Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kim Petras calls out Pitchfork on Teenage Dream review+shades Billie Eilish

noa234

Featured Posts

Versace
16 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

the best commercial pop album of the 10s is adele’s 21, it’s literally the best selling all around and critically lauded, that’s what commercial means 

Commercial is also a term that can be used to describe how the album sonically comes across, it doesn’t only allude to commercial success. It can also be commercial appeal. Teenage Dream was made for radio, made to be accessible to all ages and played at all events/parties. Adele’s 21 did not sound commercial imo, it’s massive success was surprising to even Adele herself, as it was not intended to have the wide appeal it did meanwhile Teenage Dream was overseen by the likes of Max Martin and Bonnie Mckee to become a hit record. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Versace said:

Do you consider Born This Way commercial cause it was quite experimental sounding to me…

Oh you meant that way :bear: I apologise then. 

Teenage Dream does not deserve higher than 7/10 anyways. But I agree Pitchfork is a bit cruel to pop albums unless they're released by Beyoncé. 

Sneaky Oliver

She is kinda right. Critics and fans overall tend to appreciate more dark, melancholic and sexual content. Teenage Dream is funny, silly, happy pop music. It’s not appreciated enough. 
Even most of Gaga stans are obsessed with dark visuals, even if the “dark” is meaningless. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

I agree with pitchfork, it would be like a film publication giving transformers a 9/10, wouldn't happen, like yea it's fun but it's not super high quality and it's clearly made for commercial success. 

Guillaume Hamon

Actually Pitchfork was generous with TD.

It's catchy and fun but nothing groundbreaking to not say that it's not very imaginative and could have actually been many popstars album back then.

Butters Stotch

Mayhe at this point we should just stop caring about what Pitchfork says :awkney:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Catnikko

People still saying Billie 'whispers' is so annoying to me, it just reminds me of Alecia keys singing ocean eyes with billie and not being able to pull it off

she should've used another example to use to tell them they're stupid

Actual patient

RAMROD

Just she got a bit popular with new song, she does this lmao

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

thisguyN

That album, despite how much we all enjoy it, does not deserve anything above 6.8 critically.

Kim can take a seat, and try to produce quality music first before coming for Pitchfork or shading a peer who is much more successful than her.

Archived