Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

2 years ago today, Katy Perry released ‘Smile’

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

monstertoronto

This album was so overlooked and underrated. Such a great album, I still like it now. 

SpiritBunny

one of the worst pop releases in recent memory may she rest in peace. Love Katy though. 

Moonlight on Water

It was a wonderful album, don't know how it got so much hate

she/her

One year and 364 days ago we collectively forgot about Smile

(Jk teary eyes was good and all the different animations were so cute)

holy scheisse

Just listened to it in full for the first time. Gotta say… I think it’s my favorite album of hers? :wtfga:

LadyEnigma

Not The End Of The World and Smile getting mvs/“single treatment” instead of Cry About It Later and a hard push for Champagne Problems was ridiculous + removing Small Talk from the album was a bad move that **** was a bop.

Katy having a “flop” era isn’t that disappointing to me bc I’m still a firm Witness stan :classy:

Magneto

Even though I liked the songs it still felt like a project full of leftovers. Not The End Of The World is sonically 100% a Witness B-side and you can't tell me otherwise.

Free my mind

KubaM316

I loved it since the very first day. I'm still surprised why people hated it so much. Maybe it isn't the best from Katy but it definitely isn't THAT bad.

bpmMonkey

I listend to it a lot when it came out, but tbh I feel it’s more of an mixtape / b side kinda album.. very good songs here and there but it lacks cohesion in my opinion. Other than that, GGD loves to hate on her, so no surprise there 😁

StrawberryBlond

It's one of her better albums but that really isn't saying much considering her only truly good album was Teenage Dream. It was an improvement on Witness but only slightly and the songs were clearly so rushed as she was just going to have the "droplet" singles originally and making a complete album wasn't the plan so it lacked overall purpose. I guess Capitol thought she had to release something to keep the fans sweet as so many were let down by Witness and there was no way she was going to keep them all by the time she completed an album she was truly passionate about so this is what we got. Let's face it, if she'd released nothing since Witness, her career would even worse off right now, so sometimes a middle of the road album after a flop is the better way to go. The droplet singles were good, the actual post-album release songs, less so. No idea why Cry About It Later wasn't made into a single, it stood the biggest chance of a hit (the animation was even good enough to be the official video) and Only Love was also good and that live version she did with Darius Rucker was one of her best performances ever so I have no idea why this wasn't given the single treatment either. And why Never Worn White was just a bonus track when it was an actual single beforehand is beyond me.

Archived