Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Godsmack's Sully Erna & Gaga dating in 2019

G U C C I

Featured Posts

G U C C I

During a new appearance on the "2020'd" podcast, GODSMACK drummer Shannon Larkin was asked if it's true that the band's frontman Sully Erna once dated pop superstar Lady Gaga. He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Yeah, that's true. And that's not, I don't think, a secret. I don't think Sully would bum out if people knew he dated Lady Gaga. I mean, she's hot, and she's mega talented."

"L.A. bands and West Coast dudes, they're flashier, maybe, and they're rock stars and there's more David Lee Roth than — I don't know — Eddie Vedder," Shannon explained. "You know what I mean? We're more Eddie Vedder, even though we're East Coast. We're probably even flashier than Eddie. He'll show up in an army jacket. You don't even recognize him. 'Oh my God. That's Eddie Vedder.' So we're in between them and the dudes with the flashy girls on their arms.

"So, did her date her? Yeah," Larkin repeated. "But did he ever tell anyone? No — except for his friends and us. The band, we knew… It was a brief thing, by the way."

Back in July 2019, Erna said that the GODSMACK ballad "Under Your Scars" was inspired by Lady Gaga.

"This song came to me shortly after I had spent some quality time with someone who I consider a dear friend, and have grown to admire and respect as one of the smartest and most talented artists today, Stefani Germanotta, who most of you may know as Lady Gaga," Sully said in a statement at the time. "In the short amount of time we hung out, she made me realize that we all have these imperfections, these wounds that we carry (whether they're physical or emotional) that cut so deep they can cripple us. These feelings leave us vulnerable, or embarrassed, or even unworthy at times. And our human nature — when they're exposed — is to shut down, rather than embrace them and realize that not only can we overcome them, but we can also become an inspiration to inspire others to have a voice and find their inner strength to show their scars off loudly and proudly to the world. Our 'Scars' are nothing more than our battle wounds from life and they helped mold you into who you are today."

Sully wrote the song himself and it is really beautiful and also a RIAA certified gold single for the band.

Spoiler

Lyrics:

Do we make sense? I think we do
In spite of everything that we've been through
Oh, when you say black and I say white
It's not about who's wrong
As long as it feels right
Don't think those stars won't align

Under your scars I pray
You're like a shooting star in the rain
You're everything that feels like home to me, yeah
Under your scars, I could live inside you time after time
If you'd only let me live inside of mine
Live inside of mine

Wish you were here
Right beside me
So I could watch you sleep
Hold your body closer, breathe you deep
And everything feels broken
When you're not next to me
Would you still be you
If we weren't we?

Under your scars I pray

So hey, if you feel like coming down
If you feel like coming around
Just call my name out loud, na, na, na
Hey, if you feel like coming down
If you feel like coming around
Just call my name out loud, na, na, na, hey

Under your scars I pray
Live inside of mine

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Modern Ecstasy2

Oh wow, did anyone know this?? No offense to this guy but I have no idea who he is. I remember she dated Dan Horton very briefly, maybe around the same time?

Anyhoo, she is with the one she’s supposed to be with :vegas:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Kimmo

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

I need to tell my husband this he loves Godsmack, and We love this song. I had no idea especially since is played on Octane almost hourly!!!! Why is this so hush hush???

Hottie Detector

ARTBOP

"In the short amount of time we hung out, she made me realize that we all have these imperfections, these wounds that we carry (whether they're physical or emotional) that cut so deep they can cripple us. These feelings leave us vulnerable, or embarrassed, or even unworthy at times. And our human nature — when they're exposed — is to shut down, rather than embrace them and realize that not only can we overcome them, but we can also become an inspiration to inspire others to have a voice and find their inner strength to show their scars off loudly and proudly to the world. Our 'Scars' are nothing more than our battle wounds from life and they helped mold you into who you are today."

That is just so gorgeous.

G U C C I
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I need to tell my husband this he loves Godsmack, and We love this song. I had no idea especially since is played on Octane almost hourly!!!! Why is this so hush hush???

I think that Gaga really does live such a full life behind the scenes so well and gravitates to people who do the same. Taylor Kinney just happened to be an exception for her. I know that it is none of our (my) business but I am always fascinated by information into her love life like this. I don't know if it is because I am the same age as her or what but who she dates and spends time with always captures my curiosity . 

2 minutes ago, ARTBOP said:

"In the short amount of time we hung out, she made me realize that we all have these imperfections, these wounds that we carry (whether they're physical or emotional) that cut so deep they can cripple us. These feelings leave us vulnerable, or embarrassed, or even unworthy at times. And our human nature — when they're exposed — is to shut down, rather than embrace them and realize that not only can we overcome them, but we can also become an inspiration to inspire others to have a voice and find their inner strength to show their scars off loudly and proudly to the world. Our 'Scars' are nothing more than our battle wounds from life and they helped mold you into who you are today."

That is just so gorgeous.

Right!! I read this immediately hit create thread on here! He seems to really know and love her.

PartySick
Just now, Kimmo said:

Ok but we need GGD to tweet and remind the world about this masterpiece of a song being inspire but Triconica .... :partysick:

@River @PartySick

Lemme get right on tweeting that :samanthac:

🖤

Pennywise
18 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

You have a husband? :wtfga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Kimmo
Just now, Pennywise said:

You have a husband? :wtfga:

Yes… who else you thought was smashing this peach? Post Malone?

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866451e86fd92e3061f4

Hottie Detector

AshIey

The part about her inspiring his writing was beautiful. And they only dated for a brief period, she must have left quite an impression on him. 

Anyone that gets to know her in anyway on a personal level is so lucky. :giveup:

Pennywise
Just now, Kimmo said:

who else you thought was smashing this peach?

...will I be kicked off of the Haus if I say nobody? :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived