• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moonlight on Water

Day 15: A song that is a cover by another artist

she/her

StrawberryBlond

Day 15:

Came to my attention when it played over the credits of Paris Hilton's documentary. A great song in its original format, an absolutely phenomenal cover that hits completely different when sang as a ballad. I'd always said that the original, while such a happy song, always made me feel weirdly sad in a way and I think it's because the lyrics really shine through as quite serious when sang this way, especially "some boys take a beautiful girl and hide her away from the rest of the world, I wanna be the one to walk in the sun." It really is a feminist song with a deeper message than we give it credit for. And this song was a perfect fit for the end of the documentary, it perfectly describes Paris's life to a tee. Like many, I didn't have a lot of time for Paris before watching this but afterwards, to quote a commenter: "I now wish her all the love and happiness life can possibly bring her."

Teletubby

day 15
(Badfinger cover)

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

RenegAde

DAY FIFTEEN

A SONG THAT IS A COVER BY ANOTHER ARTIST

I really hate that the cover of this song is more popular than the original!!!!!!!

Screenshot-20221002-213948-Apple-Music-1

ORIGINAL

COVER

@ALittleMonsta @A D A M @Anderson123  @Shav33l @TasteLikeWhiskey @NATAH @Nao tem  @JakubM316  @Poltergeist @Lady JarJar @danbekim  @Nite  @Mother of Puppies  @AUARAOFSHEISSE  @Monstruous  @fraann  @Teletubby  @ProfessionalClown  @Grim @brizoda @Flippy  @deactivated001  @Chesescake @John Wayne @huttont  @TheFriend @SamanthaC  @Franch Toast  @Lady Gaga 2009  @ELECTROHEART  @Concertaholic  @PartySick @RAMROD @Blackout19  @Guillaume Hamon @SimonBaetens  @Seringai  @StrawberryBlond  @TEANUS @alsemanche @BeautyisaLie  @thisboyisamonster  @Rahrahbitchson @littlepotter  @Ivy  @Nemo  @SlaeUrAnus

Mother of Puppies

A SONG THAT IS A COVER BY ANOTHER ARTIST

this is the only song that comes to mind that I ****ing love... and I actually prefer it over the original songs (even though Elton has basically covered himself :billie:) I know it's a mix of 4 old Elton songs

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Franch Toast

Day 15: Song That is a Cover By Another Artist 

I adore Faye Wong's Cantonese-language cover of The Cranberries' "Dreams," shown here in this sequence form Wong Kar-wai's fabulous film, Chungking Express. 

She/Her/Hers

alsemanche

Day 15:

the cover:

the original:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

SharkmanthaC

Day 15

The entry I probably should have used for the Grammys this round. :bradley:

she/her/hers

Archived