opinion

Gaga Fans Need To Stop Pressuring Gaga to Release ARTPOP Act 2 (Or a Re-release)

YouCanSitWithUs

Featured Posts

TEANUS

I won’t :vegas:

Call me when someone still so heavily fawns over, discusses, theorizes, and appreciates anything I do 10 years later

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS
1 hour ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Who in their right minds would expect a completely fleshed out era from Gaga in 2023? Go ahead and quote me if I'm wrong, but there's no way. She would want to tour the album as she has every other release, and she just finished touring. Major marketing projects come out every 2-3 years for her, with HOG in 2021 and Joker 2 in 2024. She's not going to risk overexposure by releasing an original studio album a year before Joker. 

Her doing the Super Bowl, Coachella, the JWT, Chromatica, and Vegas all while preparing/ releasing ASIB say hello. Not to mention she had an album out a year and a half later and another movie a year and a half after that in addition to a jazz album, Haus Labs, a remix album, and recording HMH :vegas:

Even when she leaves us starving she’s cooking up a four course meal

MonsterARTPOP

I don't see an issue in releasing a 2CD 10th anniversary edition tbh,

CD1: ARTPOP + DWUW solo or with Xtina

CD2: the songs that leaked/we know are pretty much complete:

1. PARTYNAUSEOUS

2. Temple

3. TEA

4. Princess Die

5. I Wanna Be With You

6. Brooklyn NIghts

7. SiRE

8. Heard It (On The Radio)

+ hopefully Onion Girl cause it's my most anticipated one

TortureMeOnReplay
11 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Her doing the Super Bowl, Coachella, the JWT, Chromatica, and Vegas all while preparing/ releasing ASIB say hello. Not to mention she had an album out a year and a half later and another movie a year and a half after that in addition to a jazz album, Haus Labs, a remix album, and recording HMH :vegas:

Even when she leaves us starving she’s cooking up a four course meal

Yes, I didn't say she wasn't busy. She's stayed busy since the start of her career. But those were products for her fans (outside of HL, but that is business itself, not a real artistic product). JWT and Coachella as well as Vegas were for fans. Super Bowl was promo. ASIB was 2018 and Chromatica was 2020. We've always seen 2 calendar years between major projects aside from her Jazz projects. But those were never meants for a wide consumer appeal. Plus Love For Sale was not meant to come out when it did. Projects that involve the GP and have "full eras" haven't just been 1 year apart, which is what LG7 would be with Joker 2 if she released 2023. 

TEANUS
2 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Yes, I didn't say she wasn't busy. She's stayed busy since the start of her career. But those were products for her fans (outside of HL, but that is business itself, not a real artistic product). JWT and Coachella as well as Vegas were for fans. Super Bowl was promo. ASIB was 2018 and Chromatica was 2020. We've always seen 2 calendar years between major projects aside from her Jazz projects. But those were never meants for a wide consumer appeal. Plus Love For Sale was not meant to come out when it did. Projects that involve the GP and have "full eras" haven't just been 1 year apart, which is what LG7 would be with Joker 2 if she released 2023. 

Sure, I'm not necessarily saying that I believe anything changes the fact that LG7 in 2023 would be quite the amazing shock! But to be fair, ASIB was released in October 2018 (the last quarter) and lasted until February 2019 and just a year later the Chromatica era kicked off. Then 14 months after the 911 video we got HOG.

Lezzzz get a poll added, do we have a right to ask for ARTPOP 2? :ohwell:

✧ ✧ ✧

Future Lovers

I agree with you but Monsters don't wanna hear it for a variety of valid and invalid reasons

selenalavigne

ARTPOP Act II, a full album experience, a sequel album that also stands on it's own. 

filled with experimental, fun, ludicrous, and meaningful tracks that push the boundaries of what pop music can be. filled with re-worked rejects from the original album as well as new collaborations where necessary.

10 years after the original

would be a career defining MOMENT.

and Gaga fans have every right to respectfully give suggestions on what they would like to see next, ESPECIALLY when it would be such a slay. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

TortureMeOnReplay
38 minutes ago, selenalavigne said:

ARTPOP Act II, a full album experience, a sequel album that also stands on it's own. 

filled with experimental, fun, ludicrous, and meaningful tracks that push the boundaries of what pop music can be. filled with re-worked rejects from the original album as well as new collaborations where necessary.

