MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

NATO countries discuss Ukraine striking targets deeper into Russia

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

So far Ukraine has been striking the border oblasts of Kurks, Belgorod and Rostov. Latvia and UK seem willing to allow Ukraine to strike oblasts deeper inside Russia's borders.

russia-operations-map-1394735687570-supe

PartySick

Can we not though :huntyga:

Fight off the invasion, yes, but this would undoubtedly escalate to either a worsening Russian response or Russian civilians being hurt/killed in the same way Ukrainian ones have been.

• Like 6

low key have this greedy desire for Ukraine to snatch up Krasnodar and establish a nation for the Circassians who were ethnically cleansed from that area by Russia only like 150 years ago BUT that would be a total disaster, impossible and would have too many consequences. Russia will fight tooth and nail if it feels its territorial integrity is at risk especially in its south borders near the Black Sea. Those areas are the only places Russia has year long ports that can operate every day of the year whereas everywhere else Russia's ports freeze up during the winter months. 

That said, I think Ukraine's long term goals by attacking Russia proper is just to handicap its ability to strike it from there. That's it. But I have seen some ppl have maximalist desires of Russia to be brocken up and I'm just like...do yall want WW3 to actually happen or what lol?

Edited by dit
  • Like 2
FfFfFfFF
10 minutes ago, dit said:

low key have this greedy desire for Ukraine to snatch up Krasnodar and establish a nation for the Circassians who were ethnically cleansed from that area by Russia only like 150 years ago BUT that would be a total disaster, impossible and would have too many consequences. Russia will fight tooth and nail if it feels its territorial integrity is at risk especially in its south borders near the Black Sea. Those areas are the only places Russia has year long ports that can operate every day of the year whereas everywhere else Russia's ports freeze up during the winter months. 

That said, I think Ukraine's long term goals by attacking Russia proper is just to handicap its ability to strike it from there. That's it. But I have seen some ppl have maximalist desires of Russia to be brocken up and I'm just like...do yall want WW3 to actually happen or what lol?

As opposed to most countries, Ukraine had its territorial peak pre-2014. However, after WW1 Ukrainians advocated for more encompassing borders, which led to the creation of this map which includes the Ukrainian populated areas in North Caucasus (former Circassian lands that were settled by Russians and Ukrainians after the Circassians were wipped off). Ultra-nationalists in Ukraine may want to see this come to fruition, but there is zero chance for it to be implemented as Crimea alone would be hard to take back and that is a region they DID control. 

1200px-Map_of_Ukraine_(postcard_1919).jp

(As a fun fact: Also something lesser known is Green Ukraine which is a historically Ukrainian populated area in Siberia next to the Atlantic).

Cropped-Green-Ukraine-II.jpg

There recently were news of Russia setting up trenches in Belgorod, so Ukrainians moving into Belgorod is 0,001% more likely than them moving into Krasnodar (aka still not likely but we have pictures of anti-tank trenches so there's that :huntyga:).

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
Illuminati

It is unsustainable for Ukraine to just sit and wait for their cities to be leveled as Russia exploits this well known weakness of its defense.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

As opposed to most countries, Ukraine had its territorial peak pre-2014. However, after WW1 Ukrainians advocated for more encompassing borders, which led to the creation of this map which includes the Ukrainian populated areas in North Caucasus (former Circassian lands that were settled by Russians and Ukrainians after the Circassians were wipped off). Ultra-nationalists in Ukraine may want to see this come to fruition, but there is zero chance for it to be implemented as Crimea alone would be hard to take back and that is a region they DID control. 

1200px-Map_of_Ukraine_(postcard_1919).jp

(As a fun fact: Also something lesser known is Green Ukraine which is a historically Ukrainian populated area in Siberia next to the Atlantic).

Cropped-Green-Ukraine-II.jpg

There recently were news of Russia setting up trenches in Belgorod, so Ukrainians moving into Belgorod is 0,001% more likely than them moving into Krasnodar (aka still not likely but we have pictures of anti-tank trenches so there's that :huntyga:).

Thank you for all this info. I LOVE your threads and posts by the way. I LOVE reading ppl talk, debate and inform about history and geopolitics in general. It's my passion. I spend all my time in the Map P subreddit and other ones such as that lol. As well as Quora and I feel like you do too lol!  :heart: 

• Love 2