💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Sam Smith ft. Kim Petras "Unholy” debuts at #1 in the UK

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Sam Smith and Kim Petras make a divine debut at the top of the Official Singles Chart with Unholy. 

Despite trailing in second place midweek behind David Guetta and Bebe Rexha, the juddering club track materialises at Number 1, racking up 5.9 million streams and gifting Sam Smith their eighth Number 1 single (and first in four years) and Kim Petras her first-ever UK chart topper. 

Sam’s previous Number 1s are; La La La with Naughty Boy (2013), Money On My Mind (2014), Stay With Me (2014), Lay Me Down feat. John Legend (2015), Writing’s On The Wall (2015), Too Good At Goodbyes (2017) and Promises with Calvin Harris (2018). 

David Guetta and Bebe Rexha’s dance bop I’m Good (Blue) - the most downloaded song of the week - slides down to Number 2, with just 1,400 chart units between the two singles. 

Elsewhere in the Top 10, there are new peaks from Chris Brown’s Under The Influence (7) and Luude & Mattafix with Big City Life (8). Steve Lacy finally sees Bad Habit (9) enter the Top 10, becoming the artist’s first Top 10 hit in the UK.

@Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal storm cloud🌩️。˚❀

I sum this thread like this

#Justice4I'mBlueI'mInNeed4AGuyIfIWasGreenIWouldDieDaBeDiDaBeDa

#FreeKesha

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, River said:

I sum this thread like this

#Justice4I'mBlueI'mInNeed4AGuyIfIWasGreenIWouldDieDaBeDiDaBeDa

#FreeKesha

faf.gif

6 minutes ago, bionic said:

Sad to see Chris Brown still has a career

it went viral on TikTok, this song is also in the top 30 in the US

@Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal storm cloud🌩️。˚❀

Joshie S

As per usual, I'd like to bring awareness to this important issue. I know the abusers name isn't attached to this specific song however it doesn't change facts.

#FreeKesha

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

6 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

As per usual, I'd like to bring awareness to this important issue. I know the abusers name isn't attached to this specific song however it doesn't change facts.

#FreeKesha

Dr Luke has absolutely nothing to do with this song..?

Joshie S
1 minute ago, MikeyL said:

Dr Luke has absolutely nothing to do with this song..?

I literally said I'm aware his name isn't credited to this song, however as this person decides to still be working with an abuser, the abuser is still profiting off this song.

So,

#FreeKesha

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

2 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

I literally said I'm aware his name isn't credited to this song, however as this person decides to still be working with an abuser, the abuser is still profiting off this song.

So,

#FreeKesha

Irrelevant

33 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

#FreeKesha

For full transparency, I'm a fan of Kim so I'm going to be biased and likely wrong in my thoughts. I respect your commitment to the issue but I think it's better to use that energy to go after the people and system directly involved in the case rather than someone associated, who is in this exact case is actually succeeding in stepping away from him. 

My logic is that when people jump on an artist for an issue, it only makes other people's dedication to them stronger. I remember when people got fiercely protective of Gaga during the R Kelly scandal, and that lasted for a very long time. 

In a way, the real issue is that established and successful male producers have such a hold over new female artists that feel compelled to do and say things they don't necessarily mean. Otherwise, they'll be out of a career and may not be able to get another shot. Going after these women doesn't really do much, because they're ultimately replaceable to the producer. 

And I really don't mean any of this in a mean way (sorry if it does come across that way). I just think the well-intended #freekesha on Kim Petras posts causes a needless amount of fighting among fans and nothing actually gets done about the problem.

On a side note, congrats to Sam and Kim. Those are some insane numbers. 

bionic
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

faf.gif

it went viral on TikTok, this song is also in the top 30 in the US

Yet another way in which TikTok is destroying the world :vegas: 

buy bionic

Reginald
2 hours ago, River said:

#Justice4I'mBlue

#JusticeForImGood

a-yu5C.gif

R9Ra.gif