MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Journalist who wore pride shirt in Qatar dies

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

RIP.

We shouldn't jump to conclusions about something so serious without more information. Somehow I doubt the Qataris are stupid enough to murder a prominent US journalist on their own soil, over a rainbow shirt no less.

• Like 2
LilyLark
2 hours ago, YourEvilTwin said:

RIP.

We shouldn't jump to conclusions about something so serious without more information. Somehow I doubt the Qataris are stupid enough to murder a prominent US journalist on their own soil, over a rainbow shirt no less.

It's not only the pride shirt...he's published multiple articles on corruption and migrant worker death in Qatar and has named names. I'm not sure I buy it's the Qatari government, either, as I simply don't think they are as insane and stupid as someone like MBS. But I could easily see it being a Qatari businessman, or someone who is tied into the govt. or royal family doing this on their own (without the government's approval).

• Like 3
LilyLark
2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

HOLY ****. Grant Wahl?

Yeah, I feel like some people on twitter do not understand just how massive he was/is in the sports journalism world. He's very, very well known in the US in sports media. Arguably, one of the most famous sports journalists in the US...and defn. in terms of soccer.

• Shook 3

We shouldn't rush to conclusions. But this is very very fishy. And a full investigation needs to be conducted. Even if the qatari officials have nothing to do it with it, it could be a lone wolf.

Overall the decision to hold the World Cup in Qatar was just a big mistake given the persecution of the LGBT community there (same with Russia 2018). And Western hypocrisy will continue. Mind you for example, France and the Netherlands voted for Morocco to host in 2026 instead of USA-Mexico-Canada. And I think moving forward, no country should host until they provide guarantees on good treatment of LGBT citizens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1