elijahfan 27,596 Posted October 16, 2022 Share Posted October 16, 2022 6 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said: Cmon now we have thrift stores everywhere!!!! It's time to spend better. I used to be one of those people who cared bout price the most and ordered on Shein, Aliexpress etc, but then you realize quality is ****, not sustainable, the time it takes to ship it to you it pollutes too much and u need a capsule wardrobe. So have less clothes but better clothes that are timeless and in good quality so that they last decades if not ur whole life I mean I'm very happy that you've come to this realization, but many people have not unfortunately. Also, thrift store prices are not what they used to be, if you know what I mean. Sustainability is great, but not necessarily accessible to most. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,173 Posted October 16, 2022 Share Posted October 16, 2022 17 hours ago, Suuus said: Exactly exspecially because some people may not be able to afford more exspensive things But to treat them better it would have to get more expensive... U can't have ultra cheap stuff without some kind of exploitation as a general rule. No brand clothing or thrift shopping is an option if you can't afford brand clothes but don't want to support something vile Of course, then u can't rock nice new clothing So it comes down to choices. U have to decide what matters most to u and what u can live with Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted October 16, 2022 Share Posted October 16, 2022 39 minutes ago, elijahfan said: I mean I'm very happy that you've come to this realization, but many people have not unfortunately. Also, thrift store prices are not what they used to be, if you know what I mean. Sustainability is great, but not necessarily accessible to most. I agree thrift stores have gotten so arrogant or is it just me? Like a jacket for 100 euros??? what? I live in Paris so idk how it is in other cities but whats the point? Im better off buying brand new. It's so sad how the trend of vintage has made prices skyrocket and ruin the whole point of thrifting, to shop sustainibly for people who can't afford good clothes Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ProfessionalClown 10,647 Posted October 16, 2022 Share Posted October 16, 2022 14 hours ago, Enigma said: Thrift, buy secondhand. Considering thrifting is a trend now, barely any thrift stores are priced fairly. Went to a Burlington and the stuff was nearly retail price. Local thrift shop is selling stuff 2 times the price for vintage stuff Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Suuus 5,632 Posted October 16, 2022 Share Posted October 16, 2022 2 hours ago, Economy said: But to treat them better it would have to get more expensive... U can't have ultra cheap stuff without some kind of exploitation as a general rule. No brand clothing or thrift shopping is an option if you can't afford brand clothes but don't want to support something vile Of course, then u can't rock nice new clothing So it comes down to choices. U have to decide what matters most to u and what u can live with And what you can afford also its not like exspensive brands always persfect when it comes to employee treatment Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,173 Posted October 16, 2022 Share Posted October 16, 2022 Just now, Suuus said: And what you can afford also its not like exspensive brands always persfect when it comes to employee treatment For sure. But if u know a brand is particularly bad and ppl are talking about it being affordable... I say in that case don't be concerning urself with that. I'd rather find something else that is cheap if I'm in that boat Personally for me going slightly off topic. I prefer to have nice brand clothes but then I buy just a few. I prefer to spend more on fewer clothes than less on more clothes. Cuz I always end up using the pieces I like more anyway Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
IHE 563 Posted October 16, 2022 Share Posted October 16, 2022 Where is Britney gonna get her clothing now? 😔 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.