💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

MTV: “ARTPOP foretold pop’s future”

Meat

Featured Posts

ScreamQueen007
17 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I objectively think the only thing possible is DWUW solo demo being released. Mainly because of some contract issues. 

If I'm not wrong, from the legal documents that leaked few years ago, it was said that she can't release / use unreleased songs from the past. (Probably a way for Interscope to protect that material the day she decides to leave tbh :enigma:). 

A lot of her fans are trashing her for cancelling things but actually think she has not a lot to say if the label don't want to release some stuff. I remember Gaga told during JWT backstage sessions that she was wishing releasing a Joanne B-side album (including Frankensteined song) and it did not happened. I'm sure it was the same kind of contract / legal **** that was blocking her to do. 

Anyway if nothing happens this year for any 'new' ARTPOP material, honestly, just let it rest in the past. That's nothing will ever see the light in the future.

ARTPOP (STEFANI’S VERSION). 

24d6a56a63a4175f57cddb847f9b3057.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AnglerfishbraBENUS

interestingly it sounds like they purposely cut some of the more digestible songs like brooklyn nights and less digestible songs like Tea in favor of those that were in the middle. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i think we are going to get ARTPOP 2 but it will be what ARTPOP means to Gaga in a 2023 musical landscape. 

If she does what i think she’s going to, it will have a LOT of jazz influence 

Edonis
2 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I objectively think the only thing possible is DWUW solo demo being released. Mainly because of some contract issues. 

If I'm not wrong, from the legal documents that leaked few years ago, it was said that she can't release / use unreleased songs from the past. (Probably a way for Interscope to protect that material the day she decides to leave tbh :enigma:). 

A lot of her fans are trashing her for cancelling things but actually think she has not a lot to say if the label don't want to release some stuff. I remember Gaga told during JWT backstage sessions that she was wishing releasing a Joanne B-side album (including Frankensteined song) and it did not happened. I'm sure it was the same kind of contract / legal **** that was blocking her to do. 

Anyway if nothing happens this year for any 'new' ARTPOP material, honestly, just let it rest in the past. That's nothing will ever see the light in the future.

It's 100% because of legal stuff. I know fans love to make jokes about broken promises and scrapping stuff, but her label functions like most other corporations in that they're quite restrictive on what can or can't be done. Each client (in this case, artist) has unique contract terms too, so trying to draw comparisons between singers really doesn't provide as much insight as one might think.

And as an aside, I'm also very curious about how the Act II songs were apparently "poppier" than what was on the album because stans have already convinced themselves that the sequel was going to be more experiential and avant-garde. If a second act ever did get released, will they be satisfied? So many of them were trashing Joanne and Chromatica for being "basic" or relying too much on commercial sensibilities so I'm curious how the reception will be if what they imagined doesn't match up to reality?

Anyways, I assume a remix album is coming. Hyper(ART)POP 2023 is coming!

YouCanSitWithUs

I really want LG7 more than ARTPOP Act 2. Infact, I think it might be a bad idea to bring up the album that had you know who on it.

Something about this just screams to me.....AVOID. I know it is tempting. ARTPOP is a really fun album and it would be fun to see what else she had in mind for it. I totally get that and I know it seems fun for the fans.

But I really really really have a bad idea about gassing up ARTPOP too much. I really think it could bring fire to the whole DWUW scandal more than everyone on here realizes. That whole thing basically stays in YouTube conspiracy theory territory video zone. It hasn't really become that much of a mainstream thing. I think gassing it up, right before she is about to embark on a (potentially really violent) film, could make the public kind of go...."yeah....we get she regrets it...but that kind of is hypocritical of her and everyone already knew R. Kelly was a rapist". Like....I think some younger people on here think the R. Kelly allegations are a new thing...but they weren't. They really weren't. I'm 30....when I was in middle school it was common knowledge that he was known for "peeing on girls". 

In the day and age of political correctness being at a reallly reallly all time high....you cannot think just like an artist in this scenario...it could really impact Gaga's ability to secure deals, get performances, and the public could think she is a fraud. I just think it sucks that that whole album is associated with that one monster. Which is ironic because she has said she doesn't want her career to be defined by her rapist. But like....gassing the GP up about ARTPOP....that's scary. TikTok will eat up conspiracies. ANd that will drench up the whoile Marina Ambramovich "baby blood parties" conspiracies and the Lina Morgana conspiracies again, too. 

You thought it was bad in 2013...imagine how bad it would be in 2023.

I think she should just do what she did with The Fame Monster......

Let it speak for itself. 

If it's that great of an album underground culture can worship it while the mainstream keeps their dirty hands off of it. 