10 years after the original

would be a career defining MOMENT.

and Gaga fans have every right to respectfully give suggestions on what they would like to see next, ESPECIALLY when it would be such a slay. 

I dont agree. I feel like media would paint it as a return to her darkest time and dig up everything they can. Gaga is too different now to go back to what she was in that way. I think she could do it musically in a Love For Sale era way, but I don't think she'd do a real full era. 

GagaUnderYou

I’m sure she’ll recover from the trauma when she sees the paycheck for an ARTPOP era.:laughga:

It’s her fans who are buying the music, merch, etc. As a professional musician, I’m sure she can create something beautiful from something she once found ugly. 

DJWS confirmed something was in the works to commemorate the album. Let’s just buckle up & enjoy the ride with whatever she puts out.

LordByron28

ARTPOP is something special to her and her fans. Her fans got it to #1 on iTunes in 2021 while also 55k+ fans have signed a petition asking for Act 2. Applause and some of her more eccentric songs are currently experiencing a resurgence due to tik tok viral trends which are being driven by the GP, not her fans. Her main DJ on ARTPOP wants to revisit ARTPOP and release unreleased tracks. DJWS has confirmed that something is in the works for the 10th anniversary. This will also be Lady Gaga's 15th career anniversary. 

Since her career has started she is always working on and delivering new projects whether televised performances, acting roles, documentaries, albums, tours, or shows each year. In addition to her role within the fashion industry, perfume business, and her makeup lines. It is reasonable to speculate that she will be releasing projects this year. No one is demanding her to do anything. Just based on prior history and that she released a 10 year anniversary album for BTW. It is reasonable to expect it especially given the petition and DJWS saying there would be something.

Quite frankly she doesn't have to do much work for an ARTPOP 10. BTW 10 was by a bunch of LGBT artists covering her material. 2 months later, she released Dawn of Chromatica where artists that fit her sound and vibe remixed each track on the album. She had her producer handle the collaborations and assembling everything. She can have DJWS helm the project and send out demos recorded from 2012-early 2015 to various musicians. Release a remixed ARTPOP along with her ARTPOP Act 2 material that different artists remix like DoC. 

If you are worried about it not being successful or that the Act 2 tracks aren't good. She has a wide disposal of artists she could collaborate with to elevate the Act 2 tracks. Bad Bunny has been begging for a collab, posts pics wearing a chromatica ball shirt, breakout single references her and Paparazzi. He is the biggest streaming artist on the planet and stans her. BTS are major fans and were worshipping Gaga during the Grammys 2022, they really want a collab. They are one of the biggest artists on the planet, the biggest K-pop group and apart of the next generation of pop stars that are huge fans of hers. Lil Nas X wants to collab with Gaga and is obviously heavily influenced by her. He similarly was standing Gaga during The Grammy's 2022. One of the biggest next generation pop stars that is heavily influenced by her and who's identity as a black, gay male compliments and contrasts Gaga in different ways. Camilla Cabello is a big fan of Gaga's, Gaga adores her, and Camilla is the first Hispanic female popstar to get a US #1 in addition to other hits. Ava Max is a first generation Eastern European Amerixan popstar that is heavily influenced by Gaga and has a number of huge streaming hits. Britney has always been appreciative of Gaga's support throughout the years and she was an icon the influenced Gaga's career. Kesha has shown immense love and appreciation for Gaga for defending her in court against Dr. Luke. She would love to collaborate with her and she debuted one year after Gaga and has maintained popularity developing her own specific niche within the same electropop genre as Gaga debuted in. Janelle Monáe would be interested in a collab, has very similar artistic visions to Gaga, strong and unique sense of style and identity as a non-binary black artist. Who is starting to have a burgeoning acting career. Rosalia is an up and coming artist from Spain that is a fan of Gaga and recently uploaded her singing Alejandro on social media. There are still recorded collabs with Kendrick Lamar, Cher and TLC that could be unearthed from this era. The DWUW collab with Christina could be remixed. Elton John is always down to collab with Gaga. I'm sure any artists from DoC such as Charli XCX, Dorian Electra, Rina Sawayama, Pablo Viitar, and Shy Girl would love to do another collab. Beyonce and Florence likely would be willing to collab with Gaga again. Due to connections with Interscope artists such as Gwen and Guetta could be possible. Other major producers such as Calvin Harris have expressed interest in working with Gaga in the past.

