bionic
5 minutes ago, catsounds said:

Also the ones filmed for BBC in the UK don't win any money which isn't fair

that's WOW's fault

buy bionic

Catnikko
1 minute ago, bionic said:

that's WOW's fault

well it's because you can't on BBC UK, which i guess yeah they shouldn't have chosen BBC for the UK drag races

Purr

bionic
1 minute ago, catsounds said:

well it's because you can't on BBC UK, which i guess yeah they shouldn't have chosen BBC for the UK drag races

you can on the BBC if the production cover the cost themselves (i.e. from the show's budget). the BBC wont pay it, you can't broadcast sponsors (i.e. £100,000 cash prize courtesy of walmart or whatever), so production must cover it. tons of BBC shows similar to drag race (i.e. a 'reality' show where the winner is decided by a biased individual person and not strictly on merit) give a cash prize (or... any prize at all)

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 2

Catnikko
Just now, bionic said:

you can on the BBC if the production cover the cost themselves (i.e. from the show's budget). the BBC wont pay it, you can't broadcast sponsors (i.e. £100,000 cash prize courtesy of walmart or whatever), so production must cover it. tons of BBC shows similar to drag race give a cash prize (or... any prize at all)

that's good to know, I didn't know the specifics. Idg why they didn't go with 4 or ITV tbh if they aren't willing to shell it out themself

Purr

bionic

that's good to know, I didn't know the specifics. Idg why they didn't go with 4 or ITV tbh if they aren't willing to shell it out themself

prestige i guess. i think channel 4 would've been a more natural fit based on other shows ive seen by them. also could've been a lack of sponsors willing to give a substantial prize

buy bionic
  • Love 1

Catnikko
1 minute ago, bionic said:

prestige i guess. i think channel 4 would've been a more natural fit based on other shows ive seen by them. also could've been a lack of sponsors willing to give a substantial prize

I agree, especially because iplayer is the only one that you 'need' to have a TV license to watch which I'm sure no student or house sharer (which I can imagine are a huge percentage of the UK viewers) is going to actually buy

Purr

6 minutes ago, catsounds said:

4 minutes ago, bionic said:

BBC also has no ad breaks during shows whilst ITV and C4 do

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Catnikko
Just now, NATAH said:

that's kind of ok though? :selena: if it means they are competing with some actually decent money

Purr
  • Like 2

bionic
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

doesn't every other franchise have ad breaks? i dont see that being an issue (altho its defo an advantage in terms of quality)

buy bionic

that's kind of ok though? :selena: if it means they are competing with some actually decent money

i think it allows production to produce longer episodes :enigma: but i really don't know why they chose BBC over the rest, maybe BBC allowed more creative freedom?

Just now, bionic said:

doesn't every other franchise have ad breaks? i dont see that being an issue (altho its defo an advantage in terms of quality)

the other franchises seem to air on live TV whilst DRUK is straight to iPlayer, if C4/ITV had the show then it would have aired live on TV with ad breaks

i'm actually kinda surprised it's still a BBC iPlayer thing instead of a BBC1 thing, given its popularity

mother, what must i do?

bionic
Just now, NATAH said:

i think it allows production to produce longer episodes :enigma: but i really don't know why they chose BBC over the rest, maybe BBC allowed more creative freedom?

the other franchises seem to air on live TV whilst DRUK is straight to iPlayer, if C4/ITV had the show then it would have aired live on TV with ad breaks

i'm actually kinda surprised it's still a BBC iPlayer thing instead of a BBC1 thing, given its popularity

UKVTW and S4 onward premiered on BBC3's return as a broadcast channel, which seems to be the right audience from it.

Spoiler

altho it is still put on iplayer in full simultaneously with second 1 of the live broadcast

buy bionic
  • Shook 1

Just now, bionic said:

UKVTW and S4 onward premiered on BBC3's return as a broadcast channel, which seems to be the right audience from it.

Hide contents

altho it is still put on iplayer in full simultaneously with second 1 of the live broadcast

o shid i forgot they brought BBC3 back! years ago they took BBC3 off air to merge with iPlayer but yes, BBC3 is a great home for it since BBC3 is for the quirky cool stuff

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Catnikko
16 minutes ago, NATAH said:

I think UK airs on BBC3

pretty sure ITV and C4 are bigger than BBC3 for reality TV though so just seems they wanted BBC i guess idg why

I originally thought it aired on BBC1 so i was shocked it was only BBC3

edit: sorry i didn't see someone already replied this!

Edited by catsounds
Purr
  • Like 1

phantasmas
2 hours ago, bionic said:

Well technically its just not been renewed... because of the bts corruption

omg whats the T, sis :gum:

• BUtterfield 8 changed the title to Official Rupaul’s Drag Race S15 Thread | *use spoiler tag*