💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bob Dylan issues apology over his autopenned signatures

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Bob Dylan took to social media to explain that his “error in judgement” was partly due to a “bad case of vertigo” that made signing his new Simon & Schuster-published book difficult during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I’ve been made aware that there’s some controversy about signatures on some of my recent artwork prints and on a limited-edition of Philosophy of Modern Song,” Dylan wrote on Facebook. “I’ve hand-signed each and every art print over the years, and there’s never been a problem.”

He continued, “However, in 2019 I had a bad case of vertigo and it continued into the pandemic years. It takes a crew of five working in close quarters with me to help enable these signing sessions, and we could not find a safe and workable way to complete what I needed to do while the virus was raging. So, during the pandemic, it was impossible to sign anything and the vertigo didn’t help. With contractual deadlines looming, the idea of using an auto-pen was suggested to me, along with the assurance that this kind of thing is done ‘all the time’ in the art and literary worlds.
Using a machine was an error in judgment and I want to rectify it immediately. I’m working with Simon & Schuster and my gallery partners to do just that.
With my deepest regrets,
Bob Dylan"

Following the early November release of The Philosophy of Modern Song, fans who spent $599 on a limited-edition run of 900 copies — which came with a letter of authenticity from Simon & Schuster — began sharing images of their autographs through social media, only to find that they were exactly alike with no variation. Buyers quickly came to the conclusion that the special edition had been inscribed using an autopen, which prompted the publisher to issue an apology and offer refunds.
source 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Kdavies12

This is so bad and not excusable in my opinion. I purchased one of these books and they weren’t cheap (£500 or $600). Clearly Bob and his team are just sorry they got caught.

Who I feel more sorry for are the people who bought art (selling for up to $25k) and they are autopenned… wonder how he’s going to sort this one out! 

Controversiaga
9 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Who’s Bob Dylan 

Where r u from?

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

elijahfan

If you're physically unable to sign 900 books, what about not doing it and not tricking people into spending $599 for a fake? How about that? There's no acceptable excuse here. Some artists are really starting to take their fans for nothing more than cash cows and it's not cute, especially coming from a legend like him. Completely disgraceful.

Vertigo didn't prevent you from pocketing those checks.

AnglerfishbraBENUS
17 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Who’s Bob Dylan?

only the original writer and performer of Make You Feel My Love among other countless mega hits 💀

ryanxjensen

Remember when Nicki got caught doing the same, lol

theres one autograph authentication site that I was reading the other day about the new Taylor Swift signed photo promotion, they did the math & estimated that she would have to sign 200,000 copies in order for every copy to be legitimate so I’m wondering if there may be some auto pen going on there as well…

Teletubby
1 hour ago, ryanxjensen said:

Remember when Nicki got caught doing the same, lol

Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber did it too. They sold thousands of "signed" CDs to get #1 on the Hot 100 then after over 10 months their fans got autopenned CDs.
En3o9fFXMAEA94k?format=jpg&name=large

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Sneaky Oliver
10 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber did it too. They sold thousands of "signed" CDs to get #1 on the Hot 100 then after over 10 months their fans got autopenned CDs.

Imagine scamming people in the middle of a global pandemic, I’m surprised they didn’t get canceled because of that!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

androiduser
27 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

but these all look different? and you see the pen pressure changing

ryanxjensen

Bob Dylan had 17 different variations in his apparently so I imagine Justin and Ariana did the same, 

with the auto pen it’s more like a stamp, so I guess the only way to be certain is if the ink bleeds through the paper like a sharpie would sometimes, but on thicker card stock it might be hard to tell.. 

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, androiduser said:

but these all look different? and you see the pen pressure changing

many people got refund, they wouldn't do it if these weren't fake

and these JB are also fake, they already did it with Yummy and these signatures failed the authentication test

Archived