Bloody Mary dethrones Shallow on Gaga’s Spotify

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SimonBaetens
54 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

:shocked: I was adamant that Shallow would not be dethroned for years until a new single is released. 

I know right!! It'll probably be back on the throne when the Bloody Mary hype dies out, but it's so strange to see it not be number 1.

LordByron28

I think her team is doing just enough right now. They are adding it to playlists, incorporated the scene with the spotify song, she tweeted about it, and she did a Tik Tok dance with it. Netflix, 'Wednesday' showmakers, Tik Tok and Spotify all have vested interests in this being as much of a viral hit as possible as well. Now other marketing teams are jumping in on the bandwagon. Her team has been sending it to the radio in some select European countries.

I imagine they will continue to steadily offer more support depending on how long the song continues to grow and how big it gets. For example, I could see over the course of this next week Gaga sending Bloody Mary to most of Europe. Perhaps in the week leading up to Christmas release an official remix version onto all major streaming platforms. Include an official YouTube video for the remix that includes footage from Wednesday. If the song continues being popular past Christmas begin releasing it to radio stations globally. If the song really takes off and becomes a major hit song; make a music video for it to release in late January and perform it at the Grammy's in February; which she will likely be attending for HMH nominations anyway. She can perform HMH at the Oscar's in March. 

Economy
7 hours ago, Staryu17 said:

They're actually doing a solid job with its playlisting atm 

Not to mention if they do have a plan to release it as an official single... Waiting till after Christmas may be the smart thing to do

8 hours ago, hausofgay said:

Interscope is sooo fcking dumb... They should have release that single 2 weeks ago

The Fame

Are the numbers next to the songs the total streams in the song's lifetime, and the ranking (aka top 1 through 10) the *daily* popularity? 

LaLuna

It's always so weird to me when old songs make a comeback. Like when Running Up That Hill charted again because of Stranger Things. But hey, are we really going to complain when the GP is finally discovering the brilliance of the good sis Bloody Mary after all these years? 

Reality
8 hours ago, DanielM said:

I don't know how to feel about it. Bloody Mary was a secret jam in our little community, it's weird to see it being so popular 

That's lowkey how I feel about this whole situation :giveup: Like, I love that it's getting the recognition it deserves, but for so long it was just a fan fave between Little Monsters and I kinda liked it that way :giveup:

🃏🖤👹

8 hours ago, Meat said:

She’s not 23 that she will be heavily promoting her music now. She has other priorities. Fans just want basic playlisting and radio, nothing else. 

I know, but I was not talking about that, I was comenting on what another user about how polarized this fanbase is

Reginald
12 hours ago, mamo said:

well I guess we’re truly far from the shallow now :vegas:

troll crying GIF

FINALLY. DarkGa her revival. GPGa is expired 

sarahb

Lmao imagine going back in time and telling everyone that in December Bloody Mary will overtake Shallow.

You'd be seen as absolutely insane. :ladyhaha: 

Archived