💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga do a "Homecoming" style Coachella performance?

GypsyVida

Featured Posts

GypsyVida

In 2018, Beyonce made history by being the first ever black female to headline Coachella. She put together a masterful and intricate performance for the crowd and filmed it for Netflix. It really was a moment in pop culture. Not to mention the iconic "Everybody Mad" dance break!

beyonce-coachella.gif

As we all know, Gaga was planned to surprise-headline Coachella 2020 before it was cancelled due to COVID-19. I'm sure she was planning a special Chromatica themed set as the festival would have happened about a week after the album would've dropped (April 10th).

How would you feel about Gaga doing Coachella again (remember she headlined in 2017 to fill in for Beyonce while she was pregnant with her twins) in 2023 or 2024, and made it a dream performance for Little Monsters? I'm talking a 2.5 to 3 hour show full of the hits, fan favorites, and super deep cuts. Outfit changes, choreography, a special stage and catwalk set up just for her, lights, pyrotechnics, lots of backup dancers, interludes, special new mixes of songs, new choreo arrangements, etc.

She pulls out all the stops, and the best part is that it's filmed for Netflix and a live album is made available for streaming. Would you be here for it?

Personally this is a dream of mine. Either this or a short stadium tour with a similar performance.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

2 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

She needs to headline Glastonbury it’s long overdue. 

Yeah, Coachella 2017 was a moment and we‘re thankful for it. The only thing bigger is Glastonbury and she‘s deserving of that! 

⟡ ⋆ ËšïœĄâ‹†đŸŠąâ‹† ËšïœĄâ‹†âŸĄ

artpopulace

A festival tour in 2023 with Rock in Rio, Glastonbury, Coachella, and more (especially Asia) would be nice. Or a stadium tour--hope she could do one without any supporting album 

the milky way is đ“”đ“Čđ“«đ“źđ“»đ“Șđ“œđ“Čđ“·đ“°

MaybeKermit

To be very very honest I don’t think Gaga’s (team) is capable of doing sth like that

their shows are mostly just the same old choreography to each song, without any real “storyline” or innovative aspect

(TCB was mostly coherent due to interludes etc) 

what I like about Beyonce is that she and her team aren’t afraid to perform certain songns a different way (and I’m not talking piano version instead of studio(, to create 5-10 minute dance breaks, to shine light on other performers during the show

It all feels very connected

Gaga’s show are usually more standard format as I said, meaning the usual choreography with the standard version of the song

9 hours ago, Funkymonkey said:

To be very very honest I don’t think Gaga’s (team) is capable of doing sth like that

their shows are mostly just the same old choreography to each song, without any real “storyline” or innovative aspect

(TCB was mostly coherent due to interludes etc) 

what I like about Beyonce is that she and her team aren’t afraid to perform certain songns a different way (and I’m not talking piano version instead of studio(, to create 5-10 minute dance breaks, to shine light on other performers during the show

It all feels very connected

Gaga’s show are usually more standard format as I said, meaning the usual choreography with the standard version of the song

Basically this. Gaga's live performances are so good because she's an electrifying performer. We've heard JD, PF, and BR in each and every tour and they were always the same. She doesn't do new versions for the tours nor she presents them in a spectacular way that doesn't involve choreography/dancers. The last time I remember being awe-struck by her props was the Fame Monster and the Living Dress on TMBT 2.0 and that was like 12 years ago. CBT was amazing and I have no complaints performance-wise but I'd love to see her go for something like Like a Virgin @ Confessions Tour (which is leagues above the original) or Slow @ Aphrodite Les Folies. 

That being said I demand new versions for each tour, tours being professionally filmed and live albums being made available on the streaming platforms for every tour from now on tyvm. :iamfair:

EDIT: I just remembered the Judas/Scheisse robot thing at the Enigma. More of that please :pray:

No, because all this pomp and show doesn’t fit with Gaga’s personality. She’s a quirky little oddball that wants others like her to feel at home while watching her performances. Not tower over them and pretend to be a queen or something (no shade) 

berlinforme
1 hour ago, Meat said:

No, because all this pomp and show doesn’t fit with Gaga’s personality. She’s a quirky little oddball that wants others like her to feel at home while watching her performances. Not tower over them and pretend to be a queen or something (no shade) 

Ehhhh, isn't all this pomp and show literally what made Gaga great? She could always rely on her talent and vocal abilities, but the shows and live performances were IT. Her tours are still among the best but personally I think they lack the over the top wow factor or any big surprising elements. It's just the (very high) standard I'm used to by her now. 

And again: Good for her if she doesn't feel like she needs all that. She truly doesn't. But as a fan I'd love some more spectacle every now & then. 

i feel like Gaga doesn't have THE TIME to put on a elaborate show anymore

she's been way too busy for years now that live shows are just not a main priority and they need to be rushed and get it done to move to the next

1 hour ago, berlinforme said:

Ehhhh, isn't all this pomp and show literally what made Gaga great? She could always rely on her talent and vocal abilities, but the shows and live performances were IT. Her tours are still among the best but personally I think they lack the over the top wow factor or any big surprising elements. It's just the (very high) standard I'm used to by her now. 

And again: Good for her if she doesn't feel like she needs all that. She truly doesn't. But as a fan I'd love some more spectacle every now & then. 

It’s not the same type of spectacle. There’s a huge difference in the type of showmanship they both have. BeyoncĂ© likes everything to be big and perfect while Gaga likes to shock people. Not even close to being the same thing.

1 hour ago, Dojo said:

i feel like Gaga doesn't have THE TIME to put on a elaborate show anymore

she's been way too busy for years now that live shows are just not a main priority and they need to be rushed and get it done to move to the next

Also this. Gaga has a million projects on her mind at any given point. She can’t afford to focus on one performance like that. The only time she rehearsed for so long was for the Sound of Music tribute and that was still like 2 months or something. 

8 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I have visions of Gaga headlining Glastonbury and it being absolutely insane.  I think they may be saving her for their next big anniversary.

She embodies what Glastonbury is.

CAPRISONGS
10 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I Completely agree but also I live 5 minutes away from Glastonbury and if I didn't get tickets id be crushed

Archived