đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift occupies the entire Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

27monster27
14 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

y tho. what’s wrong with an artist getting rewarded for working hard??

No I get it. She absolutely is talented and deserves recognition. However, no artist should take up this much of the hot 100 because its unfair to other people. I don't have an issue with non-singles charting, but there needs to be a limit on the amount of songs an artist can have charting at once.

he/him/his

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

h8 when this happens tbh :madge:

But i'm here for the Top 10 getting shook up in general. The same songs have been in it or too long. Hopefully As It Was, I Like You, I Aint Worried, etc. don't return. They're good enough bops but they've been in the chart for 5ever

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Taylor acting like this wasn't gonna happen when she released Bejeweled mv to push it into the Top 10:

200.gif

Billboard reported that with streaming numbers alone Taylor would have occupied the top 10. Maybe the songs would have been ordered differently though.

Illuminati
5 minutes ago, Killa said:

It still shouldnt happen that all the Tracks from an álbum chart. Its non sense. Which Will also make impossible for some 10 to 20 songs to have a shot. Its impossible that the songs are popular, people just listened to the álbum. Thats the hot 200 to count. Eitherwise these lists have no purpose 

She played by the established rules like everyone else (Gaga with the merch bundles for example). If hot 100 wasn't dictated by the streaming it would be dictated by sales or radio (still sadly very heavily counted) and it wouldn't rule out the possibility of some other artist pulling this off with a different tactic.

Think about what the chart is supposed to represent to begin with, what were the top 10 most popular songs of this week in the US? Hot 100 is not a curated playlist

I think you understand that everyone listening to this was consuming the entire album almost equally at once and not just the singles like it usually happens. Although this isn't a surprise release it did have a surprise sound to the listeners and there's been other artists that saw great success in that, for example Beyonce.

LadyxGaGa
9 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

No I get it. She absolutely is talented and deserves recognition. However, no artist should take up this much of the hot 100 because its unfair to other people. I don't have an issue with non-singles charting, but there needs to be a limit on the amount of songs an artist can have charting at once.

unfair to who tho, she isn’t being shady or doing anything wrong. she released an album and it’s a hit 

everyone else has the same chance as taylor. just none of their fans wanna support them like taylor’s support her 

StressedOut

The clarification that even if they didn't count sales or radio play she would have still done it puts this over the top.

She's incredible lol, so are her fans, I'm in awe.

27monster27
Just now, LadyxGaGa said:

unfair to who tho, she isn’t being shady or doing anything wrong. she released an album and it’s a hit 

everyone else has the same chance as taylor. just none of their fans wanna support them like taylor’s support her 

I don't mean that she has wronged people, I just mean that from a chart stats perspective it's not fair to other artists. A similar thing happened with Ed Sheeran on the UK charts in 2017, and the rules of the charts were changed to prevent that from happening again.

he/him/his

Regina George
17 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

this is crazy 

I’m not even a Taylor fan but I LOVE seeing women win for once. Everyone here should celebrate this. 

Archived