbride

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cavadour

I gave D&D 3-4 spins yesterday and I woke up this morning intoxicated, borderline obsessed. Songs after songs D&D is chewing up that little brain of mine. Sweetest invasion ever. I've always been a pop-rock buff since my teenage. I remember being countlessly frown upon and getting doubtful gazes when jumping around, trying to get my instant pop crushes across or convey my passion for this artist or that album... Happened recently with Gaga, Future Nostalgia, Plastic Hearts and now D&D... I'm going to ruffle a few more of my friends... and I know, I know ex-ac-tly which ones of them will come back later to tell me I wasn't wrong... 

:ladyhaha:

Turn off the lights, Turn off the lights, coming alive, coming alive... Right now, I can't get enough of the heartbreaking One Of Us, the haunting Last Night On Earth, and Dancing's Done... gaawwwd !

I wanna give into your dark temptation
I wanna touch you like nobody does, oh
People like you and me were born to run
So where we going when the dancing's done?

Well, Ava, the only choice is to replay D&D from the top again !

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Pennywise

I'm doing a review as I'm listening rn:

Million Dollar Baby: Fun, but only if I was drunk in a club. Boring otherwise. 

Sleepwalker: Again, a bit basic. But fun. 

Maybe You're The Problem: did she do this for tiktok or something? It's... a choice, let's just say.

Ghost: Now THIS sounds like a bop. It does have that basic pop feel, but it still sounds fun even sober. :vegas:

-now lemme listen to Ghost one more time before I continue-
Okay now we can continue

Hold Up (Wait a Minute): Again, the lyrics sound like it was made for tiktok. The production is a blast though. But it also sounds like a Daft Punk reject. Anyway, the production is still fun. 

Weapons: Nothing special. No other comments. 

Diamonds & DancefloorsVery basic, but fun. I like the verses. 

In The Dark: One of the standouts to me tbh. Nothing very amazing, but solid. 

Turn Off The Lights: The second bop of the album, so we're having another break to listen to it twice here :vegas:
Okay now we can continue

One of Us: It's a stale sound, but fun, so we'll let that slide. 

Get Outta My Heart: The third bop so far. Does this sample anything? It sounds familiar. :vegas:

Cold As Ice: It sounds fun, but again, so very basic. 

Last Night on Earth: The fourth bop of the album. We are going to stan this one too :vegas:

Dancing's Done: I'll never get over the fact that this sounds like

Spoiler

so I won't comment on it :bear:

Anyway, overall, I don't get how y'all can compare this to Future Nostalgia (I mean, I do, since most of y'all are tasteless twinks, but still...). Future Nostalgia has like one skip. This one, while is not very bad, is so basic that we need a new definition of basic to describe it. 

Those four or five songs are great tho. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Caothan Mcbride
19 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I'm doing a review as I'm listening rn:

Million Dollar Baby: Fun, but only if I was drunk in a club. Boring otherwise. 

Sleepwalker: Again, a bit basic. But fun. 

Maybe You're The Problem: did she do this for tiktok or something? It's... a choice, let's just say.

Ghost: Now THIS sounds like a bop. It does have that basic pop feel, but it still sounds fun even sober. :vegas:

-now lemme listen to Ghost one more time before I continue-
Okay now we can continue

Hold Up (Wait a Minute): Again, the lyrics sound like it was made for tiktok. The production is a blast though. But it also sounds like a Daft Punk reject. Anyway, the production is still fun. 

Weapons: Nothing special. No other comments. 

Diamonds & DancefloorsVery basic, but fun. I like the verses. 

In The Dark: One of the standouts to me tbh. Nothing very amazing, but solid. 

Turn Off The Lights: The second bop of the album, so we're having another break to listen to it twice here :vegas:
Okay now we can continue

One of Us: It's a stale sound, but fun, so we'll let that slide. 

Get Outta My Heart: The third bop so far. Does this sample anything? It sounds familiar. :vegas:

Cold As Ice: It sounds fun, but again, so very basic. 

Last Night on Earth: The fourth bop of the album. We are going to stan this one too :vegas:

Dancing's Done: I'll never get over the fact that this sounds like

Hide contents

so I won't comment on it :bear:

Anyway, overall, I don't get how y'all can compare this to Future Nostalgia (I mean, I do, since most of y'all are tasteless twinks, but still...). Future Nostalgia has like one skip. This one, while is not very bad, is so basic that we need a new definition of basic to describe it. 

Those four or five songs are great tho. 

Feel like if the track list was put together better it have a better listen/feel 

Pennywise
5 minutes ago, Caothan Mcbride said:

Feel like if the track list was put together better it have a better listen/feel 

I think it needs more songs that stand out. I can remember the ones I liked separately, but the others just blend in with each other, in my opinion. I get the nostalgia for simple pop songs, but there's a difference between using a formula and straight up sounding stale. 

Pennywise

Anyway I'm writing essays about this because otherwise I'll have to go actually write the assignment I have so... :partysick:

Tue growth from Heaven and Hell :giveup: Best album of 2023 :nooo:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

monstertoronto
16 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

There are some signed art cards on her site in case anybody is interested in that kind of stuff. It specifies they are hand signed.

I just ordered the signed art card and vinyl last night when I was listening to it the album. I was surprised it was still available. 

TortureMeOnReplay
7 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I just ordered the signed art card and vinyl last night when I was listening to it the album. I was surprised it was still available. 

I thought about posting about them when I saw them a couple of weeks ago, but I asked their support if the silver vinyl was a physical item or some sort of digital item and didn't want the signed cards or vinyl to sell out while I was awaiting my answer.

SLEEPWALKER is that #1 pop banger. I hope she gives a non-generic MV for it and tons of live performances :giveup:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

On 1/27/2023 at 12:09 PM, Caothan Mcbride said:

It’s a mix honestly cold as Ice ghost , sleepwalker and dancings done is very haunting the fame monster type vibe then some songs sound like they could be on 1989 by Taylor Swift 

I’ll give it a go. 

This album is SO good. TBH I kind of like the "original" album cover better than the new one. It makes more sense now that I've been playing this album nonstop. Anyways..

Archived