Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why are Songs now announced so far in advance?

Noah

Featured Posts

Now since Tiktok, People love to announce or preview their Songs 1-2 months early before the Drop. It happened to Hot in It by Charli, MYTP by Ava… It‘s tiring! There should be a limit. No more than 2 Weeks should be the limit. I hate when I see a Sound/Snippet I like, click on the Song and then see a release date like 8 Weeks from now. It‘s just killing the hype.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

I agree, if I hear a snippet it better be out that coming Friday otherwise it doesn’t live upto the hype :ladyhaha:

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

I agree, if I hear a snippet it better be out that coming Friday otherwise it doesn’t live upto the hype :ladyhaha:

I hope recordlabels learn from this. I get that they want a snippet to go viral, but like.. we need the whole song too!

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Anderson123

The Song 11 † 02 † 2011 | The Record 23 † 05 † 2011 New Years' Eve announcement teas. :fan:

Or even worse.. ARTPOP announcement for 2013 in mid 2012.. which was November 2013. Biggest blue balls in Gaga history.

Spoiler

Not counting Act 2, Frankensteined, Americano mariachi, etc.

27monster27

At least from classes I've taken, this is apparently to give time for hype and preparing the release by sending the song to radios and playlists. I personally do think that this is a little long though. For an established artist releasing the song sooner after the announcement is better. Though for a new artist I could see why one would want to build up hype for a release. I think it really depends on how "big" you are. Music style (especially culturally) may also play a role.

he/him/his

Maxine Puth
20 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

The Song 11 † 02 † 2011 | The Record 23 † 05 † 2011 New Years' Eve announcement teas. :fan:

Or even worse.. ARTPOP announcement for 2013 in mid 2012.. which was November 2013. Biggest blue balls in Gaga history.

Hide contents

Not counting Act 2, Frankensteined, Americano mariachi, etc.

To be fair wasn’t ARTPOP supposed to be out in 2012 or early 2013 :mark: 

19 minutes ago, JustDance1122 said:

To be fair wasn’t ARTPOP supposed to be out in 2012 or early 2013 :mark: 

I think the Promotion was supposed to start after the last BTWB

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

TheSine

Perhaps it's the idea of urgency, but I agree that it ruins the feeling of a song.

🖤TheSine🖤

Archived