Also...I wanted to add....is anyone concerned that this album is traumatic for her and even though she has a soft spot for it...she doesn't want to revisit it? Like...this was not a good time for her and I am not even sure if she agrees with some of the perspectives that she had in this era. 

sillynate

Wow that was a beautiful article. I felt like I was a young twink in high school again while reading it. 

insight
12 hours ago, NATAH said:

how? he just seems to really love the project and has a lot of excitement for a potential act 2 like the rest of us :what:

Seems like he has nobody else to produce but Gaga

HookerOnAChurch

I'm not asking for a whole ACT 2 but something like this would be very well appreciated: 

ARTPOP (THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY) 

Disc One (ARTPOP as we know, with the solo DWUW version) 

Disc Two: 

1. TEA (Previously Unreleased) 

2. Temple (Previously Unreleased) 

3. Brooklyn Nights (Previously Unreleased) 

4. Princess Die (Previously Unreleased)

5. Partynauseous (Demo)

6. In Like With You (Demo) 

7. Nothing on (But the Radio) DJWS Version

12 minutes ago, insight said:

randomly rude and uncalled for but okay...

mother, what must i do?

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

I really want LG7 more than ARTPOP Act 2. Infact, I think it might be a bad idea to bring up the album that had you know who on it.

Something about this just screams to me.....AVOID. I know it is tempting. ARTPOP is a really fun album and it would be fun to see what else she had in mind for it. I totally get that and I know it seems fun for the fans.

But I really really really have a bad idea about gassing up ARTPOP too much. I really think it could bring fire to the whole DWUW scandal more than everyone on here realizes. That whole thing basically stays in YouTube conspiracy theory territory video zone. It hasn't really become that much of a mainstream thing. I think gassing it up, right before she is about to embark on a (potentially really violent) film, could make the public kind of go...."yeah....we get she regrets it...but that kind of is hypocritical of her and everyone already knew R. Kelly was a rapist". Like....I think some younger people on here think the R. Kelly allegations are a new thing...but they weren't. They really weren't. I'm 30....when I was in middle school it was common knowledge that he was known for "peeing on girls". 

In the day and age of political correctness being at a reallly reallly all time high....you cannot think just like an artist in this scenario...it could really impact Gaga's ability to secure deals, get performances, and the public could think she is a fraud. I just think it sucks that that whole album is associated with that one monster. Which is ironic because she has said she doesn't want her career to be defined by her rapist. But like....gassing the GP up about ARTPOP....that's scary. TikTok will eat up conspiracies. ANd that will drench up the whoile Marina Ambramovich "baby blood parties" conspiracies and the Lina Morgana conspiracies again, too. 

You thought it was bad in 2013...imagine how bad it would be in 2023.

I think she should just do what she did with The Fame Monster......

Let it speak for itself. 

If it's that great of an album underground culture can worship it while the mainstream keeps their dirty hands off of it. 

Also...I wanted to add....is anyone concerned that this album is traumatic for her and even though she has a soft spot for it...she doesn't want to revisit it? Like...this was not a good time for her and I am not even sure if she agrees with some of the perspectives that she had in this era. 

i don’t think anyone associates ARTPOP with R Kelly.  

i think with songs like Judas and Bloody Mary taking off, she is at a point in her career where she feels like she can be bombastic again and i think it will only take her to greater heights. Gen Z LOVES crazy gaga 

insight
Just now, NATAH said:

randomly rude and uncalled for but okay...

Does he? He clings on to Gaga like she's the only artist out there.

3 minutes ago, insight said:

Does he? He clings on to Gaga like she's the only artist out there.

because he responds to the crowd of gaga fans that constantly ask him about ARTPOP

nothing wrong in being proud of his work, bit weird of you to act like this

mother, what must i do?

monketsharona
13 minutes ago, insight said:

No shade to any Gaga producers because I totally respect all of them for all the good things they've done personally and creatively but almost none of them are that hot and trendy producers anymore. 

I mean RedOne while be being hitmaker kinda retired, DJWS's career as pop music producer never really had significant boost outside of Gaga, Fernando Garibay kind of vanished from music industry, Bloodpop's peak was in 2015 / 2017. Even Mark Ronson hasn't made big significant things since his own album in 2019 and Nothing Breaks Like A Heart success. 

And honestly I don't give a damn, I'll be always very opened to any of them working again with Gaga. 

insight
10 minutes ago, NATAH said:

because he responds to the crowd of gaga fans that constantly ask him about ARTPOP

nothing wrong in being proud of his work, bit weird of you to act like this

He's still traumatized bt ARTPOP's underperformance, imho, and wants a chance at a do-over.

YouCanSitWithUs
3 hours ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i don’t think anyone associates ARTPOP with R Kelly.  

i think with songs like Judas and Bloody Mary taking off, she is at a point in her career where she feels like she can be bombastic again and i think it will only take her to greater heights. Gen Z LOVES crazy gaga 

Those are both from Born This Way.

And yes....straight Tik Tok that hates on Gaga knows about R Kelly, Lina Morgana, and Marina Ambromavich (or at least they think they do) and their are some WILD things they say! 

Archived