Top Posters In This Topic

• marrytheknight2012

• misanthrope

• TheProfessor

• Americano

misanthrope

I've been meaning to ask, what's ruleth? :haha:

I thought she defended Adele?

I was referring to the supposed VMA shading. There was none.

Joe Matthews

What did Gaga do to Rihianna? And I want to see the rest of that list. Gaga doesn't attack other artists. She only said something to Die Antwoord and Madonna because they crossed the line.

But I can't think of anyone else.

If you're talking about the fans attacking artists, that's a whole other story, every fanbase does that, and Gaga is not responsible.

She shaded Rihanna's VMA performance by tweeting "HAHAHA" in response to it. I'm assuming you know about the Die Antwoord situation where she called them out for "not having a hit". NME was a little while ago where she blatantly attacked them and their credibility because BTW ended up on their "worst albums" list.

I am not sure what you are talking about in what I bolded, but just because you do something wrong in the past doesn't mean that you can correct yourself or that you can't promote good when you once did something wrong. For example, lets say I bullied you in the past, and then I felt sorry for what I did, can I not decide to promote untibullying now that I admitted and fixed my mistake?

I'm referring you to the answer above ^

And I'm sorry but that excuse doesn't fly with me. :shrug: She's been preaching about love and acceptance ever since the BTW era, and yet she attacked Die Antwoord just a couple of months ago. That's not "correcting" your behavior, that's called being a hypocrite.

Kelly called her out first. Why is this being spun onto Gaga? Kelly was the one pointing her finger and calling Gaga a bully. Gaga pointed the finger back but irregardless, this wasn't a battle that she started. Kelly made it a public issue by reiterating the same statement several times publicly, which was ridiculous in the first place because Gaga is not responsible for the actions of random immature children on the internet of which there are plenty that come from every fanbase. For her own sake I suppose this wouldn't have been so messy had it been addressed privately by Gaga, but shes not the one that made it public in the first place. That needs to be established.

All Kelly did was say she loves Gaga as an artist but her fans go too far in protecting her. Literally. I'm not making this up I swear, which is why this whole argument is just ridiculous.

Listen, what it comes down to is this:

- Kelly: "I love you but please control your fans"

- Sharon: "Please tweet about it and try to control your fans, it's getting out of hand"

- Gaga: "I'm not responsible for my fans. Oh and as a side note, i don't approve of your lifestyle or what you say and how you act"

- Sharon: "Look in the mirror before calling other people out on their lifestyle"

It's really that simple.

ryhanna

She shaded Rihanna's VMA performance if I'm not mistaken by tweeting something along the lines of "HAHAHAHA Rihanna's VMA performance". I can't remember the Adele comment exactly, but she commented about her weight in an interview if i remember correctly.

I don't remember that tweet ever happening. And the Adele quote wasn't intended to sound bad, it was just an unfortunate choice of words on Gaga's part. She was discussing controversy over her weight gain, and commented that no one scrutinised Adele about her weight, only Gaga.

She shaded Rihanna's VMA performance by tweeting "HAHAHA" in response to it. I'm assuming you know about the Die Antwoord situation where she called them out for "not having a hit". NME was a little while ago where she blatantly attacked them and their credibility because BTW ended up on their "worst albums" list.

And I'm sorry but that excuse doesn't fly with me. :shrug: She's been preaching about love and acceptance ever since the BTW era, and yet she attacked Die Antwoord just a couple of months ago. That's not "correcting" your behavior, that's called being a hypocrite.

All Kelly did was say she loves Gaga as an artist but her fans go too far in protecting her. Literally. I'm not making this up I swear, which is why this whole argument is just ridiculous.

- Sharon: "Please tweet about it and try to control your fans, it's getting out of hand"

- Gaga: "I'm not responsible for my fans. Oh and as a side note, i don't approve of your lifestyle or what you say and how you act"

- Sharon: "Look in the mirror before calling other people out on their lifestyle"

It's really that simple.

Gurrrl bye

misanthrope

It's really that simple.

You have everything so twisted. Kelly uses thinly veiled insults against Gagas character as a role model and as an entertainer. Gaga responds by telling her shes of no right to criticize anyone for not standing against bullying. Sharon fires back with hypocrisy.

My irk with Sharon was that the letter could have eased things, but instead made things worse.

3 points in and ready for more

ryhanna

I GUARANTEE SHARON WILL BRING THIS UP ON THE CBS TALK SHOW TOMORROW.

Oh yes, this isn't over. This will be Madonna V Gaga 2.0 tbh. Pretty sure Sharon still hasn't even gotten over Danii Minogue.

Joe Matthews

I don't remember that tweet about Rihianna AT ALL.

And she said she didn't know why she was always attack for a weight gain when it's the music that matters. There aren't tabloids about Adele's weight, just her music. So why is her weight a big issue? That's nothing bad toward Adele.

Even then, that's ony two people you can think of

She never did that. She tweeted "ahahahahahaha" supposedly while Rihanna's performance was going on, but we never knew what she was talking about. Hasn't Gaga tweeted Rihanna showing her support?

Yeah, Gaga tweeted this when the VMAs were over. She never shaded Rihanna. https://twitter.com/...891756008091649

As for Adele, she was commenting on the fact that she got ridiculed for her weight gain, but Adele is bigger than her. That wasn't shade.

Thats because it didn't happen. In fact she tweeted Rihanna congratulations when she won Video of the Year to which Rihanna replied "RULETH".

The bolded part, plus this tweet:

@ladygaga: Love and luck to everyone at the VMAS! Hope @MIAuniverse wins VidofTheYear for BAD GIRLS. If not I truly fear for the future of pop culture.

Rihanna was nominated for that award.

The interview or whatever else Kelly publicized about Gaga or her fanbase are completely separate from what happened today. Gaga got pissed about the message Sharon sent to her manager. She felt attacked on a personal level, whilst as you can tell from the email Sharon sent to Vincent, Sharon tried to handle the matter in a very civilized manner.

Gaga got ticked off and overreacted. End of story. :shrug:

How is the interview separate? The interview was a few days ago, its not clear if Gaga even saw the email from Sharon.

She shaded Rihanna's VMA performance if I'm not mistaken by tweeting something along the lines of "HAHAHAHA Rihanna's VMA performance". I can't remember the Adele comment exactly, but she commented about her weight in an interview if i remember correctly.

You are mistaken. First of all. In fact I dont know how you came up what that. And her only comments to Adele have been supportive.

Come on.

It's really that simple.

It's just that simple, if you are trying to spin the truth. :) Gaga never said she didn't approve of Kelly's lifestyle. She even said "I'm not trying to take a crack at your character, as we've met before and you are lovely".

I can spin it the other way:

- Kelly: "Your fans suck"

- Gaga: "I'm not responsible for my fans. You are a good person, but I don't approve of the way you comment on others."

- Sharon: "I think it's fine to insult others. In fact, let me just say that I hate everything about you from what you say to the way you dress"