Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My Gaga "fanarts". (updated with "get well" piece for Gaga)

somechick

Featured Posts

I still think you could easily charge $40 for the Gagacorns. I don't know if you sew as well, but if you don't, you could team up with someone who does and turn them into pillow covers for throw pillows (and include the throw pillow), for maybe an extra $10. Those would sell quickly as well, especially with the donation to BTWF. :) I'm sure you've already come up with lots of different ideas for it though. :sweat:

You really think people would pay $40? I guess I could give it a try. That'd be great because more money for the BTWF. I have made a throw pillow by hand once actually, but it's probably better to do by machine - which I have no clue how to do. ;)

My idea's are more for designs. I also had an idea to do a BTW one with for instance, an "=" sign, but in the middle putting "Born This Way" and to fill in the "=" the colours of the pride flag (ovbiously = for equality).

What program do you use to make the patterns? I'd love to try my hand at this.

It's a computer program I bought years ago and I can;t even find it for sale any more. :( I have no idea where my cd for it went either, which is annoying because I want to put it on my new laptop. If my old one craps out I'm screwed. ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really think people would pay $40? I guess I could give it a try. That'd be great because more money for the BTWF. I have made a throw pillow by hand once actually, but it's probably better to do by machine - which I have no clue how to do. ;)

My idea's are more for designs. I also had an idea to do a BTW one with for instance, an "=" sign, but in the middle putting "Born This Way" and to fill in the "=" the colours of the pride flag (ovbiously = for equality).

Definitely! I would at least start at that price, and if you're not getting many orders, then bring it down to $35. But if people will pay $40 for a tour shirt, they should be willing to pay it for a work of art that benefits BTWF.

You can buy these pillow forms, which cost maybe $7 a piece, depending on the size, at a regular fabric supply store.

xprd10514_z.jpg

And then-

Slipstitched Pillow Cover

For this streamlined style, the cover is closed with an invisible seam after inserting the pillow form. Because the closure is permanent, the cover is most appropriate for pillow forms that won't be washed.

If you do need to wash the filled pillow -- particularly if it's made of a delicate fabric, such as silk -- have it dry-cleaned.

Tools and Materials

Basic sewing supplies

Pillow insert

Fabric

Slipstitched Cover How-To

1. Add 1 inch (2.5 cm) to the height and length of the pillow insert for the seam allowance. With a ruler and a disappearing-ink fabric pen, draw 2 squares of fabric with these dimensions; cut out squares.

2. Pin the squares together, right sides facing. On the bottom edge, make marks 3 inches (7.5 cm) in from the right and left sides. Starting at one of the marks, sew along all the edges of the pillow with a 1/2-inch (13 mm) seam allowance, leaving the space between the marks open. Clip the corners and turn the pillow right-side out. Use a point turner or a closed pair of scissors to push the corners out.

3. Press the edges of the pillow, turning the unfinished edges of the opening under 1/2 inch (13 mm). Insert pillow form. Slipstitch the opening shut.

Easy :)

There's so many options! :flutter: haha. You could also do the G.O.A.T. with the pink triangle?

i Love to cross stitch! im saving money to but a software program for it but untill then i can only make lil gaga ones

this is one i made when cake came out lol

AvRRBVh.jpg

Definitely! I would at least start at that price, and if you're not getting many orders, then bring it down to $35. But if people will pay $40 for a tour shirt, they should be willing to pay it for a work of art that benefits BTWF.

You can buy these pillow forms, which cost maybe $7 a piece, depending on the size, at a regular fabric supply store.

xprd10514_z.jpg

And then-

Slipstitched Pillow Cover

For this streamlined style, the cover is closed with an invisible seam after inserting the pillow form. Because the closure is permanent, the cover is most appropriate for pillow forms that won't be washed.

If you do need to wash the filled pillow -- particularly if it's made of a delicate fabric, such as silk -- have it dry-cleaned.

Tools and Materials

Basic sewing supplies

Pillow insert

Fabric

Slipstitched Cover How-To

1. Add 1 inch (2.5 cm) to the height and length of the pillow insert for the seam allowance. With a ruler and a disappearing-ink fabric pen, draw 2 squares of fabric with these dimensions; cut out squares.

2. Pin the squares together, right sides facing. On the bottom edge, make marks 3 inches (7.5 cm) in from the right and left sides. Starting at one of the marks, sew along all the edges of the pillow with a 1/2-inch (13 mm) seam allowance, leaving the space between the marks open. Clip the corners and turn the pillow right-side out. Use a point turner or a closed pair of scissors to push the corners out.

3. Press the edges of the pillow, turning the unfinished edges of the opening under 1/2 inch (13 mm). Insert pillow form. Slipstitch the opening shut.

Easy :)

There's so many options! :flutter: haha. You could also do the G.O.A.T. with the pink triangle?

Yeah I have filling, and even backing material, but those instructions actually confused the heck out of me. lmao

i Love to cross stitch! im saving money to but a software program for it but untill then i can only make lil gaga ones

this is one i made when cake came out lol

AvRRBVh.jpg

That's really cool! :D

Yeah I have filling, and even backing material, but those instructions actually confused the heck out of me. lmao

That's really cool! :D

It's Martha Stewart's fault :blehga: I'll try to find some better ones lol.

It's Martha Stewart's fault :blehga: I'll try to find some better ones lol.

lol but is that meant to be with a sewing machine? Coz I don't own one. Like I said, I do it by hand. I mean I don't need instructions to sew up a pillow by hand really. ;) You just cut the backing material bigger, sew it inside out and when it's almost completely closed, turn it the right way and stuff it, and then I'd add a press stud. However, thinking about it shipping them would be a pain because they are bulky, so would drive the cost up, even if they are light. :(

lol but is that meant to be with a sewing machine? Coz I don't own one. Like I said, I do it by hand. I mean I don't need instructions to sew up a pillow by hand really. ;) You just cut the backing material bigger, sew it inside out and when it's almost completely closed, turn it the right way and stuff it, and then I'd add a press stud. However, thinking about it shipping them would be a pain because they are bulky, so would drive the cost up, even if they are light. :(

Oh that's true. :(

So I made a "get well" piece for gaga:

004_zps70187731.jpg

The names are all the friends I have made because of Gaga (plus that of my best friend who is also a Gaga fan). :)

Archived