💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Netflix to launch 'basic' subscription with ads

NATAH

Featured Posts

n6brz4p7iq7j1mulo1nv.jpg

The platform will launch a new "Basics with Advert" subscription on November 3 at 4pm, costing just £4.99 a month - with a standard subscription remaining at £10.99. The package will offer all the features of Netflix’s Basic plan, but "with a few differences."

"Basic with Adverts also represents an exciting opportunity for advertisers – the chance to reach a diverse audience, including younger viewers who increasingly don’t watch linear TV, in a premium environment with a seamless, high-resolution adverts experience."

Subscribers of the new plan will be able to enjoy a "wide variety of great TV series and films" on a range of TV and mobile devices, but a limited number won't be available due to licensing restrictions. Content will exhibit an average of four to five minutes of ads per hour, between 15 to 30 seconds in length.

The news comes amid reports that Netflix are struggling to hold on to subscribers, after they lost nearly one million users between April and July of this year. Once the streaming pioneer, they are now up against multiple competitors including Amazon, Now TV and Disney Plus.

article: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/netflix-launch-cheaper-basic-subscription-28237043

:triggered:

diagram below comparing services with their 'basic' and premium plans:

Fe-YqeiXgAAlZqj?format=jpg&name=medium

mother, what must i do?

2 minutes ago, Lemonky said:

now they pay watching ads? :saladga: 

i just know they're gunna be the most annoying af adverts too, just like youtube

always screaming and making noise with ugly ass music

mother, what must i do?

well, it shouldn't matter, it's not like they are adding ads to the regular subscription anyways

if you need to save some $$ downgrade to basic and stfu complaining about ads, as simple as that 

1 minute ago, Dojo said:

well, it shouldn't matter, it's not like they are adding ads to the regular subscription anyways

if you need to save some $$ downgrade to basic and stfu complaining about ads, as simple as that 

or maybe they can stop wasting money on making garbage shows/movies and then they won't have a problem losing subs :cyanlights:

mother, what must i do?

RAMROD

I understand trying to target lower income market. But the one with ads should be free like the ones on Peacock. They just don't get to watch the movies and popular shows with such subscription. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Judas Oyster
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

i just know they're gunna be the most annoying af adverts too, just like youtube

always screaming and making noise with ugly ass music

1 hour ago, Dojo said:

1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

I understand trying to target lower income market. But the one with ads should be free like the ones on Peacock. They just don't get to watch the movies and popular shows with such subscription. 

Actually quality is gon be max 720p.

Not all shows will be able for Sub with ads - some are exclusive for higher-paying subs.

And it isn't possible to offline download.

ThisGuyTony

All these “basic” and “premium” plans sounding like, and getting as expensive as cable. :air: 

Alfonso
4 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

All these “basic” and “premium” plans sounding like, and getting as expensive as cable. :air: 

I mean, I always said it would happen eventually.. and then we'll either get a special cross platform subscription package or we're going back to cable hahaha

River

The problem is not the ads subscription, it’s a good deal for some people, the problem is that the standard is still locked on 1080p, the shitty premium is too expensive and not worth it when other streaming providers gives 4k dolby vision in their standard plan

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

1 hour ago, River said:

The problem is not the ads subscription, it’s a good deal for some people, the problem is that the standard is still locked on 1080p, the shitty premium is too expensive and not worth it when other streaming providers gives 4k dolby vision in their standard plan

tbh this :laughga: if it's the same quality as an illegal website, i'm just gunna save my money and suffer the funny p*rn ads instead

mother, what must i do?

Lona Delery

streaming is turning into regular TV again, the literal reason why it took off in the first place

such a kii

Pirate Bay is gonna see an increase in traffic the next few years

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Wolf Boy
9 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

streaming is turning into regular TV again

Yup, this was always warned to eventually happen, and here we are. 

Archived