Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Did Future Nostalgia raised the bar?

Dojo

was the bar raised?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. was the bar raised?

• the bar was raised.
    • the bar remained in it's original position.
    • the bar lowered.

Featured Posts

welcome to retrospective fridays :sis:

200.gif

the critics and the general public refer to it as the defining album of the decade

but did it raised the bar? that's up to you to decide

bionic

Probably the only one of these threads (so far) where the answer is legitimately yes

buy bionic

Gagaism

Definitely, the album was refreshing for pop music. It’s one of those remarkable eras for sure. 

Togekiss

It was a very good album and deserves praise. But I personally feel like it’s something people are moving on from. Maybe if it hadn’t been a pandemic release it would have a better chance but it kind of feels almost like a pandemic Time Capsule if that makes sense.

building a daydream with hearts and spades

TEANUS

Absolutely. The retro sound was already on its way back but this era single-handedly made sure that it was to be the most prevalent genre in the then-coming decade. Also, she pushed the envelope HELLA with what stars thought they could do during the pandemic promotional wise, kudos to her and her management for having open minds and showing insane adaptability 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

PartySick

I never got the hype for this album tbh :spin:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

AlabasterBones

Enjoy a lot of Dua’s songs but I missed the train for FN, tbh. Could never fully commit to loving it. I think it’s a perfectly good album, I just don’t see it as groundbreaking or bar-raising in my eyes, I rarely listen to it now. I much preferred her debut album. I LOVED that and still listen to it often.

waterfall

this album and The Weeknd’s influence on kpop and western music is insane 

2020/2021 literally everyone was trying to capitalize on that retro/80s syncpop sound cuz these two smashed so hard

Archived