opinion

Gaga Fans Need To Stop Pressuring Gaga to Release ARTPOP Act 2 (Or a Re-release)

YouCanSitWithUs

Featured Posts

Dayman

Not the several paragraphs about how Gaga “must” hate ARTPOP. As if she hasn’t performed Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, Applause in the years since. Or the fact she engages with ARTPOP comments on social media almost disproportionately compared to others. Her tweeting “I don’t remember ARTPOP” was also in the middle of the time she would tweet meme bait tweets  with Bloodpops help. Like I don’t get this fanbases obsession with stating Gaga hates ARTPOP and wants to forget about it as a fact - but they proceed to just write long think pieces using their own personal opinions. It’s maddening.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YouCanSitWithUs
4 hours ago, selenalavigne said:

ARTPOP Act II, a full album experience, a sequel album that also stands on it's own. 

filled with experimental, fun, ludicrous, and meaningful tracks that push the boundaries of what pop music can be. filled with re-worked rejects from the original album as well as new collaborations where necessary.

10 years after the original

would be a career defining MOMENT.

and Gaga fans have every right to respectfully give suggestions on what they would like to see next, ESPECIALLY when it would be such a slay. 

Or Gaga could just release a brand new non-ARTPOP album filled with experimental, fun, ludicrous, and meaningful tracks Lily Tomlin Netflix GIF by Grace and Frankie

And also...hasn't every Gaga album been filled with experimental, fun, ludicrous, and meaningful tracks? :ohwell:

I just don't see why fans want her so badly to dig back into her most mid album.  Especially considering her most recent pop album is heavy on the subject of letting go of the past. lol. 

There also is the fact that technically Gaga did not revisit Born This Way. She had other people do it for her. :trollga:

I just feel like....let ARTPOP have a cute 10th anniversary on Spotify...if TikTok ever blows up "Venus" I'll eat my words and support my girl, but....other than that.....golden globes chrissy teigan GIF

Let ARTPOP rest in pop herstory. I want a new surprise concept for LG7. 

Roughhouse Dandy

Just because of the tomfoolery exhibited in this thread ima ask for another ARTPOP installment extra hard. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

YouCanSitWithUs
8 hours ago, Julien Lockhart said:

Thanks ! I'm tired OMG it's like none of y'all was here during the messy era

ARTPOP was an hard time for her, she was in a very dark place in mind, ok you love the album, good for you but stop harassing Gaga with act 2 or this album, it's from the past like btw or tfm and leave it here

I don't want her to do something related to ARPTOP if she doesn't want to

Yeah I am kind of wondering if some of the people that really want an ACT 2 were on here when that all was going on.

Most of what Gaga has experienced in the past 6-7 years has been uphill.

The backlash, the losses, the emotions, the outright misogyny to be honest....y'all don't even know what 2012-2014 was like. There was a point fans doubted she would ever put out music again and there were fans who really thought she was gonna just give up and left the site. 

In 2011 GGD was like...a post would go up and there would be thousands of comments in one hour. Alot of people abandoned her after ARTPOP. It was really ****ed. And honestly the industry has never really acknowledged what they put her through. Like...I really feel like at an awards show someday that someone should acknowledge that time because...it was the biggest reverse and organized backlash towards a major artist since MJ...and Gaga didn't even do anything except "be too weird". And then when the industry decided to like her again it was like....they just brushed it all under the rug. The only person that really said anything was actually Lily Allen in her song Sheezus where she said "We're all watching Gaga...LOLOL AHA...dying for her art, so really she's a martyr..."

But honestly Hollywood kind of slept on what they did to Gaga. I wonder if they will ever acknowledge their shitty behavior to her the way they did with Britney...because they purposely misgendered Gaga, said she was ugly, said she was too fat, said she was a flop, compared her to other artists, said she was over, made fun of her injury, said she wasn't a real artist and a copycat, said that she was mentally deranged...like...it was ****ed up.

Oriane

I don't understand your logic. Fans don't think new music is coming this year because they think ARTPOP vol. 2 is coming instead? I'm sure if you create a poll, most people think a new album is more likely :smh:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

YouCanSitWithUs
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

I don't understand your logic. Fans don't think new music is coming this year because they think ARTPOP vol. 2 is coming instead? I'm sure if you create a poll, most people think a new album is more likely :smh:

I do think some people think both are somehow going to come this year which is kind of a huge ask for a popstar who is filming a movie and writing a soundtrack for it and doing two residencies. lol. 

Railing

I'm so tired of these "hot takes" about how Gaga hates ARTPOP, fans are toxic, bla bla bla :rip:

Gaga does not harbor ill will towards the ARTPOP album. Yes, 2013 was a traumatic year for her in so many ways, but she has always loved that album, she still speaks of it in a positive way, and she still performs it. She sang Aura at every date of Enigma, she sang Venus and Sexxx Dreams at Coachella, we have a clip of her jamming out to MANiCURE during a DJ set for Haus Labs, so on and so forth.

