• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marrytheknight2012

• misanthrope

• TheProfessor

• Americano

CroatiaGeisha

Gaga didn't respond as well as she could have imo. The tone of the letter is a little holier-than-thou and she unnecessarily went off about Fashion Police (which is the equivalent of Sharon going off about fur). Best way to handle this kind of conflict is to be brief and and only stick to the main point- without dragging ego into your words.

It seems interpersonal communication is not Gaga's forte after all. :flop:

Gaga didn't respond as well as she could have imo. The tone of the letter is a little holier-than-thou and she unnecessarily went off about Fashion Police (which is the equivalent of Sharon going off about fur). Best way to handle this kind of conflict is to be brief and and only stick to the main point- without dragging ego into your words.

It seems interpersonal communication is not Gaga's forte after all. :flop:

I think she provided an adequate example, which directly relates to the main point of the letter. Though it does appear to have a negative and somewhat catty connotation, I think it was necessary in order to prove her point.

misanthrope

ALL of this will reflect negatively on Gaga. Completely. As I said, she needs to get the ball rolling on the next era as soon as this starts dissipating from public consciousness. She's become entirely overshadowed by her unwarranted controversies.

Edited by misanthrope

HausOfNicole

dont put words in my mouth. i try to not comment on appearance even when im pissed. im not a bully but i consider a great number of people on here to be

Another true statement. I believe a lot of you younger fans (who are ironically the ones causing this problem to begin with) need to realize that not everyone will agree and worship the ground that Lady Gaga walks on. It's okay not to follow her every word, it means you have a mind of your own and can actual form thoughts and opinions on your own. It's not okay to belittle and taut those who disagree with you, which is what's really the problem here with fans.

In all I think this entire situation has been blown way out of proportion and they need to all (especially Sharon) need to deal with this like adults. Fans are gonna do what they do regardless, but these grown women passive aggressively arguing in such a public way is childish and starting to borderline on tacky.

misanthrope

Another true statement. I believe a lot of you younger fans (who are ironically the ones causing this problem to begin with) need to realize that not everyone will agree and worship the ground that Lady Gaga walks on. It's okay not to follow her every word, it means you have a mind of your own and can actual form thoughts and opinions on your own. It's not okay to belittle and taut those who disagree with you, which is what's really the problem here with fans.

In all I think this entire situation has been blown way out of proportion and they need to all (especially Sharon) need to deal with this like adults. Fans are gonna do what they do regardless, but these grown women passive aggressively arguing in such a public way is childish and starting to borderline on tacky.

The user your responding to was initially being incredibly disrespectful and melodramatic. Eventually he got his point across to me in a clearer and less flamebait-y sort of way. But their reactions to his posts in this thread weren't completely unwarranted. He had sat here for hours and I mean hours reiterating the same statements and adamantly and vulgarly arguing against people in this thread.

Just wanted to point that out.

Edited by misanthrope

HausOfNicole

dont put words in my mouth. i try to not comment on appearance even when im pissed. im not a bully but i consider a great number of people on here to be

misanthrope

The user your responding to was initially being incredibly disrespectful and melodramatic. Eventually he got his point across to me in a clearer and less flamebait-y sort of way. But their reactions to his posts in this thread weren't completely unwarranted. He had sat here for hours and I mean hours reiterating the same statements and adamantly and vulgarly arguing against people in this thread.

Edited by misanthrope

HausOfNicole

I wasn't really referring to what people said to him, it was more of a general thing. I've seen it happen several times were if someone expresses an opinion that doesn't uphold her in the highest regard they are belittled and taunted. My point is really that several fans need to realize how negative and corrupt some of they're actions and words can be toward negative criticism, which is what started this whole thing.

Whoa, this **** roasted up fast since I went to work.

How about Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube do something to rein in their users from saying extreme slander and death threats? There is too much generalizing of this fan base. Those who say any vile thing like that should be held accountable independently.

Anyways, this catfight was sour, pointless, and a sack full of **** to begin with. It is entertaining, though. Makes me miss Celebrity Death Match on MTV. :popcorn:

Dancing in the Shadow... 🖤

misanthrope

I wasn't really referring to what people said to him, it was more of a general thing. I've seen it happen several times were if someone expresses an opinion that doesn't uphold her in the highest regard they are belittled and taunted. My point is really that several fans need to realize how negative and corrupt some of they're actions and words can be toward negative criticism, which is what started this whole thing.

Yeah but why is this fanbase the only one constantly stigmatized as being unopen to differing opinions? Its unfair and I refuse to give in to those bullying and generalizing gaga fans into a corner. I think both parties were at fault here.

I'm realizing how toxic pop forums are, not only for those who choose to engage in activity on them but also to the star they're supposedly supporting

Edited by misanthrope

HausOfNicole

Yeah but why is this fanbase the only one constantly stigmatized as being unopen to differing opinions? Its unfair and I refuse to give in to those bullying and generalizing gaga fans into a corner. I think both parties were at fault here.

I'm realizing how toxic pop forums are, not only for those who choose to engage in activity on them but also to the star they're supposedly supporting

What I'm saying applies to every fanbase, but I believe the actions of this one are displayed commonly because of Gaga's persona and stance on bullying. I don't think you can hold anyone accountable for their fans actions in all honesty, which is why I disagreed with what Kelly did to start with, but that's a different story. I do agree that pop forums are toxic, and I think part of that is because people don't have to be held accountable for what they say and don't even have to revel who they are. Plus they just generally breed negativity.

CroatiaGeisha

I think she provided an adequate example, which directly relates to the main point of the letter. Though it does appear to have a negative and somewhat catty connotation, I think it was necessary in order to prove her point.

nah, I think it's important that people's other personal views/lifestyles be kept out of the main conflict at hand. Granted, I agreed with Gaga's critique of the show- but this isn't a right time to bring that, and the BTWF up. Especially since Gaga's point was something that's really up for debate and not universally agreed on. And do you think Kelly is going sit there after reading this, scratch her head, and be like, "yeah, maybe I should consider doing away with the show"? Of course not. Although Gaga tied it into her point about compassion, it was not something that needed to be confronted in order to get her point across. It only makes things worse. Should have just stuck with a letter about generalizing fanbases, imo.

Can we just move this to thoughts? , it stopped being "news" atleast 60 pages ago :laughga:

It happened yesterday, though

Negative criticism is a two way street unfortunately. People are free to express their views and people are free to react to those views. If nothing is sacred, everything is fair game.

Dancing in the Shadow... 🖤