MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Austrian companies to face boycott over Austria's unsubstantiated veto

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

austria_flag_card_bank_-_photo_chormail_

Various voices in Romania have been calling for a boycott of Austrian businesses after Vienna's decision to block the country's accession to Schengen. Liberal MEP Rareş Bogdan was among the first to make such a call, while local businessmen and even a top football club decided to stop working with Austrian banks or Austrian-controlled companies.

Local businessman Dimitrie Muscă, also one of the most important farmers in the country, told Agerpres that he decided to close his firms' accounts at Austrian-owned banks. "I believe that Romanians must now be united and do the same. I don't want to work with Austrian banks ever again. In addition, I no longer buy diesel from Austrian companies," he said, according to G4media.ro. 

A similar move was announced by Voicu Vușcan, administrator of Elit SRL, a major player in the industry of meat processing.

From the political world, the strongest voice calling for a boycott of Austrian businesses was MEP Rareş Bogdan. In an intervention at the local news channel Romania TV, he said: "From this moment on, I ask the Romanians and the state authorities to act accordingly. I want all state companies, starting with Romgaz, Transgaz, Hidroelectrica, Electrica, and all companies that have accounts at Erste and Raiffeisen, to urgently close their bank accounts and cards."

Source: https://www.romania-insider.com/schengen-rejection-austrian-businesses-boycott-romania

A diplomatic/economic squirmish between Austria and Romania wasn't on my bingo card for 2022, nonetheless it happened. :vegas:

• Like 2
FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Marges said:

Ok good. Erste & Raiffeisen criminals anyways.

Erste didn't even try to pretend and said it stands by Austria's "security concerns". They are done. :air: Meanwhile Raiffesein put up a statement where it tried to distance itself from Austria's government, they had to lock the comments too.

Banks aside I hope the ones responsible for the timber mafia (Austrians, but also the complicit nationals) will finally face the consequences for deforestating Romania and at times literally assasinating the rangers that stand their way. Mother nature fights back. :iamfair:

Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Erste didn't even try to pretend and said it stands by Austria's "security concerns". They are done. :air: Meanwhile Raiffesein put up a statement where it tried to distance itself from Austria's government, they had to lock the comments too.

Banks aside I hope the ones responsible for the timber mafia (Austrians, but also the complicit nationals) will finally face the consequences for deforestating Romania and at times literally assasinating the rangers that stand their way. Mother nature fights back. :iamfair:

Nearly everyone nowadays tries to stay away from our government. They have no clue what they‘re doing. Trust me when I say that we Austrians are deeply ashamed of them

• Like 1
FfFfFfFF

Romanians are almost always passive, the fact that stores started to remove stuff shows this whole thing got under Rom' skin bad.

I'm curious to see what Bulgaria will do.

• Like 1
YourEvilTwin

From Reddit:

"Austria has no gas. Romania has gas. In 2004, Austria opposed accession of Romania to the eu unless the Romanian state oil company were sold to Austria. Which happened and out of a sudden Austria became the best friend of Romania. Now there's gas field off shore in Romanian waters. Days before the vote, Austria asked Romania to change laws to give up preemption on buying the gas form the offshore field. Romania refused. Austria vetoed."

Edited by YourEvilTwin
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
Gabi001

People in Austrian politics are such an upnose hypocrytes. From my experience - they are always blocking and sabotaging our nuclear power plants (because they think those are not eco-friendly enough), however they still buy electricity from our nuclear power plants, because they can't make enough only from wind and sun.

I'm not having fun tonight.
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Gabi001 said:

People in Austrian politics are such an upnose hypocrytes. From my experience - they are always blocking and sabotaging our nuclear power plants (because they think those are not eco-friendly enough), however they still buy electricity from our nuclear power plants, because they can't make enough only from wind and sun.

Which is so funny because they actually built one here and after it was finished we had elections if we want it or not and we voted against it :ladyhaha:

• Shook 1
bionic
10 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

lol in my experience as eastern european romania was much less friendly than austria

buy bionic