💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Gothic alt/rock albums?

RaraBitch

Featured Posts

RaraBitch

I'm looking for gloomy albums for the winter, bonus points for having an Americana small-town aesthetics and religious subtexts. For now these are the 3 perfect albums I'd use to describe what I'm looking for & I can't find anything close to them that doesn't sound overly forced-radio-friendly or electronic.

ab67616d0000b27338ca3814f34fb27d4fb45e90 Allie X - Cape God

Ethel-Cain-Preachers-Daughter-2022.jpg Ethel Cain - Preacher's Daughter

florence_and_the_machine_dance_fever.jpeg Florence + The Machine - Dance Fever

sarcamstic

came here to recommend both cape god & preachers daughter! glad you know of those gems :vegas: 

not exactly gothic alt/rock, but an EP that gives me those small town, hollow music vibes is troye sivan’s “in a dream” EP!!

flying like 1000 birds

RaraBitch
4 minutes ago, sarcamstic said:

came here to recommend both cape god & preachers daughter! glad you know of those gems :vegas: 

they take place in the same universe to me :giggle: and thanks i will check out that ep! :heart:

Oriane
47 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

If you like Spanish music and want goth/industrial then definitely Tarantula by Monica Naranjo

i1071659826.jpg?pictureSize=W640

Why did you put a photo taken by a phone and not the original cover? Is it for texture? :air:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

HotLikeMexico
2 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Why did you put a photo taken by a phone and not the original cover? Is it for texture? :air:

Perhaps. 

tyler k

omg I was gonna recommend Preacher's Daughter when i saw your thread title it's such a fantastic album

easily my AOTY

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

RaraBitch
5 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

omg I was gonna recommend Preacher's Daughter when i saw your thread title it's such a fantastic album

easily my AOTY

the unapologetic 7-9 minute tracks with the god-tier and instrumental breaks and outros are too good :golfclap:

can't wait for the sequel EP and book + film.

tyler k
3 minutes ago, RaraBitch said:

the unapologetic 7-9 minute tracks with the god-tier and instrumental breaks and outros are too good :golfclap:

can't wait for the sequel EP and book + film.

Thoroughfare & Sun Bleached Flies are two of the best songs of the year WHEW

if you haven't seen her live yet you absolutely must!

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

huttont

Hozier_-_Hozier.png

Hozier_WastelandBaby.jpg

idk if this is what you are looking for but Hozier always reminds me of fall and winter. He can be very gloomy and his songs definitely have religious undertones.

LaLuna

Personally when I think of goth music I think of Batcave era, post-punk music like Bauhaus and Joy Division. Not sure that's what you're looking for though.

But as a huge Depeche Mode fan, I definitely recommend Songs of Faith and Devotion, it's their gloomiest album by far and very heavy on religious topics. You can also try Black Celebration. Both are considered goth/alt-rock classics.

Depeche_Mode_-_Songs_of_Faith_and_Devoti

Album-Black.jpg

Werewoof
36 minutes ago, huttont said:

Hozier_-_Hozier.png

Hozier_WastelandBaby.jpg

idk if this is what you are looking for but Hozier always reminds me of fall and winter. He can be very gloomy and his songs definitely have religious undertones.

Coming to give love to Preacher’s Daughter and to also second this!! I highly recommend “In the Woods Somewhere” off of his debut. It’s a good starter song 

Archived