MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

Emma Corrin: "Oscars categories should be gender neutral"

Dojo

Should Oscar categories go all gender neutral?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Should Oscar categories go all gender neutral?

• Yes.
    • No.

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Dojo

• JusticeforVenus

• ControversiaGa

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The point of the two categories IS equality. Imagine the meltdowns if all four awards went to men in one season.

I see both sides of the argument. Yes, in an ideal world without sexism, these types of awards wouldn’t need to be gendered because men and women (and NB) would held to the same standard. But that’s n

Listen... as a queer person I get where she's coming from, but like 95% of the world fits comfortably in the gender binary lol I miss  the days when queer people celebrated being the weirdos of s

RAMROD

Like what they did to MTV Movie Awards? No thx :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ my anxiety is chronic but our coffee’s iconic (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

The competition would be twice as stiff with 1 Actor and 1 Supporting Actor award each year.. I understand the sentiment for sure, I don't know how it would be resolved.. maybe a 3rd category for the 1 best actor of the year? lol idk

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1

surprise to see those results on the platform devoted to a woman that fights for equality, inclusivity and kindness. 

IMO gendered categories will continue to become more oppressive as our society continues to evolve and awards could at least make the effort to become more inclusive and not being so reluctant about having this conversation.

Edited by Dojo
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1
badfaith
9 minutes ago, weed said:

The competition would be twice as stiff with 1 Actor and 1 Supporting Actor award each year.. I understand the sentiment for sure, I don't know how it would be resolved.. maybe a 3rd category for the 1 best actor of the year? lol idk

The best actress and best actor should definitely battle on stage to get the ultimate best actor of the year :sharon:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 5
1 minute ago, badfaith said:

The best actress and best actor should definitely battle on stage to get the ultimate best actor of the year :sharon:

it would be a different group of people in my fantasy :sis: not for 1 specific role maybe but for their body of work that year? idk lmaooo like THE actor of the year

JusticeforVenus

Capital mess... Imagine if one year, only white men win, many will cry for years  and many will try to burn the academy even if the actors totally deserve their awards.

Stop giving messy ideas. 

I guess , they should add another category for non binary.

Edited by JusticeforVenus
  • Like 5
ALGAYDO

I see both sides of the argument. Yes, in an ideal world without sexism, these types of awards wouldn’t need to be gendered because men and women (and NB) would held to the same standard. But that’s not reality at the moment. If they didn’t gender these awards, men would dominate like 80% of all the awards because of your misogynistic society. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
Helxig

Controversial opinion incoming... I also think that sports shouldn't be gendered, just separated by weight/size class

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2
ControversiaGa

Wow. They should be gender neutral.  Where do non-binary and they/them-ers fit? It’s unfair. They exist.  There is no point in awarding the best penis owner and best vagina owner . There is no point is separating the categories based on genitalia or outward gender performance.

Disappointed to see so many of y’all against this revolutionary idea.  instead of BEST ACTOR/ACTRESS they could separate these categories by film genre so that there is no single BEST actor/actress of the night, but a BEST for each genre of film.  Award and recognize people for their work and performance, not their gender !

Formerly RihBeyGa
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1
ControversiaGa
17 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Controversial opinion incoming... I also think that sports shouldn't be gendered, just separated by weight/size class

No controversial imo. I agree with this

Formerly RihBeyGa
  • Like 1
JusticeforVenus

Grammys are like that and look what a HUGE MESS it is. But well, whatever, I guess people will always complain and complain.

• Thanks 1