It's also pretty justified to want something for ARTPOP's tenth anniversary. Born This Way had a whole re-issue and mini promo era in 2021, and The Fame had its own (albeit smaller) moment with the website and new version of its USB edition back in 2018.

ARTPOP is without-a-doubt the biggest fan-favorite album Gaga's made, so the Act II hype is reasoned. Especially since she went as far as to say in 2014 that it was done but not ready for release, which I'd assume means it's finished sans the mixing/mastering and graphics. She also implied in that interview that she doesn't have plans for it but that it's an album she enjoys listening to with her friends.

Max

As someone who adores ARTPOP since 2013… an album which means the world to me and gave me guidance through a very dark, traumatic & rough time of my life I‘m still very intrigued by the thought of what it could have been and what else she had in store for us. 

However, over the years I accepted the fact that we will probably never receive anything from that era again there’s still a tiny bit of hope inside me. 

11 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

Yes....in a very disguised way. She has talked about her use of drugs and that it was bad for her. But I don't think she has ever outright labeled herself as an alcoholic/addict. I think because she sees how the media has treated people (specifically women) like Lindsay Lohan and Demi Lovato and the puiblic thinks you just "get sober". But often times it takes years...even decades, to fully realize your sobriety. Most addicts in recovery relapse at least 7 times before they actually stay sober for the rest of their lives according to research. Gaga has admitted to it but never allowed the label because she probably knew how much they would tear her apart. I mean...think about it....she still obviously drinks at her jazz shows. 

It might look glamorous but if she had formerly come out and said she was an addict alot of people would probably say she was a flight risk and back out on her. 

I actually feel like this is what was going to happen after ARTPOP...she was going to come out of the closet as an addict... and her label was like, "NO....stop...we don't want you to ruin her career!" Maybe that is why Troy Carter and a few others backed out on her? They saw how bad it got when she broke her hip and had an unlimited access to drugs. Maybe it really did get bad. And I think for some of the fans, they do not understand that as an addict she can look playfully back at ARTPOP but actually asking her to perform it is....kind of really scary and bad. Like...in AA they tell you to avoid "people, places, and things" that can trigger you to relapse. The album she made while she was ****ed up and at her worst would definitely be a trigger.

She actually said it out loud, in a way one time. She was performing Dope Live at like the iTunes festival and she was BAWLING at the piano like she wanted to say something and you could hear her stop and mumble under her breath "I don't need to take drugs to be creative". This was around that time she was putting that weird fake accent on that sounded kind of English-German one day and then the next she was slouched over looking tired af, and then the next day she was super energized and ready to go.

I think she actually feels like if she talks about it, similarly to revealing her rapist, there are still people who would back out on her. And I think she has tried to be as honest with the public as she can while also protecting herself. 

In a way, she still comes out of that era a little bit that Britney did where labels are very ****ing manipulative and she probably still feels anxious about that. It's probably why she said she didn't want to be a pop star anymore in 2018.

She probably has been going to NA/AA meetings for a while too. Literally one of her biggest lyrics is "cuz God makes no mistakes" in Born This Way. I used to think that was so original of her. But that actually is a direct quote from the Big Book in the AA program and is said in typically every AA meeting. You could imagine my shock when I heard everyone repeating that when I first went to AA in 2017. I was like, "why are they constantly quoting Lady Gaga?" 

A lot of insinuations

Railing
4 minutes ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

I do think some people think both are somehow going to come this year which is kind of a huge ask for a popstar who is filming a movie and writing a soundtrack for it and doing two residencies. lol. 

Even if Gaga were to be dropping new material this year (which I doubt & have NO idea where that came from), I don't really see how it conflicts with ARTPOP 10th anniversary festivities? Born This Way's 10th anniversary reissue was only a few months before Dawn of Chromatica, and Dawn of Chromatica was literally the exact same month as Love For Sale.

I know it's a bit different since ARTPOP would entail previously unheard music, but it doesn't have to be treated as a new album or anything. It could literally come out as Disc 2 on a re-release, and it would be recognized/treated as such by the GP. Something that's meant for the fans and has no bearing on her current projects.

Schwerk

I prefer this behavior over obsessed fans attacking other artists and their fans which happens so much online. At least this is less toxic.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

tomsches

I didnt like ARTPOP when it came out but I think a stand-alone album that’s called ARTPOP with all new music in the actual style that she envisioned with like experimental pop music about putting art in pop could work. It would be a very risky career move though. 

2 hours ago, LordByron28 said:

Release a remixed ARTPOP along with her ARTPOP Act 2 material that different artists remix like DoC

I was with you until this, I rather some full old demos if Gaga doesn't want to redo them or polish them etc :selena:.. but I wouldn't mind original ARTPOP remixed and rereleased w Act 2!

ChicaSkas
8 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

after filming Joker or after Joker is out? :poot:

I would hope after filming joker since 2023 is the ten year mark and joker itself releases 2024 I think 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Admin locked this topic

Archived