Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga removed guns from BTW Ball

Lyzz the Monster

Featured Posts

unbelievable.... the cruel ignorance among monsters is just appalling

then u wonder why LM's are known as "The WORST"???!!!

with ignorant, insensitive comments like this - it's no wonder - - but ooooo when it comes to a gay teen coming out then it's all boohoo and handle with such care, - but for 20 murdered innocent 6 year olds it's 'hey, the show is more important / who cares'. One twit actually said ppl shouldn't mourn for years - well, their families sure will be moron!!

Let me put it onto baby language for you self-consumed numbnuts to understand:

If 20 young gay teens were killed in a knife fight - how would you feel about Gaga using a knife as a prop in her show - eventhough SHE had nothing to do with it?? and eventhough it made for a better more 'epic' show?? think about it - cause really - some of you write the most ludicrous thoughtless comments.

get your twisted priorities straight - you give monsters a horrible reputation.

BTW I predicted Gaga would eliminate the guns from her show - and thank GOD she did!! Atleast She's got a brain AND a heart unlike some of you.

Yep,it's sad,but you need to calm down.

People get shot everyday. And now it's happening in America (again) and guns should be banned at the show?

Guys,ban the guns in America and not in entertainment show :fail:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BigDreamer

With exception to the lipstick gun (which was amazing), I think GaGa's use of guns feels forced and unnecessary. Like when Madonna condemns smoking but smokes in her music videos with the excuse that it is an accessory not a statement.

A winner of the LennonOno Grant For Peace probably shouldn't use guns as a prop in her show unless she has a reason to.

It didn't bother me personally, but I think it makes sense for her to ditch the guns.

i dont feel any certain way about it really though the gh part was awesome. I think the use of the guns and stuff is all just a part of the performance of it all. Not to reflect on a personal opinion she may have. Her show is just that, a show

elijahfan

I can understand why shes done it but you can't expect guns to be removed from popular culture forever...

This... Plus, I think the use of a pipe looks really awkward, especially in Government Hooker. Like... you can still hear the gunshot in the audio :sweat:

If I were her, I would have kept the guns, OR I would have used the disco stick... a bit like what she did at the end of the show, when she first killed Mother GOAT with a rifle, and then replaced it with the disco stick.

A disco stick always does it better... :hor: ;)

with ignorant, insensitive comments like this - it's no wonder - - but ooooo when it comes to a gay teen coming out then it's all boohoo and handle with such care, - but for 20 murdered innocent 6 year olds it's 'hey, the show is more important / who cares'. One twit actually said ppl shouldn't mourn for years - well, their families sure will be moron!!

If 20 young gay teens were killed in a knife fight - how would you feel about Gaga using a knife as a prop in her show - eventhough SHE had nothing to do with it?? and eventhough it made for a better more 'epic' show?? think about it - cause really - some of you write the most ludicrous thoughtless comments.

BTW I predicted Gaga would eliminate the guns from her show - and thank GOD she did!! Atleast She's got a brain AND a heart unlike some of you.

Their families will, I won't and neither will 99,9% of the world! "If 20 young gay teens were killed in a knife fight - how would you feel about Gaga using a knife as a prop in her show..." I'd be fine with it just because SHE'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

You called me a twit, moron etc. and I'm the one who's giving us "a horrible reputation". I said my opinion and I don't care about yours. Now you can **** off.

EvilChromatica

Isn't it because there are arenas who don't allow fire or smoke in the building. Maybe it's like the Monster Ball where sometimes the Fire Piano or the Alejandro fountain doesn't fire up :shrug:

This is enraging. Why is everyone so ****ing sensitive? The guns she uses in the show are to protect, not to harm. Society stamps out art once again.

I agree.

Lets stop shooting films/tv shows/pictures with guns in them

because some idiots decided to take away innocent lives while we're at it, right ? :fail:

Lyzz the Monster

I totally agree with you. I regretted making this thread just to read a bunch of stupid comments and see a huge lack of appreciation. It's almost unbelievable.

You have to be completely oblivious to the past month to think there was another reason she'd have done it.

1) Gaga supports gun control. We know this thanks to some petition she signed.

2) Gaga has a way of standing up for her beliefs and being a caring person.

3) PEOPLE DIED. RECENTLY.

We don't need any receipts to know why she did it.

Exactly. And don't forget... 400 people die every single day in the United States because of guns. 400, not even including those who get wounded and survive.

I think it's just another testament to her incredible integrity and empathy that she did this. :flutter: Nobody else would've ever even considered doing this, not even after Sandy Hook.

HausOfMark

That was wise of her tbh :clap:

Guns aren't needed to enhance the entertainment value of a pop show imo. Especially in light of the recent tragedy. :nails:

Way to go Gaga :pawsup:

This. Agree 100%

-Mark

StrawberryBlond

I applaud her for doing this and I'm sure the show will be much better recieved this way. She replaced the guns once before in Brazil, so I see no reason why she can't do it again. I kept saying that the Aurora shooting was the reason why she wasn't touring in Colorado (Madonna got negative press when she used guns in her show there) so I assumed that the guns would continue everywhere else. Then I remembered the Sandy Hook shooting...and she's touring at a Conneticut arena. That date was one of the last ones to be added and it was mere weeks before the shooting, so that was seriously unfortunate timing. I have the feeling that swapping the guns was quite a last minute decision, to pay respects to both incidents recently. And she can't sign a gun control petition and then glamourise guns in her show. It would look hypocritical (and lord knows she's been accused of that recently *cough*SharonOsbourne*cough). Madonna adamantly refused to drop the gun elements of her show even in areas that were opposed to it (the fact she said an apology for the Aurora shooting on stage just before the use of guns doesn't really wash). The only way to truly show respect is to remove the gun elements entirely and Gaga proved that she's reasonable enough to do that and is creative enough to adapt the show and still have everything look good.

To be honest, I hope that both recent shootings will cause Gaga to stop using guns in her shows ever again. I'm not against a very quick use of a revolver followed by a fade to black scene as an art piece, but waving about machine guns is quite a different matter. It comes across as crass, cold and callous. And it most definitely isn't in line with Gaga's message of love, peace and unity, which is why I'm surprised that she included them at all. Before Madonna used guns in her show, she said that the concert was all about peace and I remember seeing the comment on a news website "Yeah, nothing says 'world peace' like an AK47." The public isn't stupid and guns are becoming less glamorous by the day.

Archived