💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Broadway production of "The Phantom of the Opera" to close in February

DavidJP

Featured Posts

It has been confirmed that the broadway staple, and longest running show in history, The Phantom of the Opera will play its final performance in February at the majestic theatre! 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE-PHANTOM-OF-THE-OPERA-the-Longest-Running-Broadway-Show-of-All-Time-Sets-Closing-Date-20220916

Although not the biggest fan of the show, I love the music and am very surprised they are shutting it next year.... It has been a staple since the late 80's but according to the New York post has been losing around $1 Million a month since re opening in October 2021. 

CoolTrainerTerry

Honestly, never got into it. Still, that's incredibly shocking. I'm sure people are going to somehow equate this to having her played by a POC. 

Controversiaga

Very sad.  A reminder that nothing can last forever.  But unfortunately ticket sales for this show have tanked within the last 5 years :/ 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Borisapillar
30 minutes ago, RihBeyGa said:

Very sad.  A reminder that nothing can last forever.  But unfortunately ticket sales for this show have tanked within the last 5 years :/ 

omg your Return to Oz avatar :enigma:

CatelynnMarie

Whoa I’m SHOOK. I guess it’s time, but wow. I remember seeing this the first time and being SO moved and totally unexpected. I went into it not seeing the film/ not knowing anything about it and it kinda changed my life a bit. I’m hoping to see it once more before it leaves, but if not I’m grateful I got to see it when I did 

Roughhouse Dandy

I really thought they'd keep it going forever just out of principle.😱

Hated the show until I saw it for myself live, then became enamored. I guess it's time to buy tickets and see it on Broadway before they turn it into another crappy tenor-led pop show that'll close in 3 months. 

This is my Hannah Montanaâ„ąïž lipgloss.

Controversiaga
3 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

omg your Return to Oz avatar :enigma:

My fav childhood movie :kiss:

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

gagaforgaga2010

I am actually really devastated. This was my first show on Broadway. My last experience I had with one of my grandmothers before she had a stroke literally the next day and developed dementia. My first exposure to non-Disney/Rodgers & Hammerstein musical theatre. Growing up I always dreamed of being in this show on Broadway. Lookwise I am not a Phantom ot Raoul, but in college I learned I could easily step into one of the supporting male roles. Now that I am growing into that type and getting to the point where I could auditions for these roles, the show is closing. It's the death of a dream for now. And when and if it is revived, it will never be the Hal Prince & Maria Bjornson extravaganza that has dazzled for 35 years. 

Archived