đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Republicans spiral after Lizzo performed with a 200-year-old flute

Teletubby

Featured Posts

elijahfan
9 minutes ago, NicoB said:

the difference is that lizzo knows about its fragility, so she holds it and play it with care. different from kim that just ripped the whole dress

... she twerked with it, I wouldn't necessarily call that the most careful move. And let's no pretend like Kim wasn't aware and didn't care about the dress' fragility, at the end of the day the simple fact of moving the garment around and transporting it was a mistake and probably contributed to the alleged damage.

All in all, I'm not throwing stones at these ladies: as I mentioned, the decision and responsibility is ultimately the conservators'.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Night Vision

The same people who call everybody a snowflake are losing their minds over a damn flute :laughga: You couldn't make it up

CaliforniaDreamin
29 minutes ago, palma said:

Instruments need to be practiced as a part of their preservation ie to ensure they still function. Lizzo is a very talented flutist (the only one that has crossed over to mainstream that I can think of tbh) and this will bring attention to the LC’s collection so win-win.

The republicans worshipping relics of slave-owners and not deeming them worthy to a black woman is the crazy thing.

How bout Kim and Marylin’s clothes 

ChicaSkas
41 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Republican or not, I think it's a bit crazy to use a flute that has this much history

It's the Marilyn Monroe dress all over again

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Did James Madison even play the flute? Otherwise it seems like a weird gift :huh:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

NichuuB
20 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

this was an act of vanity that aimed only at filling kim's ego, which ended up destroying a historic piece.

As for Lizzo's, franchie really explained well:

28 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

For those who don't know, the Library of Congress lets musicians play old instruments from time to time. This is nothing new. Moreover, they are the ones who invited Lizzo, who is a classically trained flautist, to play it for just a few seconds. No damage was done to the flute. The Library of Congress says it worked with curators and Capitol Police to make sure the flute was handled properly and safely. This isn't the same as Kim wearing Monroe's dress. 

Property of @Whale

Dr Fudge

“Republicans spiral”

There, fixed the title to make it more inclusive of all republicans :iamfair:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

34 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

...Yeah you don't really need to test costumes' wearability to conserve them I think so... no correlation.

On the contrary Kim K destroyed Marilyn's dress - something Lizzo did not do to the piece in question.

DelusionalGaga

To me this situation is actually similar to the Marilyn dress, in the sense that people are obviously pretending to be outraged about these supposedly sacred objects, when in reality no one gives a damn and have never cared about them before. Sometimes people want to be angry for no reason at all. 

1 hour ago, Oriane said:

Did James Madison even play the flute? Otherwise it seems like a weird gift :huh:

I read that Lizzo was the first person to ever play this flute, which I guess means Madison didn't? I dunno.

53 minutes ago, Economy said:

Where does it say if they are Republican tho?

Not sure what you mean. The people quoted in the OP are well-known right-wing political commentators.

Flippy

Not the deportation comments :madge: Rude.

Anyway, good for Lizzo! We love to see it :ohwell:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

CannaeDrive

There is nothing to see here, using centuries old music instruments have been a regular occurrence in the music world, be it 18th century harpsichords, Stradivarius violins or even Medieval/Renaissance instruments. Some group performing exclusively music from a specific era do this regularly.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived