đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Pop Music

Featured Posts

LadyEnigma

i’ve been looking around but can anyone link me to a possible alternate cover art vinyl or signed bundle without the cassette? thanks in advance if they exist :pawsup:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

For a second album I think it's pretty good but maybe that's because I had like no expectations about it. I've listened to her debut a couple times but the one I keep going back to is STFU but overall I'm not really a Rina super fan. I do know what it's like to have an album you anticipate so much only for it to not be your cup of tea, this happened to me with Solar Power.

alsemanche

Just finished listening and... yeah this ain't it sadly. 

I skipped most songs because they just bored/annoyed me and most of it didn't stick. 

Holy is good, probably my favorite

Imagining is cute, not a huge fan of the verses but the chorus is interesting 

Frankenstein is also a highlight, could have been great if it weren't for the "i don't wanna be a monster" repeated 500 times and had a longer outro instead. but still, very good track, second fav after Holy

Send My Love To John is a cute ballad, I don't love it but it's not a skip at least

The rest is just skip after skip sadly :bear:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Disappointed, I thought she had found her style with SAWAYAMA. I wasn't expecting her to keep doing the exact same thing for every album but she went from something experimental, where she mixed different styles/influences I'd never heard before, to something bland and basic that anyone else could have done.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

I enjoy it. It's not a pop album. I don't think anyone should have gotten that impression over the last few months. I can tell the lyrics are very sentimental. 

phantasmas

Finally fully listened to the album while I was tipsy a few min ago and all I can say is this is absolutely meant to be an album meant to heal Rina and her friends which is why some of u ungrateful homos won’t accept it into ur hearts  :fatcat: because u weren’t a part of their story or can’t relate :bradley:

anyway, STAN RINA

I cant wait to see her live in concert soon :tony:

Magneto

OMG, I really like this! Holy slaps so hard! Her debut was amazing, but this feels more accessible and I'm loving the throwback vibes.

Also: for the people saying the album isn't experimental enough. What were you expecting based on the singles she put out? :oprah:

Free my mind

I am absolutely shocked at some of the reviews in this thread. I loved this album start to finish. The production was heavy, unique, and pulsing, like it felt each song had its own distinct personality and everything worked together as a whole even though so many genres were being addressed. The lyrics felt insanely personal and honest, you can tell she put every piece of her heart into every line. Send My Love To John sent me into a full on breakdown in front of my breakfast for like ten minutes. If I could describe this album to anyone, the one word I would use to describe it is “important”. That idea of caring for our inner child and reconciling with the traumas in our past is something we can all benefit from, and I’ve never heard it told in such a cohesive musical story like Hold the Girl. F*ck it’s so good, and I think everyone will realize it eventually, regardless of what your opinion of it now is. 

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:35 AM, CautiousLurker said:

- the album is wonderful and masterfully put together - there is a lot of heart in this album which I didn't quite expect tbh... I hope it does really well - Rina delivered and she deserves the success :firega:

Mte

The only critic that really counts is each person individually.  What matters is whether or not it connects to that person.   If there was a megarate of the album, I would give most of the songs a 10.  That's just how the album hits me personally.

I live outside the space time continuum.

On 9/16/2022 at 2:24 AM, Healed My Heart said:

Rina's voice is so gorgeous, it just soars :bradley:

Hold The Girl is still my fave song after first listen through, but there are definitely some other standouts too! I feel like this will be a grower.

Same.  But some of the other songs are such bops they give Hold The Girl strong competition.  I can't decide now.  Several 10s.

I live outside the space time continuum.

I love this album as a whole, the only songs that I’m not really feeling yet are Holy and Your Age, will probably be having this album on repeat for the next week 

I'm the spirit of my hair, it's all the glory that I bare

Archived