StarstruckIllusion 53,777 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 Absolutely heartbreaking and terrifying.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
weed 79,380 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 Omggggggg..,,, RIP Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
YourEvilTwin 1,398 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 RIP. We shouldn't jump to conclusions about something so serious without more information. Somehow I doubt the Qataris are stupid enough to murder a prominent US journalist on their own soil, over a rainbow shirt no less. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LateToCult 42,254 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 HOLY ****. Grant Wahl? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LilyLark 10,213 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 2 hours ago, YourEvilTwin said: RIP. We shouldn't jump to conclusions about something so serious without more information. Somehow I doubt the Qataris are stupid enough to murder a prominent US journalist on their own soil, over a rainbow shirt no less. It's not only the pride shirt...he's published multiple articles on corruption and migrant worker death in Qatar and has named names. I'm not sure I buy it's the Qatari government, either, as I simply don't think they are as insane and stupid as someone like MBS. But I could easily see it being a Qatari businessman, or someone who is tied into the govt. or royal family doing this on their own (without the government's approval). Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LilyLark 10,213 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 2 hours ago, LateToCult said: HOLY ****. Grant Wahl? Yeah, I feel like some people on twitter do not understand just how massive he was/is in the sports journalism world. He's very, very well known in the US in sports media. Arguably, one of the most famous sports journalists in the US...and defn. in terms of soccer. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Meat 18,962 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 Rest in peace ❤️ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dennis 8,391 Posted December 10, 2022 Share Posted December 10, 2022 We shouldn't rush to conclusions. But this is very very fishy. And a full investigation needs to be conducted. Even if the qatari officials have nothing to do it with it, it could be a lone wolf. Overall the decision to hold the World Cup in Qatar was just a big mistake given the persecution of the LGBT community there (same with Russia 2018). And Western hypocrisy will continue. Mind you for example, France and the Netherlands voted for Morocco to host in 2026 instead of USA-Mexico-Canada. And I think moving forward, no country should host until they provide guarantees on good treatment of LGBT citizens. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.