If you are worried about the material not being good or popular enough. She has a whole arsenal of artists that adore her that would be willing to help her out. She has changed her opinion about collaborations post-Chromstica. The Grammy's 2022 was the ultimate showing of how loved and influenced she is by the new generation of popstars and adored by legends. Given that it is a fanniversary project she wouldn't have to do much marketing outside of some social media posts and her team handling streaming pushes. 

YouCanSitWithUs
7 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

You being in recovery didn't stop you from judging addicts (like ME) as "douchebags" and "fukbois" in the other thread about vaping. Also, quit with the gaslighting -- if you offend people they are gonna react defensively-- that's just how life works.

This thread is making my blood boil. The way you are imposing all of your ideas about Gaga's relationship with drugs/alcohol as fact is nauseating.

I'm sorry but vaping is something you completely have your wits about when you are doing it. As someone who was addicted to nicotine for 11 years, I think it is different than an alcohol or heroin addiction. 

And stop with the improper use of the word "gaslighting". (I hear people say that word alot these days and it's actually really offensive when people use psuedoscience and crap pysch terminology they learned from tiktok everywhere to sound smart.) 

It is your choice and your mind choosing to be offended  by something that is not in itself offensive. And I find it offensive that you think so low of addicts that discussing the possibility of Gaga being one revolts you. If someone said, "Gee, I noticed that person lost all their hair and is looking ill and having a hard time getting around. It is a real possibility that they have cancer and we should be patient with them because of this"...in that case you wouldn't look down on someone for saying that. You would commend them for being compassionate and careful about someone else's potential health concerns. Same thing with addiction...it's a diseease and shouldn't be treated any differently. It's the same thing if Gaga is an addict, too....I merely think, based on the things she had pointed out throughout her career, that it is very likely she struggles with this. It's not offensive to say someone has a disease. What is offensive is you getting all up in arms because you still want to have a an emotional reaction because you don't like the stigma surrounding the disease. That is ignorant. That is offensive to millions of people. That is inconsiderate. If Gaga is an addict, I only relate to her more. I'm not looking down on her. The fact that you are offended by the idea of someone being an addict is YOU looking down on addiction.

As an addict in recovery who has practiced the steps and program of recovery, I could give a **** less about the stigma. And I highly doubt you have done a 12 step program or watched friend after friend around you die at a very young age because of their vape addiction. SO please sit down and quit telling me that I am being too judgemental. You can be offended as much as you want but being offended doesn't heal people. Speaking truth does. You clearly do not know what you are talking about and anyone with any rational would see that I am not looking down or casting negative judgement on Gaga, who I very much love and adore.

ChrissyBot
5 hours ago, MonsterARTPOP said:

I don't see an issue in releasing a 2CD 10th anniversary edition tbh,

CD1: ARTPOP + DWUW solo or with Xtina

CD2: the songs that leaked/we know are pretty much complete:

1. PARTYNAUSEOUS

2. Temple

3. TEA

4. Princess Die

5. I Wanna Be With You

6. Brooklyn NIghts

7. SiRE

8. Heard It (On The Radio)

+ hopefully Onion Girl cause it's my most anticipated one

Actually we know that there are around 40 almost finished unreleased ARTPOP songs according to DJWS. And that’s just DJWS’s work on ARTPOP. There are more unreleased songs produced by Zedd, also probably other songs we don’t even know exist that may have been produced by producers we don’t even know about. That’s why the world of ARTPOP is so fascinating to me. There’s so much more than what we have now

YouCanSitWithUs
7 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

i have noticed this user posting all sorts of dramatic/out of pocket things on this cult site over the past few days :chica:

I wasn't trying to be dramatic (or maybe I was). I am an old fan who hasn't been on in years and I decided after logging on the past few months and seeing how undeniably unadventurous this site has got...I'd get back on. Couldn't remember my old account (the last time I properly logged onto Gaga Daily was maybe in between ARTPOP and Joanne). The site has just become boring. I thought it would be interesting to bring up actual topics about culture/art/music/concepts/ideas again rather than it become a news feed about charts and random current events. The site used to be much more cultured than it is now. I dunno. Sometimes a little healthy drama is necessary, I guess. I welcome all opinions with open arms.

It's GagaDaily. It should be.....Gaga.

Duh?

• Admin locked this topic

Archived