đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Haus Labs Foundation coming 9.8.22

Meat

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
3 minutes ago, Dead body said:

Nah, even her face doesn't have that laaaarge shape, but her left ear (on the right on that pic) doesn't look like that at all :ladyhaha:

I think it probably has way more to do with the lens they used that the retouching tbh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, MonsterPaws said:

Yup. Even looking at the shade range photo from afar, you can easily tell it heavily skews towards lighter-skinned people.

I think maybe 5 more darker shades would be better. I can't tell if there are any cool-toned dark shades either so maybe adding those would be a bit more inclusive.

But regardless this is still a fantastic range of shades!! Loving the relaunch of Haus Labs. Feels very high end.

The picture with all the shades basically splits down the middle to me - half on the lighter end, half on the dark and deep end. Also most shade variation is often in the medium section as well. We’ll have to wait for deep skinned reviewers to weigh in before judging - Morphe for example came out with like a million shades and many were deep but when people actually tested them the undertones were so bad they couldn’t actually wear it. Foundations for deep skin most often have to do more with the correct undertone than the depth. 

GagasLeftFoot
6 hours ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

I don’t like the editing they been doing to her, I get it for GP but a majority of customers are gaga Stan’s I would think and prefer raw real images 

I have some experience in the field and I should say that it's pretty standard as other people said. Especially when you retouch famous people, you're told to change things that won't be there in a week such as pimples, redness, MAYBE fine lines. I'd say this retouch looks pretty good. After all, they're promoting the foundation. You can't have the unretouched photos where Gaga has blotchy skin and imperfections. Unfortunately, ALL beauty photos are a lie. Models NEVER look that good because all people have imperfections. However, nobody would buy the product otherwise because we're so used to  porcelain skin REtouching.

I mean if you go to gagaimages, there are unretouched (RAW) photos by Vijat Mohindra for Haus Labs where the lace is fully visible. And he did an incredible job to make it look like hair. Or the photo where Gaga's cheek is hidden by a makeup palette and he completely took out the palette and made it look like real skin. These are really fun to look at. 

I'd say a bad example is Mario Testino for 2010/11 shoot I think where he completely butchered her body and made her really distorted and skinny when she was skinny to begin with.

45 minutes ago, Dead body said:

Nah, even her face doesn't have that laaaarge shape, but her left ear (on the right on that pic) doesn't look like that at all :ladyhaha:

Seems like her left side of the face is a little more downward. You can see it even in her eyes because they're obviously not leveled. Also, her face looks larger because they probably used a macro lens (probably 100-200mm) which is the staple for beauty photography.

the last thing the world needs is another feet lover, but that's TOO BAD

SharkmanthaC
3 hours ago, Ivy said:

It's 1oz / 30mL

I'm on sephora website rn:vegas:

Perfect size for TSA! (Also standard size, but yay!)

she/her/hers

Admin
1 minute ago, Pandauralife said:

They still could have gone darker as far as shade range goes.

Are there examples of brands that have shades darker than the darkest Haus Labs shade?

The BPD Monster
2 hours ago, MonsterPaws said:

Yup. Even looking at the shade range photo from afar, you can easily tell it heavily skews towards lighter-skinned people.

I think maybe 5 more darker shades would be better. I can't tell if there are any cool-toned dark shades either so maybe adding those would be a bit more inclusive.

But regardless this is still a fantastic range of shades!! Loving the relaunch of Haus Labs. Feels very high end.

Completely agree💯❤️

GagasLeftFoot
12 minutes ago, Admin said:

Are there examples of brands that have shades darker than the darkest Haus Labs shade?

This is a weak argument. Someone has to take the first step to make even darker shades. And there's this girl on Tik Tok testing the darkest shades. So there are darker shades I think.

Admin
4 minutes ago, GagasLeftFoot said:

This is a weak argument. Someone has to take the first step to make even darker shades. And there's this girl on Tik Tok testing the darkest shades. So there are darker shades I think.

Argument? I asked a question.

But no, nobody HAS to make even darker shades. You’re making it sound like it’s a competition, when in reality it’s about inclusivity and making sure that people of all skin colors have a product they can use. If a brand like Fenty Beauty — which is pretty much known for being the most inclusive brand there is, founded by a Black woman, and the only celebrity brand expanding to Africa — doesn’t have a shade that is darker than the darkest Haus Labs shade, it means that their range covers all skin colors.

GagasLeftFoot
1 minute ago, Admin said:

Argument? I asked a question.

But no, nobody HAS to make even darker shades. You’re making it sound like it’s a competition, when in reality it’s about inclusivity and making sure that people of all skin colors have a product they can use. If a brand like Fenty Beauty — which is pretty much known for being the most inclusive brand there is, founded by a Black woman, and the only celebrity brand expanding to Africa — doesn’t have a shade that is darker than the darkest Haus Labs shade, it means that their range covers all skin colors.

I'm sorry, I just thought you were being defensive. I completely read your comment out of context.

I'm just saying that there's always room for improvement.

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, bluemonkey said:

Aw still hoping for a cleanser…

I’m hoping they have a whole skin-care line planned for future release, I would literally buy everything just to try it out lol 

Pandauralife
2 hours ago, Admin said:

Fenty goes a bit darker for shades more suited to blue-black people.

Archived