Telephone or Alejandro?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Telephone or Alejandro?

• Telephone
    • Alejandro

Featured Posts

TheSine
1 hour ago, Coven04 said:

music video mv GIF by Lady Gagamusic video mv GIF by Lady Gagamusic video mv GIF by Lady Gagadying music video GIF by Lady Gaga

That last part used to freak me out. 

đź–¤TheSineđź–¤

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
20 hours ago, catsounds said:

I have a feeling it was monster that was meant to be the single instead of Alejandro as it was the 3rd song always advertised with BR and Telephone in all the promo for TFM, even on the stickers on the album cover 'Featuring the hits Bad Romance, Telephone and Monster'

I think they also had plans for Alejandro and Dance In The Dark because they were released as promo singles but then removed again like they changed their mind about it.

This commercial features Bad Romance, Telephone, Monster and Alejandro though so maybe several songs were planned, not just 3.

She did perform Monster at Oprah, Dance In The Dark at the BRITs and Speechless so maybe it was a way to try to find which one would catch people's attention. Either that or she just wanted to promote the album as a whole, not just the singles. We know she likes to do that.

djfreemymind

Even though the video for Alejandro is a gorgeous work of art... the whole campness of the Telephone video is just so very Gaga. The fact that I was underwhelmed by the video at 17 and even at some points even cringed at the acting... but I was glued to the TV when it first came out and every second of it is still seared in my mind. It's just that triconic.

"['Telephone' is about] fear of suffocation, or fear of never being able to enjoy myself because I love my work so much. I find it really hard to go out and just like… have a good time. And it’s because I usually go, and then a whiskey and a half into it, I start… ugh, I gotta go back to work. So that’s my fear: the phone’s ringing and my head’s ringing.

I wanted to […] take a decidedly pop song, which on the surface has a quite shallow meaning, and turn it into something deeper: the idea that America is full of young people that are inundated with information and technology and turn it into something that is more of a commentary on the kind of country that we are.'" 

(source... which is a great article, def worth a read!)

Master, play me your symphony; I will answer to anything. Take me on a trip,

Archived