šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kim Petras on DrLuke: "I have nothing to be ashamed of"

Dojo

Featured Posts

23 hours ago, LadyEnigma said:

I think EVERYONE who works with Dr. Luke should be ****ing ashamed, I get that she is pretty much the only one getting **** on for it but it is deserved criticism...why would she say that she is not ashamed working with a known abuser? She's talented but that is just nasty.

And thatā€™s why she gets slammed lmao sheā€™s like the most vocal about standing with him lmao

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, nswain1110 said:

The hate towards Kim working w/ Dr Luke is way LOUDER than it is for Dr. Luke being an actual abuser himselfā€¦

Do you see how thatā€™s odd? Weird? Twisted? Itā€™s almostĀ as if you care more about vilifying a trans woman than you doĀ about the actual abuses that Dr Luke has perpetuated šŸ¤”

Ā 

Wellā€¦thatā€™s because everyone basically agreed heā€™s an abuser lmao thereā€™s not much else to say there lol the only reason the Kim stuff has any weight is bc basically everyone is in agreement he sucks. It doesnā€™t warrant mentioning when everyone knows and agreesĀ already?

Cameltoe Chariot

So now weā€™re down to calling Kim Petras fans ā€œpathetic losersā€ and advocating for ā€œbrutal murderā€ in this thread.

Theres a lot of extremely inappropriate comments being thrown around, interesting that itā€™s all coming from one particular side.

RAMROD

Y'all using Kim's gender to defend her shxtty attitude and calling peopleĀ transphobic for a valid judgement is giving Karen energy when they brought up that they are a good christian woman and don't Ā deserve any of the treatment they get for being unpleasantĀ :lmao:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

gaga4lifer
1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Okay what the actual f*ckĀ :bear:

?

Ora et labora, Deus adest sine mora

Cameltoe Chariot
9 minutes ago, gab said:

?

I think we can denounce rape and rapists without advocating for brutal murder.

Andrea B

I want to believe that she only tweeted those things because she was really mad, but still, how stvpid you have to be to tweet that, it could hurt your career and even worse, it could hurt a victim.

Ā 

and its not weird that people are pointing their finger at Kim all the time on twitter, she's trans and people seem to think that we have to be empaths or politically correct because we have suffered so much, we've been ''victims'' too(another example is Caitlyn:partysick:).

Ā 

I'm not saying people shouldn't say things to Kim, I'm just explaining WHY I think people are always criticizing her so much and not others as much as her

Werewolves Wanted
1 hour ago, SEANGT said:

I just think it's crossing a line to say (as some do, not you really)Ā that anyone that works with somebody that has done crimes is in support of that in any way. It's not Kim Petras' job to account for patriarchy and our criminal justice system. She's trying to do her job. Also - she can like who she likes. Abusers are not universal assholes. It's just so blown out of proportion.Ā 

I see where youā€™re coming from. Especially since, youā€™re right, it is very much an individualā€™s experience. Dr Luke could be awful to one person and nice to Kim. I think this boils down to what people believe should be done to help individuals who are in awful situations. Dr Luke is (was?) a powerful individual. Kesha is currently fighting an uphill battle in terms of the legal circus she has found herself in. Whether Kim wants to take that into account is up to her discretion. I also think that people also really highlight the fact that Kim choosesĀ to work with Luke. The point youā€™re makingĀ feels like a similar veinĀ of the ā€œshould gay people/allies work at or eat at Chic-fil-aā€ argument. It is really up to the individual, but it doesnā€™t really shock me to see people who may feel betrayed by those who do associate with them. Especially when these issues are so deeply rooted in emotions. People giving backlash to Kim arenā€™t robbing her of her job, theyā€™re giving a reaction to her actions. And honestly, that just comes with the territory. She knows what she walked into, sheā€™s been lightly addressing this for years, but continues to do so. People have a right to be mad at her just as she has a right to keep working with Luke. If she wants people to stop giving her flack, she should either not pay attention or reevaluate her actions. Otherwise, it really is going to come with the territoryĀ 

Meruk Holland
2 hours ago, Dayman said:

When asked about the nature of her agreement with Luke, Petras was vague but implied it wasnā€™t possible for her to severe professional ties with the producer, saying: ā€œSo people want me to quit making music? Because thatā€™s the option.ā€"

Honestly, yeah. It sucks that she's been put into that situation, but that's the cost of a clean conscience. If she is shackled to a contract to the point that she either has to quit music or continue to support an alleged rapist, then its up to her to decide which path she takes. I get that's dream-killing but unless she can get out of the contract somehow, that's the unfairness life has dealt her.Ā 

To that end, I can understand how she could justify her decision and be defensive of it; in fact, its a common conundrum in our world.Ā But it comes with it's own consequences, like being labeled a sh!tty person. I wouldn't be surprised if her defensiveness stems from the fact that she, at least subconsciously,Ā agrees with that sentiment, that she has compromised her morals for her dream career. That or she truly is someone who doesn't care about anyone but herself.Ā 

7 hours ago, Meruk Holland said:

Honestly, yeah. It sucks that she's been put into that situation, but that's the cost of a clean conscience. If she is shackled to a contract to the point that she either has to quit music or continue to support an alleged rapist, then its up to her to decide which path she takes. I get that's dream-killing but unless she can get out of the contract somehow, that's the unfairness life has dealt her.Ā 

To that end, I can understand how she could justify her decision and be defensive of it; in fact, its a common conundrum in our world.Ā But it comes with it's own consequences, like being labeled a sh!tty person. I wouldn't be surprised if her defensiveness stems from the fact that she, at least subconsciously,Ā agrees with that sentiment, that she has compromised her morals for her dream career. That or she truly is someone who doesn't care about anyone but herself.Ā 

Honestly there is so much to it that is straight up shady on Lukes involvement in her career (and lack of involvement)Ā  that people gloss over because Kim has an inability to speak about the situation in a way that is supportive of Kesha - but there have been contracts with him since the beginning and we don't the exact details of them, but we know that others who have contracts with Luke in any capacity are barred from speaking negatively about him in any capacity. Kim seems desperate to just protect herself and it gets her in trouble though.

Ā 

The biggest biggest thing that made me realize that her situation is a mess too is the fact that she worked with Aaron Joseph as her producer pretty much entirely until the last 2 releases she did - every single last song Aaron Joseph has a credit on so does Luke. That is because Aaron Joseph was given a production deal by Luke. Thats not even touching on the fact that Aaron and her apparently were romantically involved as well at some point (Allegedly). When looking at the situation and her comments and ways she has tried to defend herself and also not speak out too far against Luke in a way that gets her in legal trouble - it all makes a lot more sense.

Ā 

It's just a sad picture of the music industry and how men like Luke hold so much power over artists. There is this idea that a performer is on the same level as a producer or as their management, etc. but the reality is the performers are usually treated as the lowest on the totem pole of power despite being the most public of the machine. They are the product not the manufacturer.

ALittleMonsta
6 hours ago, Dayman said:

Honestly there is so much to it that is straight up shady on Lukes involvement in her career (and lack of involvement)Ā  that people gloss over because Kim has an inability to speak about the situation in a way that is supportive of Kesha - but there have been contracts with him since the beginning and we don't the exact details of them, but we know that others who have contracts with Luke in any capacity are barred from speaking negatively about him in any capacity. Kim seems desperate to just protect herself and it gets her in trouble though.

Ā 

The biggest biggest thing that made me realize that her situation is a mess too is the fact that she worked with Aaron Joseph as her producer pretty much entirely until the last 2 releases she did - every single last song Aaron Joseph has a credit on so does Luke. That is because Aaron Joseph was given a production deal by Luke. Thats not even touching on the fact that Aaron and her apparently were romantically involved as well at some point (Allegedly). When looking at the situation and her comments and ways she has tried to defend herself and also not speak out too far against Luke in a way that gets her in legal trouble - it all makes a lot more sense.

Ā 

It's just a sad picture of the music industry and how men like Luke hold so much power over artists. There is this idea that a performer is on the same level as a producer or as their management, etc. but the reality is the performers are usually treated as the lowest on the totem pole of power despite being the most public of the machine. They are the product not the manufacturer.

I get what you're saying, but she could've just never replied to that one twitter reply "stop defending dr luke" and stayed silent. She doesn't have to reply to those tweets.

17 hours ago, alsemanche said:

I guess it's also fine when people work with r kelly by your logic, he's not a universal asshole after all and it's the artists'Ā freedom! Let's petition for Do What U Want to be back on streaming yaaaassĀ 

Sarcasm aside, I hope you realize how f*cking harmful and gross what you said is. Nothing is blown out of proportion. Wtf are y'all even saying at this point?Ā 

It's blown out of proportion I said what I said lol. Kim doesn't have to avoid Dr. Luke because he abused somebody else. She can make her own work decisions for her own career. She has no responsibility here.Ā 

Gaga had no responsibility to address R Kelly either. But she did, so good for her.Ā 

R Kelly and Dr. Luke should be in jail. But I'm not cancelling Gaga or Kim or anyone and everyone these men associated with. I'm only cancelling them.Ā 

alsemanche
22 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

It's blown out of proportion I said what I said lol. Kim doesn't have to avoid Dr. Luke because he abused somebody else. She can make her own work decisions for her own career. She has no responsibility here.Ā 

Gaga had no responsibility to address R Kelly either. But she did, so good for her.Ā 

R Kelly and Dr. Luke should be in jail. But I'm not cancelling Gaga or Kim or anyone and everyone these men associated with. I'm only cancelling them.Ā 

then congrats on being part of the problem

Soft, soothing, and succulent

ALGAYDO
59 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

ā€œItā€™s okay to support rapists because the world is full of themā€ is basically your take? Really? After saying abusers arenā€™t automatically assholes? What is it with people thinking that rape is something you can just ignore? Seems weird af. Like, try telling a victimĀ of rape ā€œsorry you got raped, but Iā€™m going to defend and support the person that raped you because they make good music. And if you donā€™t like it, get over it because thereā€™s a lot of rapists in the worldā€Ā 

ALGAYDO
18 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Theres a lot of extremely inappropriate comments being thrown around, interesting that itā€™s all coming from one particular side.

I mean, canā€™t you see why? People have an extremely emotional response when talking about rape/abuse for a reason, for a lot of us itā€™s a harsh reality so seeing so many people literally support/defendĀ rapists and abusers will obviously trigger very emotionally-pointed responsesĀ 

Archived